• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Implemented [New Game Features] Natural Wonders

DeletedUser

I think it would be really cool to have a natural culture building that you have to get to by expanding to it. For example in the human area there is the lake with the two statues holding swords. I think it might be really cool if there was something hidden or on the screen that you expand to that can help your city one you build it back up. Maybe like a ruins you can bring back to it's glory days. :)

DeletedUser58

The Elves have the same lake with the two statues, and then a little hill with a bride on the North as well. I believe the "city terrain" is the same for everyone. :)

On the one hand, I agree this would be an interesting addition. On the other hand, I feel it slightly defies the city design strategy --- players would no longer be expanding in what they feel is the best way, but they'll be expanding to reach those new areas. Maybe just access to the lake/statues after you reach a certain Town Hall level? That way players can continue expanding as they think is best.

DeletedUser580

I like this idea and there is an easy way to implement. Check the picture attached. There is a nice mountain ... maybe we can extend our territory to this mountain. And once we got the territory, we can spend KP on this mountain. We cannot build something on it, its just a mountain. :D

What can we get by increasing?
Remember the guild levels in FOE? Every level you get just a little bonus. 1% here, some there ... just small things but in the end its worth it. And of course, smaller steps at the beginning and longer in the end to the next level.

How should it change by graphic?

First a rough lonely mountain. Than less rough ... storm clouds are gone .... some stairs and ways on the mountain .... first small buildings ... a small statue on top .... a small city banner .... more buildings .... bigger statues and so on :D

DeletedUser1095

The game certainly needs something to create some variety & motivation to progress. +1

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Something new in an otherwise monotonous environment just like my co-player Mink said before me ...+1 from me too

DeletedUser867

On the one hand, I agree this would be an interesting addition. On the other hand, I feel it slightly defies the city design strategy --- players would no longer be expanding in what they feel is the best way, but they'll be expanding to reach those new areas.
We could easily define it as a "Regional Park" which would not necessarily need to be contiguous with your expansion slots. Nothing fancy, maybe some picnic tables and hiking trails.

I'd suggest that you could develop your own instance of the "Regional Park" by investing your UNboosted relics, thereby gaining a modest cultural boost. An interesting variant would be if you also had the benefit of the contributions that your eight nearest neighbors have made to their instance of a shared "Regional Park."

Last edited by a moderator:

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Setting this to implemented as it describes many of the features of what are now implemented as Ancient Wonders :)