• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

NEW website Elvenstats.com!

Loki Blue

so there is no harm in your info being there.

And no harm done by my info not being there, either. If I'm not applying to someone's Fellowship, in my opinion, it doesn't need to be.

People are funny creatures, really. Some people don't care about who hears their personal conversations they're having on their cell phones while they're out in public; they'll speak so loudly that you can't help but hear about their Uncle Carl's horrendous BMs, or that their idiot roommate kept them up all night doing the wild thang, while they were desperately trying to sleep. Or their own personal information, so that by the time they get off of the bus everyone that's been riding the bus with them knows their telephone number, the name of their bank, the name of their employer, and their account number. Other people are so deeply bothered by discovering someone going through their garbage that they lose sleep at night (omg, what if they're peeking in my windows?). People feel how they feel, sometimes they're bothered by something, sometimes they're not. It's alright for them to be bothered by this...they'll either learn to live with it, contact the developer and opt-out, or freak totally out and quit the game. :p

edeba

I think there is an enormously different environment for an online game where you make up a user name and pretty much all of your personal information is private.

Contrast that to playing a game on FB... They publish you were playing your right on you FB page, or they publish game prizes and this stuff is nearly impossible to turn off. Decided to let one through and the game takes it as permission to spam your fb with hundreds of posts in day. With FB your name and all other information you've decided to share is right there. Employers are now sometimes screening people's facebook to get to know job interviewees better.

Even though Elvenstats is publishing game information, players are made up and the stats are about the game, and none of it goes back to the "individual," in the sense your gaming activities is not crashing into your private life the way it does on facebook and that's the stuff of privacy invasion.

I don't know your name, where you live, if you are male or female, young or old, your occupation, or anything about you. That's your privacy and it is protected.

SoggyShorts - Please know - I understand what a terrific job you've done with the site Elvenstats. It gives players, Mages and Archmages information at their fingertips that many have craved since Elvenar opened it's servers. You've done a beautiful job!

My problem with the site, is that this information has been collected and published online without my authorization. Technically, idk who exactly "owns" this information Inno Games? Players? Elvenstats? But based on what's happening on other social sites online, I'm guessing use or publishing of player information needs to be authorized by players.

I won't say, "it should be an easy fix". Software development is as much art as it is science.

Zero personal offense meant to you or anyone else who's worked on Elvenstats. Again, I can appreciate the hard work you've all done.

Please respect that I want control over my information online - yes, even in Elvenar or on a site using information from Inno Games/ Elvenar.

Peace.

SoggyShorts

And no harm done by my info not being there, either. If I'm not applying to someone's Fellowship, in my opinion, it doesn't need to be.
What you're missing is that your info does help Elvenstats even when it's not about you. Lemme explain:
If your info is not on there, then your FS shows as having an empty space, and a completely different balance of boosts. Remove 7 or 8 players from your FS on elvenstats, and it becomes pretty useless pretty fast because your AM may want to have a better estimate at how many planks/steel/marble is made in the FS without manually counting and calculating every factory in each city. Take your info out and that feature is useless too.

Or if someone is thinking about joining your FS, they may be interested in how many chests your FS gets each week. That is a function of all your fellows points added together, so having your contributions removed makes it look like less.

The bottom line is: Your FS info is the sum of its member's info. Remove members and it becomes inaccurate.

Loki Blue

@SoggyShorts, what you're missing is that none of this is relevant to me or the Fellowship I'm in. Let me explain. :)

1. If your info is not on there, then your FS shows as having an empty space, and a completely different balance of boosts. Remove 7 or 8 players from your FS on elvenstats, and it becomes pretty useless pretty fast because your AM may want to have a better estimate at how many planks/steel/marble is made in the FS without manually counting and calculating every factory in each city. Take your info out and that feature is useless too.

Our Archmage (Wyken) doesn't care. And Jötunulfr only has 8 members in it. We're a tiny, no-tournament-doing (except for quest relic requirements and whatnot), non-FA-participating group of friends-in-real-life who don't feel like dealing with "actual" Fellowships. If she cares to know what's shakin', so to speak, she either leaves a message in the inbox of whomever she needs to communicate with when she's on, or, she texts. Easy peasy. That's how we keep in touch, actually, so when chat is down, we don't have an issue. :p

2. Or if someone is thinking about joining your FS, they may be interested in how many chests your FS gets each week. That is a function of all your fellows points added together, so having your contributions removed makes it look like less.

