• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

User Interface Notification about donation to your Wonder

BaluWitch

description
add notification to the notification list that someone donated knowledge points to your wonder.
suggestion for the notification text:
Player "player name" donated to "name of the wonder" 5 points

*for web version there can be the icon of wonders at the righ side (instead of neighbourly help icon) which takes you to player`s wonders directly
*for mobile app the same as is the button for neighbourly help - the button which takes you to player`s wonders directly

In more details what led us to this idea
current process is chaotic - you search one by one wonder to see whether there was donated/ who donated, which is time consuming and at the end of the day many players give up and dont do it, which stops the cooperation :( and thats pitty.
Some fellowships use the "message process" that they write message everytime when they donate, and from message they access directly the players wonders (at lest from mobile app) and donate back. The message process is not the best one, as not everyone writes messages.

benefits:
1) easier and faster cooperation process
2) clear information who donated where, how many points, when (as notification has date&time info)
3) better cooperation on wonder development as players would be more active

*I apologize for any typos in the text

SoggyShorts

Only if it's in a separate tab. Already if I get a dozen trades taken I miss out on information due to the limits on notifications.
Also, how would it work if you clicked the +1 donate button 4x? would that be 4 notifications? What if you clicked it 48 times?

galrond

Only if it's in a separate tab. Already if I get a dozen trades taken I miss out on information due to the limits on notifications.
Also, how would it work if you clicked the +1 donate button 4x? would that be 4 notifications? What if you clicked it 48 times?
I wouldn´t shoot down the idea. It has some merit to it. But it MUST have a separate tap. I would like a separate tab for NH too:cool:
For it to work, some remaking on how you give KP have to be made. Instead of the +1/+10 buttons, you have to be able to write the number of KP you want to donate. I would like that feature anyway :)

galrond

Just read the old post.
They aren´t moving fast on the subject :D
Even if they divided notifications into separate tabs, more pages would be nice. I´m juggling around 50 accounts giving me NH. I think that could be more, if the oldest wasn´t deleted (and hence not returned) due to lack of spac:eeek:ops:

BaluWitch

yes, that is great idea! honestly did not think about that, but u r right, should be solved also. Then both ideas will work together great for players I believe.
About capacity of the notif.tabs, well, there is some capacity set up, but could be increased maybe- if not enough...but some reasonable volume of course

UlyssesBlue

I would only support this if we had separate tabs for notifications, split into NH, trades, and now KP donations. Also, there needs to be a good way to handle someone donating serveral times in a short space of time, e.g. pressing the 1KP button 10 times, or using 10x 3KP instants. I don't want to be swamped with notifications, but don't mind the idea of being notified of this sort of thing.