• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion New Spire of Eternity rewards!

Pauly7

Also... just on a personal note, so this isn't a complaint... I've spent the last 6 weeks trying to pick up a Moonstone Library to complete a set and I have failed, so I am personally really disappointed with this hitting right now. My city is too young to have a Phoenix, so there's that to look forward to, but I don't even know if I'll be able to build a Firebird up to anything meaningful if it will change again in 6 weeks.

Karvest

No, that's me forgot to look at old spire setup changes. Seems not giving PP spells to low chapters is their general intent, not related to new spire setup.

Aerendil

As a new player (also on live) I like the changes. I already asked my guildies where to get a fire phoenix;-)
Probably 6 weeks wont be enough to fully evolve a fresh phoenix, but its a start

Arthus

Ok so frog_grr is new macro apparently for portal profits.
So after 1 year of pleading portal profits are staying in the spire, wasting space and our nerves. Thank you!

Deleted User - 81190

Not digging this at all. While it is nice that players missing Phoenix artifacts will have another chance of getting it, there are many players that have their Phoenix fully evolved, with some artifacts to spare. For them, this change just strictly reduces useful prizes (unless you consider artifacts as disenchantment fodder). And why do they have to remove Moonstone completely I don't understand. It's been quite a while since the new chapter rolled in, and I certainly haven't upgraded my set to the new chapter - in particular, I haven't seen a single library and only 1 Endless Scroll. That was certainly useful for people who wanted to upgrade these without RRs.

Lyinaral

Well I have a large city in one world with a L 10 fire phoenix, but in another world & also Beta I have small cities & can use the artifacts to evolve them. I put mine out in those 2 cities even tho it only gives me 10 % advantage, it helps. I have the Library set in my Lg. city but not in my other two. They are nice, but love my Fire Phoenix, for me if I was too have to chose between Phoenix & Library I would take the Phoenix as it helps with fighting.

Pauly7

And why do they have to remove Moonstone completely I don't understand. It's been quite a while since the new chapter rolled in, and I certainly haven't upgraded my set to the new chapter - in particular, I haven't seen a single library and only 1 Endless Scroll. That was certainly useful for people who wanted to upgrade these without RRs.
Exactly. It would have been easy for them to just put something in place to say that no one can build more than one Moonstone Library in their city, but instead they've just removed it and haven't replaced it with anything.

Deleted User - 92139

This is great news for beginners! I think 6 weeks is not enough or chance is too small. In my another city I wait 2 month for Moonstone Library :( You give us artifacts but I may have a small chance of winning :( I hope the old awards will come back later because I not have much portal profits and Moonstone Library building set.

Alcaro

Was better to fix the Moonstone library, to give, for example, instead of forever and for everyone scrolls, your boosted T2, or T2+1, or T2-1. The market would regulate quickly and scrolls producers wouldn't be screwed up. The library is good, I rely on it to get CCs, since I'm followed by bad luck and rarely get some CC in Spire and also can't produce CCs around the clock, I have to produce also MMs.

Something else - from @MinMax Gamer
It's been quite a while since the new chapter rolled in, and I certainly haven't upgraded my set to the new chapter - in particular, I haven't seen a single library and only 1 Endless Scroll.

If the artifacts are as "easy" to get as the library, then the young players will have a problem to get 9 artifacts in 6 weeks.

Last edited:

Pauly7

It's suggested to me that the 6 weeks with the Phoenix artefacts is just a temporary artefact boost for those that need them, after which time the artefacts will be removed and replaced with the actual all new Spire set, which will be unveiled at that point. If that's true, and if they'd described it like that, then I wouldn't mind so much.

ZodiBeta

I'd also prefer a generic artifact to upgrade any evolving building. A specific artifact reward is meaningless to players who have fully evolved featured buildings... nothing substantial to play for during those weeks.

I believe there is need to rebalance spell fragments from the Library, I have almost 300k in my live world city (chap 15) and already have more than I can use in beta (chap 6). I am crafting in both cities almost 24/7. However, please don't take the building set away... the population, goods, and culture are valuable.

Portal profits may be unusable below chapter 6, but should be allowed as an incentive to make it to chapter 6 and beyond. Else, I see this as yet another way to slow player progression.

I don't see the need for 100% supply or coin instants; there will be some wasted amount if a player is not at zero... and after the first day, I've never been at zero.

For me, I'd be most inspired to play in the Spire for:
* Diamonds
* Catalysts
* Time instants
* Teleport spells
* Manufacturing enchantments
* Magic Residences/workshops
* Other buildings with a chapter related amount of population with or without goods productions.
* A generic evolving artifact I could use on the evolving building of my choice.

Else, how about a player's choice reward? We all don't need or value the same prize. So maybe a choice between 3 chests each with a different main prize?

respectfully submitted

Alcaro

@Marindor
Can they add the moonstone set to crafting like the chess set? So that you only see the recipes if you don't have a set?
This would be awesome for those of us who have spent months going to the top of the spire every week and have yet to win that one missing piece.
nope nope nope - this would mean to be limited to 1 set only. I like the Library and whenever i can (reading a break between chapters) I put up 2-3 of them. I am thrilled that in live server(s) I teleported the libraries instead selling them to make place for ships. I think somewhere in my subconscious I had a bad feeling of selling them. :D :D