• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion New Spire of Eternity rewards!

GerdyaanB

No we don't but to be that case would be very unlikely.
it's more likely that every building gets some weight, and then a random roll is rolled based on that weight, it's easy to code, and quick to execute.
Example: combat building has a weight of 4, and total weight of all the options is 63.
Then 1-4 is UUU, 5-8 LR, 9-14 Mage, 15-63 anything else.

your suggestion would make it overcomplicated and suggest than developers are considering combat buildings as a necessety to play and go all out to void detrimental effects to this particular subset.

so possible, yes, how big is the chance they coded that way? I would say less than 0.001%
It is my observation on live second world for NL that combat buildings seem to have disappeared in the MA.....more then 30-40 rounds without one and May tree appeared....more then once.
Gerdyaan

Last edited:

GerdyaanB

Craft it. It's taking up a slot where something useful could come up.
No matter how the formula is done if the may tree comes up that's a 0% chance of something else being there.
On beta i did craft May tree and stonehenge bases, but such a waste....in order to get military building which did show up again...

This will workout pretty bad on live worlds.....

Gerdyaanb

GerdyaanB

On beta i did craft May tree and stonehenge bases, but such a waste....in order to get military building which did show up again...

Gerdyaanb
Any suggestion where i should have posted this ? For me yet another sign that design or architecture isnot strong .....

Enevhar Aldarion

Gerdyaanb

This is not new. Ever since crafting was added to the game, there have been buildings available that you can only craft one of.

CrazyWizard

It is my observation on live second world for NL that combat buildings seem to have disappeared in the MA.....more then 30-40 rounds without one and May tree appeared....more then once.
Gerdyaan

Well that may tree might have a bigger weight for example to make sure people can get it "quickly" . it makes total sense that for example now for new players you create ample opportunities for a player to get a base. you do not want them to get screwed by the RNG.
So you weight them heavily so the appear often. so yeah if you want better opportunities you remove al the clutter from your list to improve your odds.

It's not a design flaw, it's by design and rightfully so. you can influence the odds by your choices you make.

Also it's RNG a sample of 40 is way to small to draw any conclusion. the chance of throwing 5x a 10 in 40 throws on a d20 is not that unlikely, it's also not unlikely to throw 0 times a 4,5 or 6.

Arthus

Which is completely stupid as hell because it punishes long-term players.

It's a lottery not strategy and your game team doesn't do a single thing to make game better.

Have fun in ElvenJackpot.

Looking for spire to come back to normal.

Arthus

In a couple of years, after all the other artifacts have had 6 weeks each in the Spire, maybe there will be something new.

At this rate of player exodus elvenar will be dead in 2022.
You need much less time now to reach top 2000 than in 2018 when i started, which shows the ammount of inactive accounts.
Recently i've lost another 3 neighbours who left in chapter 15 because of game being just boring and unfair.
One of them played whole 3 years.

PaNonymeB

In a couple of years, after all the other artifacts have had 6 weeks each in the Spire, maybe there will be something new.
Actually it will take much more than a couple of years because they keep introducing new evolvjng buildings. They are releasing ~7 evolving buildings per year (carnival, phoenix, one in late spring, one in summer, bear, halloween and christmas) and 8.67 buildings can cycle in the spire in a year (one every 6 weeks), meaning we "keep up" 1.67 artifacts per year. Given there are 12 artifacts to keep up (we have 13 different artifacts so far and the second one just entered the spire), at this rate there will be no more artifacts to put in the Spire in 2028.

little bee

Unfortunately, it takes two 6 week rotations to get the 9 artifacts to complete a new building. And that is assuming average luck and finishing the top of the spire every week. With mildly bad luck and finishing only the gate each week, it could easily take 10 rotations.
So there is no way that the rotations can keep up with the newly introduced artifacts.

This 6 week rotation might work for the phoenixes because there are 3 of them and the firephoenix is usefull even at low level. But it doesn't work for the stonehenge. I'm assuming most players don't have a second base and only want the building at level 7+.
Then only those players that already have a half-finished stonehenge and the gold-spire players with at least average luck will profit from the system. Everyone else will either get too many or too few artifacts. And in both cases they end up being useless.

PS: Why are we starting the Summer Solstice rotation before the spring equinoctium? It seems like the wrong season.