• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

No Spire scheduled for tomorrow.

Reina del mar

Not sure if anyone from Inno read this but words are not enough to express my dissapointment on what is going on lately.
A beta full of bugs like they are mocking us. Have not seen something similar, so minimal interst towards players, so little consideration.
I wonder how the game would look like if all beta players who gives two cents would stop playing. All at once. Probably would see a mess on live servers as well.

Annelore

Considering some of the live servers got the tournament starting and ending early last week. It seems that inno has too many servers to maintain and not enough people to maintain them.

Enevhar Aldarion

There is a huge difference between bugs and negligence. Beta is meant to test new features, to improve the gameplay of live servers. Not to forget or ommit a weekly event!

I know it is only a weird coincidence, but about a year and a half ago, at about the same time Marindor got married and was gone for a few months for honeymoon and Christmas holidays, Beta as a whole started to do downhill. This forum has not been as responsive to problems as it was before that, and the programmers and devs have slowly been doing worse and worse jobs with the game. Lots of bug and glitches and either delays of new content or unexpected rushing of new events and FAs. And the days when stuff reported on Beta was fixed before it went to the Live servers seems to be over. And worse are the bugs that do not show up until new content and updates are added to the Live servers. This game is getting old in mobile-game years and I have been starting to suspect that chapter 22 would be the final chapter of the game, but now I am wondering if it will even make it that far.

Lelanya

Tcha! and here I was, hoping that InnoGames had finally listened to feedback and decided to allow a decent amount of time in between the end of Tournament and the beginning of Spire. That would be a quality of life improvement that we have been advocating for at least 3 years now. But as there's no big Announcement, where someone would take credit for such a timely and intelligent change, I appear to be doomed to disappointment yet again.

FaunaWillow

Sadly, this game has been going down hill at a rather extreme pace in that last year or so (more frequent in the last several months).
It's sad and frustrating because there's no reason for this downfall to happen.
-They have an alpha testing sever that one would assume is no longer in use.
-Then they have Beta here, where we create bug reports, but now that is also being ignored, as most bugs are going live anyway...and the rate of bugs here these days is unbelievable.
-Communication from the game (devs/inhouse/whoever) is almost non-existent now.
-They keep messing up their coding. Maybe because there isn't anyone around anymore to take care of Elvenar. Who knows?!
-It all boils down to the management decisions at INNO Games and how they keep changing their staff, which is resulting in major neglect and resentments toward their own games.
-It also creates a lot of tension between the volunteer mods and paid staff relations, mods and player relations... and creates hostilities between player vs. player, as well.
-It has become toxic and dysfunctional due to neglect and carelessness. They simply do not care anymore and it shows.
-You'd think they'd want to continue being proactive with Beta bugs and customer satisfaction.
It almost seems like they are actively trying to destroy their own gaming reputation. :(

Earwen1

To my opinion, the responses here to a missing Spire are way over the top.
As if the end of the world is near, or at least the Elvenar world.

Anywhere people work, they make mistake, forget things.
To forget to scedule a weekly thingy is just a mistake, nothing more, nothing less.

So, in stead of playing the Spire, read a book, see a film. Anything is better than moaning about a missing Spire in the forums.

DeletedUser3672

Funderar allvarligt på att ta en paus från spelet ett tag. Kanske tar de sig samman någon gång :(
härSamma

Edited by: Amy Steele
Reason: Translation required

Last edited by a moderator:

Alcaro

To forget to scedule a weekly thingy is just a mistake, nothing more, nothing less.

So, in stead of playing the Spire, read a book, see a film. Anything is better than moaning about a missing Spire in the forums.
Very condescending :)
For us, it might be a game, but for them, it's a job.
I would like to ask you - what would happen if, at a job, someone makes a mistake which would affect thousands of people including yourself? Not something life-threatening but, nevertheless, disturbing. Would you also be so calm and ignore the issue?

P.S. - you recommend us to read a book or watch a movie, yet you are here, reading and taking part in this thread! :D :D :D

Souliena

For me for this time no problem, but lots of people have boosters that will be gone Sunday evening / monday morning. And as we all know, boosters are rare. So people want them to get used for 2 spires.
I'm really happy that I didn't use boosters this week, so I'm not loosing anything here.
And yes, it is only a game but in the last 2 - 3 months we had so many bugs we haven't seen in the months before. Playing beta for more then a year and bugs are getting more and more.

