• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

World Map No Workshop? No Churn!

DeletedUser867

SUGGESTION: Wait until a new player actually VISITS the World Map, for the first time, before they're assigned a city sector.

WorldNo WorkshopPage ofPages
beta18%15991737
en126%29113922
de111%54336087
us125%53317083
us231%11501368
es116%11501168
  • A Human Workshop generates a score of 15
  • An Elven Workshop generates a score of 18
  • They then build a Statue (no score increase)
  • They then visit the World Map to get a Relic (a score increase of 1)
  • New players won't even have a logout icon until they've upgraded their Builders Hut
    (Their score will be 19 or 22 at that point.)
  • They DO NOT need to confirm their email address during their initial visit
Presently, all new players are immediately assigned a city on the World Map and, if they never return, the rest of us have to deal with
  • A dead city for 30+ days, or indefinitely for a premium account
  • An empty sector
  • A new neighbor
  • Rinse and Repeat
Most of the churn could be avoided by simply WAITING until a player actually visits the World Map, for the first time,
BEFORE they're assigned a city sector.

Note that a very similar feature could be implemented rather quickly, with minimal risk.
  • If a city has a score of less than 15 (no workshop),
    simply flag it after 24 hours of inactivity, rather than waiting for 30+ days,
    even if it's a premium account city.
My methodology was very simple.
  • I visited the indicated worlds
  • I found the highest numbered rank page that had a score of 15
  • % of Players with No Workshop = 1 - (Page with a 15 / Total pages)
  • Note that vacant lots make the numbers even scarier

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

One can finish research tree perfectly without havin' any 'workshop'. Workshop only occupy place, require 'culture' and don't give an interesting number of supplies.
You can get all supplies you need from quests + 'helping' neighbours (no 'alliance' needed).

DeletedUser867

For the general game I agree with you, but at the moment we're talking about the first 15 minutes of the user experience, while they're still following the tutorial arrows.
  • One of the first few steps, in the locked down portion of the tutorial, requires the placement of a Workshop (15 or 18 points).
    Look at the Rank list, for the production worlds, and note that 30% of the players have a score of LESS THAN 15 points.
  • The subsequent tutorial step requires placement of a Lamp Post (0 points)
  • Then you upgrade a residence (0 points)
  • THEN the tutorial visits the World Map for the first time. (1 point)
PRIOR to visiting the world map there's no need for a new player to be assigned a city sector, they can't even get there, so holding off on the assignment would eliminate the need to vacate and replace players who have NEVER visited the World Map.

DeletedUser967

One can finish research tree perfectly without havin' any 'workshop'. Workshop only occupy place, require 'culture' and don't give an interesting number of supplies.
You can get all supplies you need from quests + 'helping' neighbours (no 'alliance' needed).

Of course some people can finish tree and do many things without any workshop - more place for culture, but others can do workshops without useless culture like me and can have tousands of resources with 100-125% of culture.