• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Other New uses for KPs

DeletedUser

I wanted to open a dialogue and discuss changing how we currently use kps since I brought this up in the new spire thread and probably a topic that could be discussed in length. Some of the motivations are based on things I’ve encountered in the game. None of these are set in stone to try and pass through, but a starting point where we can brainstorm.

Suggestion #1
Allow us to convert kps into instants – such as research instants or aw instants. (1, 3, 5, 10, 15, and 20 kp research instants)

Suggestion #2
Use kps in the spire to finish encounters – kp spire badges created from kp and also by goods production.

Suggestion #3
Use kps to open gates in the spire – Spire gate instant

Suggestion #4
Ancient wonders are upgraded with Ancient wonder artifacts won in events and activities versus kps. Or a combination of artifacts/aw instants - this would reduce the amount of kps needed to upgrade wonders. Add in a Royal Amethyst Phoenix and this would reduce the amount kps as well.

#4 Buy runes with knowledge points.

#5 Buy relics with knowledge points.

#6 Buy Blue prints with knowledge points

#7 Buy Royal Restoration spells with knowledge points

Motivation:
1. At some point, ancient wonders won’t need to be upgraded
2. Waiting for someone to get to the same point you are in the game and not waste kps
3. Could be helpful for people who can’t login several times a day and instead make a quick instant
4. At some point, research won’t be needed
5. Being tech locked
6. Save up research instants for events – instead of learning techs immediately we use research instants so we don’t get stuck…
7. New things we can make for event quests versus quests like upgrading a building to 14 when you’re in chapter 2

Cons:
1 - by Lovec Krys - we need more ways to gain kps not spend them.
2 - by Richord - no because kps are too valuable and saving research instants for events is odd

Good? Bad? If bad, then please give a reason why and I’ll add it to a con section above.
New peoples, don’t be shy. Have a suggestion, let me add it to the list. Have a comment, dive in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lovec Krys

Point 1: You need far more KPs to upgrade your wonders than for the research tree. So we need more KPs sources not more ways to spend them.
Just an example: One of the cheapest wonders is Golden Abyss. To upgrade it from lv 1 to lv 30, you need 12 580 KPs. And that's only one wonder. Now check how many wonders you find usefull and multiply that number (it will be more, since this is one of the cheapest wonders).
Still think that you need more ways to spend KPs instead of getting more KPs?

DeletedUser2576

Point 1: You need far more KPs to upgrade your wonders than for the research tree. So we need more KPs sources not more ways to spend them.
Just an example: One of the cheapest wonders is Golden Abyss. To upgrade it from lv 1 to lv 30, you need 12 580 KPs. And that's only one wonder. Now check how many wonders you find usefull and multiply that number (it will be more, since this is one of the cheapest wonders).
Still think that you need more ways to spend KPs instead of getting more KPs?
You need around 24k KP to complete the research tree.

Lovec Krys

@Syonis And you have currently 26 wonders, for the 2 cheapest wonders, you need the same amount of KPs to get them to lv 30. So still, you need far more KPs for wonders than for research. Even without military wonders that number will be between 60k and 100k of KPs.

Richord

#1; no. you can spend those kp's on anything already. converting them to save them is , let's say, odd.
#2; certainly NO. the value of kp's is way more worth than anything else. 1kp=at least 1rankpoint!
#3 see #2
#4 this is a new topic.
but against some motivation points; again; kp's are way too valuable for anything else and having instants that don't go into research help to keep the game balanced although crazy big players can save up hundreds of kp's in their bar and finish a chapter in a few days.

So; if you really need to make it easier; spend more time instead of the abov:esmile:

DeletedUser

I'm not quite sure @Richord if I completely understand where you're coming from. I'm asking to reduce kps spent on wonders and using those kps for something else. Maybe I'm not getting that message across. Instead of asking for more ways to get kps, reduce the need for them in wonders and allocate them to something else. Something new. There will be a point where kps won't be needed for those two things.

Saving kps in your bar, kinda wastes natural gained kps. If they save them for 2 weeks, that's 336 kps they've lost.

Last edited by a moderator:

Golden Awaken

Greetings Everyone ;)
I'm asking to reduce kps spent on wonders and using those kps for something else.

Now it's me that probably don't understand what you're asking for... KPs spent on AW give you a chance to really improve something you choose according to your gameplay. By doing so, you'll be able to reduce the number of Workshops, Armories, et so on (that means gain of space)... Why in the world would you like to change this. May be you should clarify something on that one...
Kind Regards, GA

Marindor

As you can already see from the replies in this thread, there are too many downsides to this idea. We will archive this thread now :)