• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Communication Notification page frames

test1

For a more visible notification screen it is better to made a page frame for groups (1. Motivation from Fellowship members; 2. Motivation from other players; 3. Trade accepted; 4. Joining or leave the Fellowship). If your made the 4 tabs the notification can increase from 10 pages to 40 pages (10 pages per tabs)!
notification.png

Bor de Wolf 1965

The 4th tab is not needed or desirable.
If I am in a fellowship for a long time, I don't need a reminder who joined or left is for over 2 years.
It would become even worse if a player was kicked out and that message stays in the 4th tab for lets say 6 years.

The first 2 tabs could be as 1.
Why make a difference between players around you and FS members?
10x8 messages = 80 for just 24 fs motivation messages is just over 3 days of backlog.

So in short, we only need 2 tabs, 1 for motivation and 1 for trades/system messages.

Karvest

Even that wouldn't be enough (but still better then nothing of course).
I have more than 60 daily visiting neighbors now (only neighbors, plus FS visits), which won't fit in 10 pages by their own, not talking about those who do visit every other day or on vacation.
It would be better if motivation tab would show only last NH for every player in your neighborhood, won't have page limit and being automatically cleaned up of neighbors who moved out or have done no visits for a month. Using that logic my NH tab (combined neighbors + FS) would be 17 pages long now.

Last edited:

galrond

The 4th tab is not needed or desirable.
If I am in a fellowship for a long time, I don't need a reminder who joined or left is for over 2 years.
It would become even worse if a player was kicked out and that message stays in the 4th tab for lets say 6 years.

The first 2 tabs could be as 1.
Why make a difference between players around you and FS members?
10x8 messages = 80 for just 24 fs motivation messages is just over 3 days of backlog.

So in short, we only need 2 tabs, 1 for motivation and 1 for trades/system messages.
I agree, that a tab for leaving/joining guilds is a waste.
A tab for rewards (AW help/ FA chests etc.) would be nice.

I also agree, that a distinction between NH from FS and non-FS is odd.
What I don´t understand is where you get the 10x8 messages from.
I have 10 pages with 6 notifications, and that is way to few, if I want to be active giving NH.
Now you might ask: what does getting notifications have to do with me giving NH?
Everything! From notifications (and FS list) I can give fast NH (3 buttons: MH/B/C).
From map I have to:
- click to enter city
- click to give NH
- search for building eligable to recieve NH
- click to give the NH
- click to leave city again
This REALLY REALLY REALLY suck, and is the main reason I took a year away from elvenar.
If they hadn´t made it posible to give fast NH from notifications, then I would have stopped for good.

But depending on notifications to give NH, opens up another problem: The trade messages clutter up my notifications tab :eek:
Solution: Only put up very few very large trade offers. This ofc. don´t signal "vibrant marked".

Giving NH recived its own tab would really help.
But INNO have known the demand for 5 years, and nothing have happened. So I don´t have high hopes regarding it comming soon :(
On the other hand: they did improve/alter the trader interface, and add another tab in storage, so who knows....

Bor de Wolf 1965

@galrond you are right, the 8x10 was a counting mistake from me for I thought we had 8 messages per page.
And yes, we would like to have 10x10 notification pages and that is still not enough for the size of area I have scouted and I think you have scouted even more as me.

As to the very few system messages for who joined/left the FS and if a box was taken during FA, I don't mind if they go in to the same tab as the NH messages.
But I would like to see the trade taken messages replaced with a change of your trader icon.
A green "!" on the left side if 1 or more of your T1-T6 trades were taken.
A Red "!" on the right side if a T7-T9 trade was taken.
A Blue "!" in the centre if a T7-T9 trader came home or has expired.
This last part frees up the message system a lot and saves a lot of data being sent to players.

edeba

I think we just need NH to have its own tab, with unlimited pages, but say disappearing after about a week.

Enevhar Aldarion

I think we just need NH to have its own tab, with unlimited pages, but say disappearing after about a week.

Chat holds a max of 100 messages before the old ones get pushed out, so why the visit notices can't be done the same way, I don't understand

Enevhar Aldarion

It's not as handy as showing only last visit (my suggestion), as you need to scroll through 40+ pages to find someone who visited you 4 days ago due to daily visitors with your suggestion.

The app version already only shows the most recent visit by someone, compared to the PC version, which can waste space on multiple visits by the same person, if your notifications are that slow to fill.

Karvest

Can't check it (Daily I receive more NH that can fit in the list sent by server), but browser version just show what server sends as is. Doubt there is separate serverside logic for app. Even if app can strip multiple visits, it's faster to do that serverside, especially if we are talking about sending multiple days of notifications.

Lelanya

The fourth tab could be marked 'Other' and contain various information like the Great Treasure Chest notification from FA.
All items could scroll off after a week, with many pages available for this listing.
I stopped spamming the trader with many small trades years ago.