• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Duplicate "Next city" button

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jixel

For me, visiting neighbours is an important part of the game - but it's incredibly tedious (I'm playing here, EN and US).
I also try to visit my Fellowships every day, and even that takes a long time clicking in and out of the member list.

My suggestion: Whenever viewing someone else's city that is either Discovered, or in my Fellowship, there should be a "Next city" button (maybe on or near the city title area).

If viewing a Neighbour city: It should take me to the next Discovered city to the right on the world map. If I'm at the right-most Discovered city, then it should go to the left-most on the next row down. If I'm at the right-most on the bottom row, it should cycle around to the left-most on the top row of Discovered cities.

Basically, if I keep clicking "Next city" from any city on my World Map view, I should be able to visit every city I've Discovered.

If viewing a Fellowship city: It should take me to the next city on the member list (skipping mine), and cycle from the end of the list to the start of the list.

Of course, there's a complication: What if a Neighbour is also in the same Fellowship as me ?
The "obvious" behaviour would depend on how I visited them - if I came to them from the World Map, cycle through Neighbours; if I got there from the Fellowship list, cycle through the Fellowship.

DeletedUser867

There's another attractive way to implement your idea, using the Notification list which already has a hands icon.
  • Juice up the hands in the notification list so that they change color and have a timer very similar to the hand in the city profile.
  • Make the hand icon a hot link for going to that city
  • When you leave the city, go back to that exact location in the Notification List
Once a week or so, to prime the pump, you'd need to do a normal rotation in your fellowship roster and/or walk the world map, but for the most part you'd focus on your friends and neighbors who have recently visited your city.

Forge of Empires has an Aid functionality that algorithmically buffs the city, without the overhead of an actual visit. My preferred sequence would be Builder, Culture, Main Hall. Aiding is fast and convenient, and it conserves your data limits.
  • A similar aid button could be added in the fellowship roster.
  • For the world map I can visualize a similar list of discovered cities, which does not yet exist, but first I want to see how Guest Races are going to be handled.
But yeah, there are definitely several ways to make visits more efficient/convenient, and thereby more attractive.

DeletedUser43

The idea of a "Next city" button jixel proposes is already suggested in this thread (click). Please support the idea there! I'll close this thread as a duplicate. :)

Katwijk's idea of clickable hands icons is also already proposed in two threads: one about adding these icons in the fellowship window (click) and one about adding these icons on the World Map (click). If you're interested in these ideas, you could post in the corresponding threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.