If someone is thinking about joining my Fellowship, they'll be disappointed. The description states, "Closed fellowship. Please no invites or requests." We recently gained a "new" member, yes, but that is because she got tired of playing on the server she was on and wanted to find out what Beta was like. Since she's a friend, we had no problem. And, for the record, we get a whopping 0 chests each week. :D

The bottom line here is: ElvenStats is a great tool for players in real Fellowships, looking to recruit players who want to be in real Fellowships. Since Jötunulfr is not a real Fellowship, if it disappears from the site in whole, or in part, it's not the end of the World. And if we as a group had opted out without this escapade on the forum, no one would ever know. ;)

LOL...conversely, if we all opted out, dissolved the Fellowship, then made a new one, no one would know that either. :p

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

@Loki Blue you must admit that your FS is a little out of the ordinary: A FS that doesn't do FS stuff, with players that don't play much.:p While this wouldn't be unheard of on a beta server, on live I don't think it's a very popular choice.

The thing is that Elvenstats could only go 2 ways. Either it looks up stats on everyone (leaving out players that opt out), or it only looks up players who opt in.

The opt in route simply wouldn't have worked. I doubt more than 5% of players have ever even checked out Elvenstats (the Demo vid has 7K views, which is what? 0.007% of players?) I'd bet that very very few FS have had 100% of members go to the site, meaning almost every single statistic the site generates would be wrong.

Loki Blue

@SoggyShorts I readily admit that we're very out-of-the-ordinary. You don't need me to tell you that everyone has a different style of play, and not everyone wants to be locked into the way an active Fellowship plays. I loathe being told, in any MMO I play, that in order to progress I must join 'the group'. Not saying that it's ever happened to me here, but that is frequently the feeling that comes off of these forums. At any rate, I think it's better for all of us; if we have real life to do, there's no feeling like we're 'letting the group down' by not participating. If any of us have to quit the game, again, we're not letting each other down. On the Live server I'm solo, and I do just fine. :p

SoggyShorts

Mmhmm. I can very much see the appeal in playing casually in a group or playing solo. I think it comes down to how much of your spare time you want to dedicate to games, and how much of that time you want Elvenar to take up. As far as Estats goes, I figure better to have and not need than need and not have.;)

salandrine

Maybe the reason of discussion about common information only is , that the information can be seen and collected within the game. But to do so, is a lot of work and takes a lot of time. Within elvenstats it is very easy, because all informations are already collected.

Another question, if I try to load my game with elvenstats to elvenarchitect, I have to update it. But update function is crashed. My live game has no problem with updating, so this works. But with Beta server it doesnt work. Is this normal?

Karvest

After each beta server restart elvenstats owner relog his crawler manually (not sure, why he have problems with auto relogging on beta, my implementation works ok both for live and beta). So it works good for beta only on sundays...

salandrine

is this just a joke or is it real? tomorrow it will be sunday
After each beta server restart elvenstats owner relog his crawler manually (not sure, why he have problems with auto relogging on beta, my implementation works ok both for live and beta). So it works good for beta only on sundays...

Heymrdiedier

maybe because of the daily updates, het gets logged out again every time on beta?

Karvest

Yes, that's not a joke (usually he relogs it before tourney end to fetch accurate tourney results, so it works ok from that moment until monday's server restart) and that's definitely due to daily updates, but I wonder why he have problems with autorelogging only on beta since I see no difference in login sequence.

edeba

There is something wrong with the calculations for t2 once you upgrade from level 23 to 24.

Karvest

It use wrong base to calc 3h production amount (probably use 9h sentient production amount instead of 48h production, so 3h part of production cycle show x2.5 times less than it should). I've already reported this issue, but for some reason it still not fixed.

edeba

That makes sense, as the production seems to be disappearing as I've upgraded. So the one and two day productions no longer make any.

It use wrong base to calc 3h production amount (probably use 9h sentient production amount instead of 48h production, so 3h part of production cycle show x2.5 times less than it should). I've already reported this issue, but for some reason it still not fixed.

Heymrdiedier

There is something wrong with the calculations for t2 once you upgrade from level 23 to 24.
isnt it because you need to set your production (hours) of each factory, so like i can set it as 1 day production for my lvl 1 marbles, but for my lvl 27 marbles i set it to 3 hours. As soon as i upgrade my lvl 1 marbles to 2, i will need to set my production again for lvl 2's since i havent set that before.

Just click on the good in architect and set the productions for each level, that should fix it, no?

MalpA

How often this page is updating? I wanted to use elvenarchitect, but my city is like back to the past for 2 months ...

SoggyShorts

@MalpA check the faq ffor exact info, but
If you are not in the top 1000 and dont use the site, I don't think it updates you automatically.
You can force an update by clicking the recycle looking button

MalpA

hmm top 1000 of my server or in all servers?
Im activ player on elvenar,. im visiting elvenstats often, but still my city at elvenarchitect is not updated for 2 months.