• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion New Spire of Eternity rewards!

CrazyWizard

Announcement is misleading as usual, should be like
- no more bear artifacts in spire, gingerbread artifacts instead.
- gingerbread base added to crafting recipes.
- mermaid artifact is also added to crafting recipes.

I really hope they do not keep all those aretefact activated and that they will enable and disable them where applicable
Right now iwth just 2 it doesn't really have an impact on petfood yet, but if they are going to activate a dozen of them it becomes something different.

Pauly7

Announcement is misleading as usual, should be like
- no more bear artifacts in spire, gingerbread artifacts instead.
- gingerbread base added to crafting recipes.
- mermaid artifact is also added to crafting recipes.
Thank you for that clarification. Much clearer!

Firstly, has it been 6 weeks of bear artefacts already? I've won 4 in one city, 3 in another city and 1 in a third.

Secondly, Gingerbread artefacts? Pooey!

SoggyShorts

Firstly, has it been 6 weeks of bear artefacts already? I've won 4 in one city, 3 in another city and 1 in a third.
No, I don't think so, Beta is just 1 week ahead of Live due to the random moonstone reward week we had here, and live has 2 more bears coming.
So I guess Beta only gets 5 weeks of bears @Marindor ?

Enevhar Aldarion

No, I don't think so, Beta is just 1 week ahead of Live due to the random moonstone reward week we had here, and live has 2 more bears coming.
So I guess Beta only gets 5 weeks of bears @Marindor ?

No, it has been six weeks. They did not post the announcement for the Bear artifacts until after the first week of them had started.

And there are two more weeks left on Live.

Enevhar Aldarion

Bear artifact version of spire appeared in game files at the same day as it was announced, it couldn't have been started earlier than 23.05. So there were only 5 weeks of bears on beta.

Looks like the bear artifacts were announced on May 18, two days after they should have started. But they screwed up and put the library set back in for a week instead. So yeah, their mistake cost all of us a week of bear artifacts in the Spire.

Pauly7

Looks like the bear artifacts were announced on May 18, two days after they should have started. But they screwed up and put the library set back in for a week instead. So yeah, their mistake cost all of us a week of bear artifacts in the Spire.
Which is crazy as it's one of only really two sets of artefacts that are actually useful for the masses. If I were cynical I'd say they did that on purpose.

Lelanya

Mg records show Bears running on Live weeks starting May 30 to July 4. Beta was 2 weeks ahead until someone set the Spire back to default and we got Moonstone Library pieces instead, for a week. So Beta is now running only 1 week ahead of Live. So by my records Beta should have Bears week starting June 27 as the 6th week. SMH.
EDIT: Unless they are clawing back the 2nd week, in which case we got another shot at the beautiful but highly defective ML set instead of Bear Artifacts. :oops::rolleyes:

Uffauffa

The announcement says 6 weeks from next week on, that's all the info I have on it.
So the announcement was made on May 18, Tuesday. Next week should mean from the following Sunday, May 23, then.
Counting the weeks, the last of six should be this week. For sure, they ended at the fifth. Someone lost the schedule… :D

edeba

So the announcement was made on May 18, Tuesday. Next week should mean from the following Sunday, May 23, then.
Counting the weeks, the last of six should be this week. For sure, they ended at the fifth. Someone lost the schedule… :D
I won a library somewhere in there, and I think it was supposed to be on bear artifacts but they missed getting it turned on and just counted it anyways.

Uffauffa

I won a library somewhere in there, and I think it was supposed to be on bear artifacts but they missed getting it turned on and just counted it anyways.
Same for me.
We have a saying in Rome, “(sometimes) bad-thinking once is well-thinking twice”.

Enevhar Aldarion

Did anyone else notice that we got 7 weeks of Gingerbread and not 6? I guess this past Sunday they forgot to make the switch to the next one, and instead of defaulting again to a week of Library set buildings, this time it was an extra week of artifacts.

Edit: or they did it on purpose and did not tell us, since next week is the next Bear event and those would go back into the Spire with that, so they had to do something with this week, which would throw off the 6-week cycle regardless.

Last edited:

Lelanya

Did anyone else notice that we got 7 weeks of Gingerbread and not 6? I guess this past Sunday they forgot to make the switch to the next one, and instead of defaulting again to a week of Library set buildings, this time it was an extra week of artifacts.

Edit: or they did it on purpose and did not tell us, since next week is the next Bear event and those would go back into the Spire with that, so they had to do something with this week, which would throw off the 6-week cycle regardless.
Yep I noticed. It should be Valentine Artifacts though.

Last edited:

Jackluyt

The Spire rewards are nice - but the system is flawed, IMO

I just made a comment on the US forum, and thought to repeat it here in the hope that someone in the design team gets to read it.
The current system of making artifact fragments available only in the Spire is badly flawed - a newcomer to the game will want to have an evolved old building like Fire Phoenix and Brown Bear, which come from an era where really powerful evolving buildings were offered which have never been matched in power for a dedicated fighter.
The designers acknowledge this and make those buildings available as Crafting Recipes - but once the newbie has this building - how is he / she to evolve it? Most of my players only got one or two Bear and Phoenix artifacts from doing Spire right to the top every week for six weeks; some players got more and a few did not get any, which makes this a lottery where the average newcomer will take several years to fully evolve these powerful buildings - which is clearly unfair and a sign of a flawed system.

My suggestion is two-fold:

1. Make all the evolving available in crafting and let us choose which we want. Allow us to choose from a drop-down box of all the crafting recipes and pay let's say 5 diamonds to buy any recipe that suits our needs - with a limit on how many times you can buy in a given time, and a limit on how many times you can buy any one recipe. This would be far superior to the current lottery system where you pay 50 Diamonds to get a new set of recipes - which might be just as junky as the set you are replacing. People would be very happy to spend small amounts of Diamonds on recipes and far more people would do so than at present - which would give the designers a very pleasant little income stream, thank you very much.

2. Give us Artifact Fragments, so we can collect these and eventually evolve any building we choose - see below, the answer I just posted in US Forum, in reply to the question 'which prizes would people really like in events'.

Artifact Fragments!!! So that people, particularly newcomers, can decide for themselves which building they want to evolve, instead of having a few random artifacts thrown at them in a lottery in the Spire.
I do understand that the developers are trying to preserve the rarity value of artifacts, so as not to offend the players who paid real money to evolve their buildings - but if we got lots of tiny artifact fragments in different game modules, like spire, tournaments, events, FA waypoints and even a daily log-in bonus, we could collect for several months and eventually make one Artifact that we REALLY wanted.
The designers could preserve rarity value by setting a realistic exchange rate for the fragments, that would make crafting an 'Universal Artifact' hard, but not impossible.

I do hope one of the designers listens to these suggestions!!
:)