• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion New Spire of Eternity rewards!

Avocado

less fragments in the spire, I noticed ... *sigh*. I found that portal profits are a good source of fragments, but even those are starting to run out...

Karvest

today's update:
no more phoenix artifacts in mystical chests (golem ones there)
sips of clarity only on last map again

CrazyWizard

today's update:
no more phoenix artifacts in mystical chests (golem ones there)
sips of clarity only on last map again
yay!

While I love sip of clarity. it's more important for every non library maniac to get spell fragments.
There is little point in being allowed to cycle recipes of you can't get the fragments to take advantage of it.

Uffauffa

it's more important for every non library maniac to get spell fragments.
There is little point in being allowed to cycle recipes of you can't get the fragments to take advantage of it.
People were asking for less fragments in spire… people were asking for less library and more artifacts… they got it, and the result is FA and ”normal” use of recipies in academy is asking for more and more use of fragments. Nice shot.
Soon people will ask for a “more large availability“ of fragments.
And the circle of life will be done. :p:D

Last edited:

CrazyWizard

People were asking for less fragments in spire… people were asking for less library and more artifacts… they got it, and the result is FA and ”normal” use of recipies in academy is asking for more and more use of fragments. Nice shot.
Soon people will ask for a “more large availability“ of fragments.
And the circle of life will be done. :p:D
The problem is that those asking for less fragments where not new players but those who had the advantage of the library madness.
New players really struggle with spellfragments. the do not have multiple library sets to get too many fragments.

Enevhar Aldarion

Even where I have no library I still have a lot too many fragments.

Yeah, you must not be crafting at all. My Beta city is in chapter 15, with one moonstone set, and I just crafted a replacement library about a week after selling my one from chapter 6. I always complete at least two floors in the Spire, but after making the new library, I was down to 400 spell fragments. And I never have more than maybe 15k at one time. If this were an FA right now, instead of an event, i would not be making any residue badges.

maxiqbert

Yeah, you must not be crafting at all. My Beta city is in chapter 15, with one moonstone set, and I just crafted a replacement library about a week after selling my one from chapter 6. I always complete at least two floors in the Spire, but after making the new library, I was down to 400 spell fragments. And I never have more than maybe 15k at one time. If this were an FA right now, instead of an event, i would not be making any residue badges.
I craft non-stop.
But I also do extensive spire, intensive spell making and my academy is level 5.
If you don't have a good academy, it's possible that fragmenting isn't efficient enough.

edit : to be clear, my position is the following ;
If you have a balance problem between catalysts and fragments, there is an easy way out if you're lacking fragments and no way out if you're lacking catalysts, since you can fragment catalysts at will.

Last edited:

maxiqbert

not true for a few patches already.
oups
then I may have a problem somewhere in 2 or 300 years

edit : to be less sarcastic, it just means you have to use your academy to do other spells and fragment those

Last edited:

CrazyWizard

I craft non-stop.
But I also do extensive spire, intensive spell making and my academy is level 5.
If you don't have a good academy, it's possible that fragmenting isn't efficient enough.

edit : to be clear, my position is the following ;
If you have a balance problem between catalysts and fragments, there is an easy way out if you're lacking fragments and no way out if you're lacking catalysts, since you can fragment catalysts at will.
I also go to the top of the spire every single week. but to keep myself crafting I am contantly disenchanting buildings from events.
I need to as I am short a few thousand spellfragments each week.
If i want to cycle recipes with sips or diamonds it gets even worse.

I already have considered starting on my 4500 20KP instant to break them into spellfragments as an easy way out of my spell fragment misery.
even with a level 5 academy and a full spire each week crafting 1 recipe per cycle you really need another source of spellfragments (read moonstone library)

maxiqbert

I also go to the top of the spire every single week. but to keep myself crafting I am contantly disenchanting buildings from events.
I need to as I am short a few thousand spellfragments each week.
If i want to cycle recipes with sips or diamonds it gets even worse.

I already have considered starting on my 4500 20KP instant to break them into spellfragments as an easy way out of my spell fragment misery.
even with a level 5 academy and a full spire each week crafting 1 recipe per cycle you really need another source of spellfragments (read moonstone library)
I usually use the useless artifacts as primary source of fragments when needed ;)

Lovec Krys

Maybe they could introduce evo building with switchable production between CCs & Fragments.

@CrazyWizard Don't you have a ton of libraries in your inventory? You can put them out between chapters to stock fragments.

Enevhar Aldarion

I think people really do overvalue the library set. One full set gives 525 fragments per day. That is all. Even having 10 full sets out means only 5250 per day.

CrazyWizard

I think people really do overvalue the library set. One full set gives 525 fragments per day. That is all. Even having 10 full sets out means only 5250 per day.
Thats like 10 items to craft. thats a lot! thats almost 2 million! spellfragment per year.
Thats equivalent to disenchanting 31937 squares of buildings in a level 5 academy or ~3000 decent sized buildings.

it's not only, it's massive!

just 1 library set is 191.625 spellfragments per year (more if you pick it up after 21hours instead of 24)
a small number daily is a large number over a longer time. this is why people complain with 1-2m spellfragments that they have to many. they only have a little bit spare each day but after months and years it becomes a huge number.

a high level spire player needs a supplement of about 2-3000 spellfrgments a week. something a library easily provides.

There is a huge difference between easy crafting and struggling to get spellfragments.
When you have enough spellfragments you can just click on any item you like to make. when you are struggling every 6 hours is making difficult choices.

Maybe they could introduce evo building with switchable production between CCs & Fragments.

@CrazyWizard Don't you have a ton of libraries in your inventory? You can put them out between chapters to stock fragments.
I know and I have planned a double set (2 libraries 1 moonstone gate 2 mana plant, 2 gum trees and 4 endless scroll) in a future city.
But that doesn't make me like it.

Just because I own 13 libraries and hundreds of parts doesnt mean I should use them.

Enevhar Aldarion

Thats like 10 items to craft. thats a lot! thats almost 2 million! spellfragment per year.
Thats equivalent to disenchanting 31937 squares of buildings in a level 5 academy or ~3000 decent sized buildings.

it's not only, it's massive!

And either of the two new CC recipes take 5000 each and the artifact recipes all take 10,000 each. And for the people who craft the 20% PP every time it shows up, that is another 2000 each, or maybe 3000, I don't remember for sure.

Just because you have 1 million PP and 100 million spell fragments and thousands of extra CC and artifacts, don't assume everyone else is the same as you.

Last edited by a moderator: