• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Not a Bug No Citydwellers

• Thread starter DeletedUser1095
  • Start date

DeletedUser1095

Current situation: I no longer see anyone walking around my town, even though I have "show animations" checked and the buildings are animated. I don't remember when this started - in fact I'd forgotten there are supposed to be people on the paths.
Expected situation: There are supposed to be people on the paths.
Reproducibility: Nonstop
Steps to reproduce: Look at my city.

Game version: 0.17.13772-0e2c22e-(master) (2015-05-28 14:18)
Game world: beta 1
Browser & version: Firefox/38.0,
Flash Player version: 17,0,0,188
Operating System: Windows 7
Screen resolution: 1347x621
Account name: Mink
Humans or Elves: Elves

DeletedUser118

Same here. In my town there is noone alive anymore either. What happend to them? Did they all run away from bordem or what happened? :eek:

DeletedUser778

Just turned animations on and yes i have no people walking around too.

Yep, this is not a bug. The citizens caused a major issue, which is why we unfortunately had to turn them off for now. They are planned to be turned back on with the update to 0.18. :)

DeletedUser

Now that you mention it, I also noticed ...
I hope to see them as soon as possible!
+1 sorella

DeletedUser231

And I thought my evilness scared all my citizens away, or my recent bowel movement caused such a stink they abandoned me for less smelly neighborhood...:p

DeletedUser1095

Yep, this is not a bug. The citizens caused a major issue, which is why we unfortunately had to turn them off for now. They are planned to be turned back on with the update to 0.18. :)

Why didn't anyone tell us this?

DeletedUser503

I guess alot of us missed our little people walking around . They will come back,
absence makes the heart grow fonder. ;)

They have been gone for approximately 2 weeks now. Are you sure you missed them that bad, given that you only notice it now? ;)

ophion

I had very few people in my city even when they were around...unless they were all hiding behind my trees.:)

DeletedUser205

They have been gone for approximately 2 weeks now. Are you sure you missed them that bad, given that you only notice it now? ;)

why do they think about give us the walkers back if your opinion is, that we players don't care?

DeletedUser231

Muf-muf, do you actually know what T.E.A.M. means?

It means Together Everyone Achieves More.

This game is about community and when one member of that community fails to inform it's citizens of changes then it lets down the Entire community. I have noticed alot of changes in this game as it ages and not all of them positive. Greed seems to be very obvious as time goes by. Greed for collect monies is the focal point of this game. Buildings like the goods buildings who demand too many citizens to construct them then culture buildings asking too many diamonds to build them. It seems to me that this game has failed to live up to our expectations of being a good game. When I first tried this game it looked very good and I told you that. But now looking back I wonder why I was so naive.

I look at all the Toop players who buy their way to the top and wonder what is the point? Tribal wars was never like this, but then came along Tribal wars 2, and that changed my opinion. With the change of Management within Innogames more emphasis has been placed on raking in the cash and little has been focused on building great content games. Elvenar's concept right from the beginning has been a giant flaw for the following reasons:

1) Too much emphasis on Diamonds.
2) Culture system a train wreck....In order to get my culture to 150% I would have to either destroy half my buildings or build a ton of culture buildings which I have zero room. Totally stupid waste of time.
3) Good buildings too much citizens required.
4) Weak player visiting concept.
5) Communication system a total failure. Mail is absolutely horrible. I get one mail and it tells me I got 8 of them. I have very little contact with others and reasoning is the mail system is broken.
6) Instant Battles...a complete failure.
7) Desertification....What happened....??????....Vast areas of the map are dead.
8) Visitation and culture.....If hardly anyone visits then what is the point of Culture.....
9) Culture buildings too expensive and the non-premium are a waste of space and time to build them.
10) City building....For a city building game, elvenar is a complete failure in that there are almost zero tools to do anything. At least F.O.E. has better tools, better mailing system etc.
11) Battle system....Hmmmmmmmmmmm.....lopsided maps, mis-balanced approach to the whole thing. Then why battle if the discovery of desert with no players makes it useless and research points end up getting wasted when tech is finished.
12) Trading....99% of trading used to be with discovered players and now 99% of trade is with undiscovered players long way from me. Very few players trade as this game comes to a close. So many inactives around everyone.
13) Trading system....When trading why cant my inventory show on every screen so I can see it.
14) Goods.....If my neighbors have the same stuff as I have it makes it very hard to trade as we are collecting the same stuff and all want the same stuff.
15) Goods---non--boost....what is the point of trying to get them when they trader makes them so expensive? Little people trade and we all collect the same stuff? WEIRD
16) others Relics....why, what is the point of having relics and can't do anything with them? Useless junk that is non-tradeable.

I have repeated this before. if the concept is flawed and then the game is flawed. I understand BETA and bugs, bugs can be fixed but can a flawed concept be repaired in a reasonable amount of time? I played Lagoonia, Rising Generals and kartuga, those games tried very hard to become good, and I tried to help but in the end Innogames called them a failure. Their collective communities tried to help but failed to get the game designers to listen. Those games ventured into different territory for innogames and they failed....Why?

So Innogame recycled Tribal Wars into TW2....Better game no....More money orientated YES...more flaws...certainly.
So Innogames recycled F.O.E. into Elvenar....Better game no....More money orientated YES...more flaws...absolutely.

I almost beat the following is gonna happen....

I will either be told to quit, this post erased, or might even be banned from game or this forum for speaking my mind. This game has great LOOKS and eye candy, but it stops there, as the basic game is very flawed, playability is weak, mechanics flawed, concept flawed and over all any game designed who reviewed this game would say 5 out of 10. Even F.O.E. ripped off the tech system from Civilization and this copied FOE.

Marindor

I will either be told to quit, this post erased, or might even be banned from game or this forum for speaking my mind.

Why would we do that? In fact, all (constructive) feedback is valuable and very much appreciated. However, I do think that your whole post would come more to it's right when parts of it are posted in the corresponding threads we have for these issues, instead of here, somewhere in an archived thread about citizen animations that have temporarily been switched off.

If you talk about "team" and "achieving more", let's work from that point of view and please post your feedback in the threads about these points and if you want to be constructive, don't just only put down everything you dislike, but help us by coming up with suggestions that are well thought through, about how things could be made different (and better). If we'd all do that, great ideas could be created and thát would really be valuable when we talk about involving the community in actually shaping and refining this game :)

DeletedUser205

@Marindor the community shouldn't be made responible for Elvenar as it is - and this was IMHO very good described by RugBug.
Gamedesigners and even devs got a lot of suggestions and ideas - all unpaid.
You can be happy to get open feedback from players instead those who just leave the game without puting their feedback down.
To answer with advises how to put opinions into forumstructure sounds nothing but helpless.
If you mods are not able to forward players feelings, you are part of the communicationproblems I think.
You perhaps think, that RugBugs post is the feeling of a single player, but I can assure you that it's not - just from communication with other players.
If you are not able to copy that and put into communicationposts with your designers and devs you should overthink THAT ways of communication, because you are reliant of feedback of nonprofis who are the customers you want to get for future.

Last edited by a moderator:

Marindor

@Marindor the community shouldn't be made responible for Elvenar as it is
<...>
If you mods are not able to forward players feelings
<...>
If you are not able to copy that and put into communicationposts with your designers and devs
<...>

I'm not saying that @sorella , please don't twist my words.

Furthermore, let's now stay on-topic in this thread for we're drifting way too far from the actual topic here. :)

Marindor

@Mink : It is, and no idea about the answer. Apparently our development team was able to terminate a bigger bug in the last update by temporarily turning off these animations. It's customary to name the bugs that are fixed in the Release Notes, but not the steps that were taken to do so. This solution was only temporary but it's not a secret or something. That's why we're telling you now, since you asked for it. After our next update, our citizens should all be back!