• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Not a Bug No credit for combining catalysts from MA

Ergolas77

Game version: v1.144-beta.1-(6f01106) - html5 (2021-12-02 09:26)
Game world: Beta
Browser/IOS/Android + version: Firefox 94.0.2 (64-bit)
Operating System or Mobile Device: Manjaro Linux
Screen resolution: 1080p
Account name: Ergolas77
Humans or Elves: Elves

Reproducibility:
5/5 (1/5 = happened once; 2/5 = happens randomly; 3/5 = happens sometimes; 4/5 = happens often, but not always; 5/5 = happens always)

Quest title: Winter Magic #65

Current situation:
Quest pictured requires harvesting 2 CC's. I harvested 1 from Moonstone Library, made one in MA. I got credit for the moonstone one in the event quest, but not for the one made in MA. Looking at CC count, I did NOT get credit for the CC that was made (the total remained unchanged).

I burned some time boosters and made another CC. Same result (CC count remained the same, no floaty thing over MA and the quest requirement was not satisfied. I did this twice to confirm the CC count did not change.

Expected situation:

I should have seen +1 on my CC count after harvesting them from MA and the quest requirement should have been satisfied.

Reproduction Steps
1. Note the CC count in inventory
2. Create a CC in the MA
3. Harvest it

Screenshots of the bug:

Screenshot_2021-12-02_07-27-52.png

Marindor

Hi @Ergolas77 , this is due to changes we made in today's update. Please read the Release Notes here for all information about it and sorry for the inconvenience caused. New MA productions should work again!

Ergolas77

Thank you for the reply, Marindor.

Suggestion for the transition to live worlds: In software, recognize both the old and new CC names for backward-compatibility. Then, after the transition is complete and there is no danger, you can remove the backward-compatible code.

Otherwise, when this transition goes live, players will lose CC's that they had legitimately manufactured.

Uffauffa

Hi @Ergolas77 , this is due to changes we made in today's update. Please read the Release Notes here for all information about it and sorry for the inconvenience caused. New MA productions should work again!
No @Marindor , I think there's something going very much beyond the today's update.
I had problem with this (your announce):
CC productions that were already produced before the game update and waiting in the Magic Academy are lost.
And ok, I've lost one CC, accordingly... peace.

BUT, just to "test the system", I've forced a CC production and... no new CC has been counted in the counter! Lost again.
I'm using app, tell me if I should open a bug report.

In the meantime I stopped the CC production, fearing to lose any new producted CC.

Uffauffa

Hi @Uffauffa was this new production you boosted also started after today's deploy or was it already in the queue before that?
TBO it was in the cue. Give me one sec, I try to produce a completly new one

Yes, now it'ok. So the new suggestion is "clear all the cue and start new productions", at all. Not a bug confirmed, but a trap is hidden in the old cue.

Karvest

I wonder whether my libraries would give me CC tomorrow or they are producing "old" catalysts now...

Ergolas77

@Karvest I did not have a problem with the CC produced by Moonstone Library this morning. I believe only the CC's that were enqueued in MA before the update would be affected, based on what I've heard.

Ergolas77

From the RN's : "Productions started after the game update do count correctly again."

@Marindor I just want to make sure that this point is understood, I had CC's in the MA queue that started building after the update, and I used boosters to harvest them, but I did not get credit for them.

I think the RN's should actually read "Productions that were enqueued in MA after the game update do count correctly again."