• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion New Spire of Eternity rewards!

Enevhar Aldarion

The 6-week rotation of artifacts is just a theory,
Artifacts for three bears were for 5 weeks,
In contrast, the artifacts for the gingerbread hut as long as 11 weeks

Those were both exceptions that were explained by Marindor way back when they happened. The standard is 6 weeks per artifact.

ekarat

Thats like 10 items to craft. thats a lot! thats almost 2 million! spellfragment per year.
Thats equivalent to disenchanting 31937 squares of buildings in a level 5 academy or ~3000 decent sized buildings.

it's not only, it's massive!

just 1 library set is 191.625 spellfragments per year (more if you pick it up after 21hours instead of 24)
a small number daily is a large number over a longer time. this is why people complain with 1-2m spellfragments that they have to many. they only have a little bit spare each day but after months and years it becomes a huge number.

a high level spire player needs a supplement of about 2-3000 spellfrgments a week. something a library easily provides.

There is a huge difference between easy crafting and struggling to get spellfragments.
When you have enough spellfragments you can just click on any item you like to make. when you are struggling every 6 hours is making difficult choices.

I know and I have planned a double set (2 libraries 1 moonstone gate 2 mana plant, 2 gum trees and 4 endless scroll) in a future city.
But that doesn't make me like it.

Just because I own 13 libraries and hundreds of parts doesnt mean I should use them.

I believe the people struggling to get spell fragments aren't disenchanting things enough. That used to be the only way to get spell fragments.

Laurelin-Beta

I seem to be in a small minority (as I usually appear to be when it comes to Inno RNG...), but I've seen standard Bear Artifacts in my Live Crafting rotation more often than I could even afford to Craft them - at least once every two or three weeks, ever since the Bear Artifacts appeared in the Spire - although I haven't seen one during the past two weeks or so. Unless they've very recently been withdrawn, it would therefore seem that Bear Artifacts are still a possibility in the rotation, even if a remote one, if that's any comfort to those who have waited so long and not seen any?

In fact, I've seen enough Bear Artifacts in Crafting to have been able to evolve my Brown Bear to Level 10 (I missed the original Bear Event), even though I won only one Bear Artifact in the Spire. Since then I've seen more of them, but not Crafted them, because the eight which I spent on the Brown Bear cost me all of my Blueprints and far too many Diamonds and Fragments, so I'm still trying to recoup those losses even now.

Like several commentators here, I'm now hoping that the Bear Artifacts haven't disappeared completely from Crafting, since I still don't have a Polar Bear and I really do need one, being still a very long way away from the Timewarp.

On a somewhat related note, can anyone advise me whether the Moon Bear base is available in Crafting yet (on either Beta or Live)? In fact, is there any system when it comes to whether/when Evolving Building bases appear in Crafting - for example, are they always added when (or some time after) their respective Artifact appears in the Spire, or are some bases added at more random points, or just not added at all? I've won a total of six Moon Bear Artifacts in the Spire (on Live) - by FAR the most of any kind I've ever won - and although I'm very unlikely to build a Moon Bear, I'm wondering how the system works (if there is one) because I've yet to see a Moon Bear base in Crafting even once (again, on Live).

Thanks in advance - and apologies if this same question has already been answered elsewhere.

Heffernan

i don't have a clue how "the system" works but i've seen the moon bear base a lot.

somebody suggested earlier that one way of having options appear is to craft a base whenever you see it whether you need it or not. that way those crafted are out of circulation. if you can afford that strategy.

Enevhar Aldarion

Like several commentators here, I'm now hoping that the Bear Artifacts haven't disappeared completely from Crafting, since I still don't have a Polar Bear and I really do need one, being still a very long way away from the Timewarp.

On a somewhat related note, can anyone advise me whether the Moon Bear base is available in Crafting yet (on either Beta or Live)? In fact, is there any system when it comes to whether/when Evolving Building bases appear in Crafting - for example, are they always added when (or some time after) their respective Artifact appears in the Spire, or are some bases added at more random points, or just not added at all? I've won a total of six Moon Bear Artifacts in the Spire (on Live) - by FAR the most of any kind I've ever won - and although I'm very unlikely to build a Moon Bear, I'm wondering how the system works (if there is one) because I've yet to see a Moon Bear base in Crafting even once (again, on Live).