FaunaWillow

Nothing new.
If you don't want bugs...

Ah well, happy weekend!

There is a huge difference between bugs and negligence

This forum has not been as responsive to problems as it was before that, and the programmers and devs have slowly been doing worse and worse jobs with the game

^^^ (Forum Rules : "2. Be polite and constructive

• Please help us keeping harmony in the community. Make sure that you treat others respectfully")
Very condescending :)
For us, it might be a game, but for them, it's a job.
I would like to ask you - what would happen if, at a job, someone makes a mistake which would affect thousands of people including yourself? Not something life-threatening but, nevertheless, disturbing. Would you also be so calm and ignore the issue?

P.S. - you recommend us to read a book or watch a movie, yet you are here, reading and taking part in this thread! :D :D :D
^^^(spot on)
-It also creates a lot of tension between the volunteer mods and paid staff relations, mods and player relations... and creates hostilities between player vs. player, as well.
-It has become toxic and dysfunctional due to neglect and carelessness.
.....I'm not even going to say anything further except this one player is proving the very point of how INNO's management practices/neglect are causing tension within the player base...where some may say "big deal, who cares" to these issues, others are tired of things getting progressively worse in the game we love to play... and then it goes back to those who don't care about these constant issues coming on to the forum to mock and belittle those who are upset.
Thanks INNO. The uptick in bugs and procrastination in fixing those bugs is what is causing all of this. If things were going at least the way they used to, it wouldn't be so tense around here.

Last edited:

PrimroseSylvia

We're all human, and mistakes can happen.
But in the last 8 months, it's a continuos succession of "mistakes" (or bugs, or negligence call them how do you want).
I'd really like to know which society would allow a such disruptive approach. As I already said in another discussion, why have they to break something that is working perfectly fine (in this case, why they have to change tbe old scheduled system like @Karvest explained)?
Elvenar is not the world (or the end of it), but... there are people that get their salary working on it. And it's easy like 1 2 3: more bugs → more unhappy players → more players quitting and/or stop buying premium → less income for Inno → further layoffs or (in the worst scenario) Elvenar shutdown.
We all are able to find something else to employ our free time, but I'd like not to be forced to.

RoseMary

^^^ (Forum Rules : "2. Be polite and constructive

• Please help us keeping harmony in the community. Make sure that you treat others respectfully")

^^^(spot on)

.....I'm not even going to say anything further except this one player is proving the very point of how INNO's management practices/neglect are causing tension within the player base...where some may say "big deal, who cares" to these issues, others are tired of things getting progressively worse in the game we love to play... and then it goes back to those who don't care about these constant issues coming on to the forum to mock and belittle those who are upset.
Thanks INNO. The uptick in bugs and procrastination in fixing those bugs is what is causing all of this. If things were going at least the way they used to, it wouldn't be so tense around here.
Well said!
My thought is that Inno isn´t so interested in their own game, at least not Elvenar, I mean where is the new chapter? No explanations or info about the problems that has been, why not? Where are the interested developers? Why not show themselves here? Sorry for bad English... Take care out there. And be nice to each other.

salandrine

well, for me it seems, Inno is going to shut down Elvenar. Now not very good informed Devs are working, to be seen with copy and paste wrong things, without negotiating every change in the meantime. I guess, Devs doesnt know it better, because they are not involved within the game.

Inno tries to earn at least as much money as they can and not care any more about the players. Maybe Elvenars loses as a cashcow and there will not be any more effort to develop the game anymore.

FaunaWillow

Capture.PNG

Just to show that no one is really using the pre-test server anymore, as the German Community Manager states. I'm sure there are still some dedicated moderators (especially here on Beta) trying to get developers to take zz2 seriously, for the sake of the players here on Beta.
Note how the spire is working there but not here on zz1. I bet it's because they don't pay attention to zz2 so updates don't happen for anyone to test. It's crazy!
Absolutely no disrespect to the current CM here, as none of this is your fault and this was all thrown in your lap, but when we had Marindor, he was known for his constant poking to the inhouse team/developers to get bugs fixed as quickly as possible. He and his team also kept us updated frequently.
Now with layoffs and staff changes, there isn't anyone around.

Capture.PNG

I doubt there is an emergency system in place now, with no staff available anymore.