• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Research Non-boosted Manufactory Research

Would you support this idea?

• Total voters

DeletedUser1095

If so, this cannot be reduced just to a boosted good, otherwise players with a certain boost would have an advantage against others to have the additional benefit of building boosted manufactory if researching a certain branch of the research tree.

I think the idea is that each player would be required to complete the research for advanced manufactories of his/her boosted good - the tech tree would be "personalized" in that respect. And of course we could all research all the technologies at some point.

The Inno games many of us are more accustomed to of course also require us to do research we don't need for anything except further research, but the tech trees are considerably more elaborate, which gives players more of a choice of what order to do things in. That's what feels missing in here, at least to me.

DeletedUser

Can you imagine, how long it would take to implement a personalized tech tree having in mind the development speed so far? There might be a somewhat easier alternative to unite the three different manufactory researches to a single one.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Okay, but fighting can take a very long time for example, so the opportunity of negotiating should always be there, and for that you need factories.
You're absolutely right. Perhaps in the future, however, there could be more avenues to fight apart from just collecting relics such as PvP or tournaments or other things. So, instead of needing to produce goods themselves, those aggressive type players could basically plunder/win the goods they require. Just a rough idea - I'm not sure what your team have in mind for this game.

DeletedUser1095

No no no - no plundering, please!! People are welcome to play FoE if they want plunder.
Tournaments that treat PvP as a sport rather than a battle could be amusing, though. And the prizes for quests and provinces could be more varied - eg goods instead of the useless relics, a premium expansion or two tucked in as a quest reward now and then, a handful of units, buildings and so on as rewards for capturing sectors. But this is getting awfully far from the topic of the thread.

If Methusu's right that it would take the devs too long to "personalize" the tech trees, then it could be that completing any one of the three "advanced manufactory" research lines would allow us to progress. Bundling the "advanced manufactories" into one field that would allow us to build whichever is appropriate would work as well, except that if I know Inno they'd make it cost hundreds of KPs and put us all to sleep. :cool:

Edit: Actually the tech trees are "personalized" already, aren't they. I have to research only one "precious goods production boost", not all three. So why should we all have to research all three "advanced manufactories" in order to advance? One or two should be enough.

DeletedUser651

I absolutely agree. Not just because my game has come to a screeching halt this week while I have to just sit here and wait to get past these things in the research tree, but because I don't think a lot of players will bother. Anything that has your players spending a week leaving you to play other games cannot be good for the game. Especially because so much of the problem with this game is that your neighborhood isn't active. If this one thing is going to drive more people away it will make things worse for the hardcore players too. So, from a business standpoint, I support the idea of making the advanced manufactories a dead end part of the research tree that you will be optional but won't block you from moving on.

DeletedUser

When I began to play Elvenar, I've never played such kind of games before, I decided to build manufactories of all kinds of goods.

Now, some time later, I see it has been a good idea to produce all goods by myself and use the wholesaler if needed. My surrounding players have offers that often do not meet my needs of goods.
Many of my players around me are still to far away, so the trader takes horrible fee of 50%.

I'm no friend of fighting, so I'm trying to explore provinces by negotiating, and for me it would be fine if I could play the game and progress without being forced to permanently upgrade Barracks, Armories and Troops.