• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Answered New to Beta and come to the stage of my production city?

DeletedUser2837

I'm new to the beta and I like participate in testing the new features. But as usual I started with a new city. Is there a way to get the stage of a later chapter to be able to really test new guest races or the new spire of eternity when it is available?

Loki Blue

I'm new to the beta

Hi! Welcome aboard. :)

I started with a new city.

Everyone does. The point of the game as a whole is developing a city. When a new player starts, they may encounter issues that other, already established players do not, or will not. There are many reasons for that, and being in a position to bring those issues to the attention of the developers so that they can be fixed is why there is a Beta. You have to begin at the beginning.

Is there a way to get the stage of a later chapter to be able to really test new guest races

As @PrimroseSylvia pointed out, the only way to get there is completing all the chapters.

or the new spire of eternity when it is available?

You'll get to test it when we all do. :)

Deleted User - 86059

welcome to Beta @Sorontur we are happy to have you on board.
As explained we all have to go through the pain of establishing ourselves as there is no quick fix (even for us).
But you will quickly get through the early stages and become fully established and be a full participant in all areas of Beta including giving feedback for the early stages of the game ;)

DeletedUser2837

Thanks for the answers.
I know from other games that the beta is more a playground and not tageted to play the whole game there. That's why I asked. Since it costs a high amount of time to go through the game it is hard for testing new stuff if it cannot be reached.
Maybe it is worth a thought to make a new beta world which is reseted after testing phases of particular features. And you maybe can enter in a predefined stage (maybe you can choose of some different aspects).

Loki Blue

Thanks for the answers.
I know from other games that the beta is more a playground and not tageted to play the whole game there. That's why I asked. Since it costs a high amount of time to go through the game it is hard for testing new stuff if it cannot be reached.
Maybe it is worth a thought to make a new beta world which is reseted after testing phases of particular features. And you maybe can enter in a predefined stage (maybe you can choose of some different aspects).

That may indeed work for some other games, but for Elvenar and games like it, that approach doesn't work. The very nature of this game requires it to be started at the beginning. Every single thing in this game is tested here; there are currently 14 Chapters in this game, and everything is tested. Elvenar is celebrating its 4th birthday today, as a matter of fact, and there are players who have been here from the very beginning. They are testing the "new stuff" because they are at that point in the Research tree. When "new stuff" is introduced, everyone here is testing it, unless, of course, it is a new chapter, and when that happens, the high-end players are the testers. That's how it works here, and it would make no sense at all for someone who just started to be able to do that. For one thing, it would not be fair to those players who have worked very hard to get to where they are, and for another, a brand new player would have no idea what they were doing in an end-chapter, so they wouldn't be helping much. You learn by experience.

When a new feature is introduced, it may take months for it to be thoroughly tested before it is ready to be released to the Live servers. If there are issues that can not be worked out, it doesn't get released. Even after a feature is released, issues may arise after an game update is done, so really, here in Beta we are basically testing everything, all the time. There is no such thing as a "predefined stage".

I know that's not what you want to hear, but there's no getting in at the top without starting at the bottom.

DeletedUser2837

Yes, you are right I still diagree. But sure I get your points and will build a beta city with the time capacity I have :)

DeletedUser

@Sorontur unlike a lot of games where you start with a decked-out character to test beta, in Elvenar you create your decked out city from the ground up. I kinda like it. Besides sentient goods even lower chapters can still test things. In other games, if you're a new player you can't do that. Enjoy your city, build it the best you can to really test beta.

DeletedUser2876

I'm also new to Beta and have a small city in first chapter. What do I need to have accomplished in order to see the Spire? It doesn't appear in my city yet.