• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Other New Resources

DeletedUser1596

Instead of asking for something new, I'd like to ask for something not to come. I'm talking about another resource.

Whole game begins with only a coin, a hammer and a research point as main resources to fuel our progress. Each has different use and they are harvested in a different way. In my opinion, excellent choice of game mechanics.
Very soon another 9 resources followed (marble, steel...). All 9 are the same, they just look different. They are nothing but coins and hammers converted to different number with a small picture. Harvested the same way as hammers. Supporting the production with a relic-based bonus was a good move, until we hit the bonus-cap. The only good thing: plenty of nice buildings.
With the first guest race another two useless resources came into play. But because the guest race was a new interesting feature, those 2 resources were ok.. for a while.
Then we got Orcs as a resource used mostly to buy out provincies. This is where I thing the game went too far.
Then mana. Not a bad idea, decaying resource growing on cult. buildings, nice. But already too much.
And now... Halflings. Another 8 temp. resources and another permanent one. Really? For me, it's not interesting, fun or a challenge. It's just a mess.

So I'd like to ask: No more new resources.

SoggyShorts

I have to disagree, especially about temporary resources. If it wasn't for granite/copper/ambrosia/refined marble/ apples/ bread etc then you could just build as many boosted factories as possible. Where would new challenges come from each chapter?
I find the first 5 chapters to be the least interesting because all you do is build more of the exact same buildings. Guest race goods/buildings are the only change that makes getting to a new chapter interesting and different.

DeletedUser1901

I agree with Soggy. The settlement resources add new depth and a bit of lore/story. Armory Orcs being made in a building that already exists and has other uses, and Divine Seeds being made in a building that we basically would be screwed without make those resources less "messy" to me. If they got their own new building type that would be a mess. Mana is the same way, tacked onto existing building types. Since we need lots of mana, the change to require culture buildings to have a street connection for Mana seems justified.

DeletedUser1596

Well, that's a surprise to me. So far I haven't met anyone who would want more of those. I thought that 23 resources might be more than enough. I don't see any reason why you would want even more, but if 30 resources will make you enjoy the game more, I can handle that, no problem. I just welcome every new resource with a facepalm.

SoggyShorts

It's not like you are still making guest race goods after you finish the chapter.
So it's really just
  • coins
  • supplies
  • KP
  • population
  • culture
  • 9 goods
  • orcs after reaching ch8
  • mana after reaching ch9
  • seeds after reaching ch11
  • current guest race goods
I don't think they need to add a permanent new resource each chapter, but I'd be fine with something added every couple.

Marindor

Like it's mentioned here already: The new goods are there to keep the game challenging so we have no intention to stop implementing them with our guest races :) We'll archive this thread now.