• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Answered Not a bug but a very annoying setting of building size

Bor de Wolf 1965

Game version: v1.161-beta.2-(1b695b8) - html5 (2022-09-22 16:24)
Game world: Beta and life versions
Browser/IOS/Android + version: Firefox and edge
Operating System or Mobile Device: windows 10
Screen resolution: 1920x1200 on a 24" 16:10 screen
Account name: Bor de Wolf 1965 on all the worlds I play
Humans or Elves: both

Reproducibility:
5/5 (1/5 = happened once; 2/5 = happens randomly; 3/5 = happens sometimes; 4/5 = happens often, but not always; 5/5 = happens always)

Current situation:
On both browsers I NEED to use the zoom setting to just 67% to have a decent view of my town.
If I open the building menu or the notification menu on 100% screen, they will take almost my entire screen.
I expect someone has set the building sizes from a fixed pixel size to a relative to screen size.
So if a building that used to be 100x200 on a 15" (1024x768) screen would be very small on a 24" (1920x1200) screen becomes a percentage of a screen on 100% zoom setting, on that 15" screen it still would be the same size but on a 24" screen it becomes a huge building.

Expected situation:
I expect to see more of my town on a 24" screen compared to a 15" screen while now they are the same.

Screenshots of the bug:
This is the 100% screen setting but the picture is reduced to 50%
100procent.png

This is the 67% screen setting but the picture is reduced to 50%
67procent.png

Bor de Wolf 1965

Sorry but in windows it self everything is at the original 100% and on other websites I don't have this problem.
It is only within the game that everything has become bigger and that is already for a couple weeks that this is going on.

Karvest

Just rechecked on 1024*768, 1920*1200 and 2560*1600 in chrome and firefox, buildings window is ~660*490 pixels everywhere at 100% scale. And ~830*610 on 4k display with 100% scale in browser and 125% dpi setting in windows, ~the same size that you can see on your 100% screenshot. So I guess there is 125% system-wide on your PC.

Bor de Wolf 1965

If I knew were that setting was hidden I would switch it off.
But I don't use any 125% settings.
that doesn't mean that a person at MS decided with an automated windows update that my computer needed to be switched to the 125% settings

Bor de Wolf 1965

That is the fun part, my screens are on the basic settings of 96dpi or 100%
I checked it with the link and still I can't figure out why the basic 100% zoom screen is so big so I have to zoom out to 67%.
And that is only in the game not here and not on any other website.
So it makes me believe there is a special setting in the game that does this to me.

Karvest

recheck "custom scaling" from my link. At least here it doesn't show actual numbers (like there is no scale), but de facto it is set to 125%.

Bor de Wolf 1965

I checked all possible options, even the reg hack part.
And I am on 96 DPi
That is why I don't understand why the pictures have become so big.
And in the past I did zoom in and out a lot ( I even programmed 2 mouse buttons for it to zoom in CTRL + or to zoom out CTRL - )

Bor de Wolf 1965

It took me a long time but finally I found the cause of this problem.
It seems an application set the accessibility letter size just a little bit bigger and that screwed up all the graphical stuff om my screens.
But thanks for trying to help me with this problem