• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

New Game Features New Spell idea for Broken Rune Shards

SoggyShorts

Summary
Turn Broken Rune Shards into KP instants using the Magic Academy.

Description
Just like making a power of provision spell using relics, you can use 10 Broken Rune Shards to make one of the new "KP instants" introduced in the v1.40 in your Magic Academy. (See quote from @Aider below)

Motivation
With the number of Broken Rune Shards gained from tournaments players are often reaching the cap of 10 BRS, forcing them to either place it in a wonder they don't want, or losing any additional BRS gained.
There have been many requests to extend the limit to more than 10, but there is no word on that being implemented.

Possible downsides
Nothing I can think of other than the obvious programming any improvement would require.

There is a new type of Instant which grants a set amount of Knowledge Points - these can be applied to your Ancient Wonders, or one of your friends Ancient Wonders!
  • These new instants should be accessible as a reward and via specific bundles.

Last edited:

Dhurrin

I like the idea, but I really would prefer to see the storage capacity enlarged (as was promised).

Also, one should be able to force the shards into a secure rune of any AW one has already built (or unlocked), no matter what stage they are in. Its idiotic to be unable to do so when the AW is not at a level where the runes are needed.

SoggyShorts

I like the idea, but I really would prefer to see the storage capacity enlarged (as was promised).
Indeed, but that fix is so simple, a coder could do it during a coffee break, so I'm just guessing that they decided not to do it for some reason.
Also, one should be able to force the shards into a secure rune of any AW one has already built (or unlocked), no matter what stage they are in. Its idiotic to be unable to do so when the AW is not at a level where the runes are needed.
Just like forging 10 BRS into a rainbow rune that can be used later at a later time in any wonder. There's no difference between doing that and increasing the storage capacity for BRS, just a little more work, so again my only guess is they don't want to do it.

I have no idea why they wouldn't want to do either of those other than maybe not wanting us to bank so many that we can unlock wonders that we want too easily. It's a dumb reason though since we all have 70+ runes for wonders we don't want and can get BRS by doing the build&nuke system anyways.

DeletedUser1767

I have no idea why they wouldn't want to do either of those other than maybe not wanting us to bank so many that we can unlock wonders that we want too easily. It's a dumb reason though since we all have 70+ runes for wonders we don't want and can get BRS by doing the build&nuke system anyways.
Yeah, not to mention that now we can get runes we haven't unlocked yet from tournament chest rewards. I used to spend the time between finishing the tech tree and the release of the next chapter trying to get the AWs from the last chapter; now I'm trying to see if I can level my ETC to level five and another rune circle before the next chapter comes. (Prognosis: good, even though it's not the only AW I'm trying to level.)

Dhurrin

My main problem with the whole rune issue is the random factor.

I'm at the end of the research tree, meaning I have all 20 AWs unlocked. When completing a province I get a random rune, so the chance of getting the one I want at that moment is 1:20, which is really, really bad. Considering the breaking when filling the ring, I've found I need about 20-25 runes to fill the ring, meaning I would have to clear at least about 400 provinces in order to be able to build or upgrade that particular AW.
That's completely ridiculous. I still haven't completed 400 provinces in the whole game up to this point.

And yes, one can get additional runes through tournaments. So lets say I get 8 runes/tournament, then I need to participate in 50 tournaments, or play just about a full year for that one AW. Combine it with the provinces (2/week, with 55 hour scouting time) and one might reduce it to about 40 weeks.

The only other way is to (heavily) invest in other players' AWs, but especially the ones from the later chapters aren't exactly up in large numbers. And those that are, are often owned by the handful of topplayers who heavily invest in diamonds and its really hard to compete with that.
And its easier for me, since there's no research to invest in, then for players who are still working their way through the chapters.

The building of AW's one doesn't want in order to sell it off and fill the ring again to gain shards isn't really a big help either. It works at first, but after doing it a couple of times one ends up with lost of AW's with 4-5 runes in the ring, or AW's with a full ring but no place to build them at that moment, not to mention that the ratio is terrible.

@SoggyShorts
Btw, if they decide at whatever point to not deliver what they promised earlier (the increased storage of shards) then the very least one could expect is
A - a notification of reneging on that promise and
B - a reason for doing so.
But as usual, communication with and respect for their customers is something Inno just doesnt have.

Edit:
Many ideas have been launched on this s ubject. I still think either an added feature to the MA (possibly only available for diamonds) to forge (at a cost of coins/supplies/relics/goods) either for instance 5 runes into a random other rune, or 10 runes into a certain-fit rune would be the best solution, right before introducing a runesmith building, which will be another building one has to place to gain this feature. And again, that could be just a diamond-building, or a building with a reaaaaaaaal long working time, while only upgradable for diamonds in order to reduce time and the number of runes one needs to forge new ones.

But no matter what is being decided, some kind of mechanism to help players get the runes they want/need is needed in this game.

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

@SoggyShorts
Btw, if they decide at whatever point to not deliver what they promised earlier (the increased storage of shards) then the very least one could expect is
A - a notification of reneging on that promise and
B - a reason for doing so.
But as usual, communication with and respect for their customers is something Inno just doesnt have
:eek: Takes deep breath
:oops: Holding his breath
:rolleyes: Come on inno
o_O Any time now...
:mad: aaaargh
:confused: Dies waiting for communication from inno.

palmira

On my live server whenever I want an AW I have not enough runes to build, I build one or more of the ones I don´t want, Tome of secrets, endless excavation, the towers, that for some reason I always have tons of runes, destroy it and the broken shards trying to fill in the ring I get are enough. I built the abbey as soon as I unlocked it this way (I had 3 runes); the same with the temple of toads.

Increasing the broken shards limit would be great, I have wasted dozens of broken shards already and I will again because I have 10 now and my temple of toads is still a few days from leveling to 6.