• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Not a Bug Notification about available free researches missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser118

B]Game version:[/B] v1.17.4-(0e2b9b5) (2016-10-26 13:45)
Game world: Beta
Browser + version: FF 49.0.2
Flash Player version: 23,0,0,185
Operating System: Win10
Account name: Katzenprinz
Humans or Elves: Elves

Reproducibility: 5/5

Current situation:
__ The notification about researches being available to be researched is not showing.

Expected situation:
A showing notification as shown in the list of 1.17 updates.

Reproduction Steps:
1. Enter game
2. Open research tree
3. Check menue at the bottom

Screenshots of the bug:

ikidspk6.jpg

DeletedUser1677

I did'nt knew that there should be a notification, so I miss it too :)
But when I enter research, it starts at the first chapter were I miss something :)

DeletedUser118

Well, that's the case for me too, but as you can see here...

It is now a lot easier to see if and where you have missing unlocked technologies in the Research Tree, and we added easier scrolling through this menu as well

and here...

You can click them for easy navigation in the tech tree. Also, if you have a new, unresearched technology, it should give you a notification that there is something to see in an earlier chapter, making you aware that you have not yet researched everything.

There should also be somekind of notification. Since that one is missing and I was asked to add a bug report, that's what I did. ^^

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Hi Katezenprinz - thanks for your report. We are checking with our game designers exactly what the intended function is here, and will let you know the outcome as soon as possible :)

DeletedUser283

something I have observed :
-if you click a chapter button for a chapter where all research is complete, it takes you to the head of the chapter;
-if you click a chapter button and there is an uncomplete research there, it takes you directly to this research (currently getting it for cerberus II in chapter IV)

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Hey Philplessis, this is indeed the way in which this feature is currently functioning :) Also you get taken to the head of the chapter if you have not yet unlocked the first tech there. We are checking whether this is the intended function.

DeletedUser118

Ok but that to me is NOT the way I would describe a "notification". A notification for me is something like a message or blinking picture/arrow or whatever. The way you did it, I still have to click through every chapter to see if there is a tech part missing. Sorry but that's not really helpful. :confused:

Dony

King of Bugs
after today's update i still dont see it even tho its mentioned in notes, and also arrow now points to chapter 1 all the time when i enter research

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Hi folks - apologies for the delayed reply here. We've now checked with our Game Designers and this feature is currently working as intended. Therefore this is not a bug.

... and also arrow now points to chapter 1 all the time when i enter research

@Dony - this is a separate issue, which should be fixed. Please clear your browser's cache if the issue still persists for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.