• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

New Races

DeletedUser1596

Hi guys,
recently, we have been discussing a new race inside our FS a little and to be honest, people are losing interest in new races. There are no bad reactions, worse, there aren't any. Of course, we all like the new buildings and the game feels like it's moving forward, but I thing that the devs are investing a lot of effort into this new race concept, but the entertaining effect slowly fades - which is quite natural. So if I could choose, I'd choose some new feature over another race. - I mean, after the wizards, they look good :)

But maybe I just got a wrong impression. Please, share your thoughts on this.

DeletedUser1899

The developers took the easiest path, when it came to the guest races.. There is really no point what so ever in having more then one city... You can have a human city on one world and an elf city on another, but ultimately it doesn't really matter because you end up with two almost identical cites with nothing left of the start race..
I have noticed also the lack of enthusiasm each time a new guest race is introduced, comments within the fellowships I am in range from "Oh, what's my city going to turn into now" to "why sorcerers, that is not a race"

For the next chapter I would love to see two separate concepts, one for human and one for elves, to bring the cities back to their individual races again.. but that probably will not happen , since it means twice the work.... So if there has to be another guest race, I would love to see the undead..

I think I would rather have a new feature or sensible improvements upon an existing feature then another guest race... Improving on the city building aspect would be great..
A new feature that I think would be cool to expand the battle system a little further would be the ability to recruit heroes or generals, to be able to go into battle with your troops.. Should be able to take 1 hero or general plus your normal 5 squads into battle, and for each battle that hero or general survives he gets a small amount of xp to use on traits or abilities to enhance your troops.. You can even take it one step further and add the ability to craft or find weapons or armor to add to the hero or general to further customize them...

Anyways that's just one of my ideas for a new feature

Dhurrin

I agree, but I'm seeing another major problem looming ahead.
Each guestrace is making buildings larger (with the exception of the dwarven residences, but then dwarves are small)...well, I guess some fairies can larger than dwarves, and orcs can be larger than fairies...fine...woodelves...hmmm...ok, they pretend to use a lot of treants, fine...now sorcerers and dragons. Why? Is it because the dragons that the buildings need to get larger again? Or the sorcerers egos?
But what the heck is going to be larger than that?...is the next race to be politicians, because their egos are possibly even larger than that? Or are we at some point done with making everything larger and larger and larger? It's not something that can go on indefinitely. So how about some kind of balance in that?

@gath of baal : I definitely like that idea, of sending in a general as an additional kind of troop. Different kinds of generals could give different boosts to the troops...which should disappear when he is killed. And indeed could grow stronger (to a set max) if he survives. That would really give a new aspect to the battle too, since it would be important to have to protect that unit in some way.

lika1961

The thing that I would like to see improve is attention to the fine details of buildings. I love the look of the Orc chapter buildings and they have little touches that make them really interesting to me. Like the cow skull on the level 21 workshop and the mushroom farms.

Now we get to the Woodelves and everything basically looks similar with different colour trees. I find it difficult to distinguish workshops from houses and the colouring of the grafting sites is so similar that they are difficult to distinguish. The spinning pink scrolls factories are totally out of place and makes a good case for why there should be some kind of adjustment to all buildings in chapter research. Even if it is purely cosmetic. I don't like the way my city looks now and would love to be able to customise some of the buildings. I chose to be a human because too many cute flowery things are not attractive to me. And yet, here I sit with spinning pink scroll factories.

The one thing that everyone agrees on is that the graphic design of this game is fantastic, but lately it seems that there is less attention to detail. This needs to be addressed and since the tournament rewards hold little excitement for long time players, this might be the place to add some "skins" that could be used to make the buildings look more individual. I would certainly play for that.

DeletedUser1899

@Dhurrin

Yeah I was thinking something along the lines of maybe once a week "A traveler has arrived to your city offering you their service" click accept or reject... Then a screen pops up where you can name and assign them a portrait... You can only have 3 in total and only 1 of each type

1) Bard - adds +% to city culture bonus, because of his songs and stories
2) Hero #1 - adds +??? population, since people feel safe to live and move to your city because a great hero lives there
3)Hero #2 -- Reduces trader fee by -%, since he guards trade caravans making it safer to trade
4) Hero #3 --- gives training bonus to health and damage of all units, since he personally trains your troops
5) Hero #4 -- can be taken into combat along with your 5 squads, can also be equipped with weapon and armor to improve them
6) General --- can be taken into combat , and uses his leader ship skills to improve your troops

you can not take both hero #4 or a general at the same time into the same combat... If the hero or general survive they gain a number of experience points equal to the number enemy squads destroyed... The experience points can be used to further a generals abilities or a hero#4s weapons and armor
The general should have several different skills you can add points into, things like bonus movement space for squads, personal bodyguard etc.. use your imagination on the possibilities here