Yes, the original 2019 Bear artifact is still in crafting. I have seen one in Live and Beta in the past few days.

And yes, the Moon Bear base has been in crafting for the past 6 weeks on Beta and 5 weeks on Live. The base that matches the artifacts in the Spire is always added to crafting a few days before they start in the Spire. If you want more of the Moon Bear artifacts, those will go into the crafting rotation when the Witch Hut artifacts leave the Spire. There is always a 6-week window in between leaving the Spire and showing up in crafting.

Jackluyt

Yet again, one of my members asked whether a certain evolving building was available in the Spire - and if not, when can we expect it.
This is my reply:

All the evolving buildings appear in the Magic Academy from time to time, and their artifacts as prizes in the Spire; this seems to change every 6 weeks. I do post here when they change what is available; one just has to be patient and eventually the one you want will appear.
It is a really dysfunctional system and I hope they will find a way to fix it.
The best system, IMO, is to have all the buildings in a drop menu in the MA and you can buy the recipe for the one you want for a modest number of Diamonds - that would eliminate the waiting period that is very frustrating!
It would also be good if we could collect 'Artifact Fragments' in various events and as log-in bonus and for completed waypoints in the FA etc. etc - and when you had collected a lot of those, you could forge one artifact for any building you choose - rather than being swamped with unwanted artifacts in the Spire as they do at present. Being given an artifact that you will never use in the spire is not a real prize for most people - it is a 'booby prize'!
I do hope the designers will adopt a similar system to the one I propose; the present system is a mess and is a very poor way to give newcomers the buildings that they missed in previous years...

I do hope that someone will pass my suggestions to the design team.
:)

Laurelin-Beta

Thanks for the replies, and sorry for taking SO long to respond. This is never intentional on my part - I've never been good at rapid online replies!

I do have another question, if anyone cares to advise once again - and also once again, if this has already been answered elsewhere, my apologies, but I don't recall seeing it myself - and if it's answered within one of the above replies, I've obviously entirely failed to grasp the point.

So - can anyone kindly tell me whether - and/or for how long - any given Artifacts (not their corresponding bases) - are supposed to remain in the Crafting Rotation, either before or after they appear in the Spire? Will some or any types of Artifact remain available until further notice once added, for example, or do they even follow any fixed or mutually similar schedule? Many thanks again if anyone can help me out on this :)

PS : I very much agree with @Jackluyt on all points made above, and especially on the speed, utility, and all-round convenience of using drop-down menus for most elements in any game, whether or not other methods are also provided to access those same in-game commands. In Elvenar in particular, and to cite just one example (NB: in the brower client - I don't use mobile), I think it would be very useful if one could choose either to set/pick up all of one's building productions quickly and easily via a menu as well as by clicking directly on the buildings concerned - if not from the start of the game (ideally), then certainly at the point where one's City becomes so large that scrolling it around the screen becomes quite laborious, as well as leading to errors which would be much easier to avoid in a menu-based system.

As far as the mobile client goes, I've installed it and found it very space-unfriendly (especially on my older smartphone, which has little free drive space), as well as RAM-hungry, often laggy, very imprecise when trying to selectively collect Goods etc. (notably during Events), and prone to repeatedly disconnecting from the servers, amongst other disadvantages [in my view], which is why I uninstalled it a few days later and no longer use it.

Enevhar Aldarion

So - can anyone kindly tell me whether - and/or for how long - any given Artifacts (not their corresponding bases) - are supposed to remain in the Crafting Rotation, either before or after they appear in the Spire? Will some or any types of Artifact remain available until further notice once added, for example, or do they even follow any fixed or mutually similar schedule? Many thanks again if anyone can help me out on this :)

Once an artifact is added to the crafting options, it is permanent.....until Inno decides to change the system. So that means every artifact from the original Phoenix, up through the most recent one added, which was Moon Bear five weeks ago, can show up in the relic/artifact/pet food crafting slot. Assuming Inno stays on schedule, the Wise Golem artifact should be added to crafting on May 8th, since that is 6 weeks after it left the Spire.

That also means one more week for the Witch's Hut artifact in the Spire, which will be replaced at that time by the Watchful Winter Owl artifact.