• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

New Game Features New Game feature: Preferred “Help Order”

Brummbaer

New Game feature: Preferred “Help Order”

Make priority order of neighborly help selectable

1 or Green = first
2 or Yellow = second
3 or Red = Third
0 or “Empty” = No help please

Based on the new help system, it might be helpful to have the possibility to show the visitor what kind of help is preferred, instead of typing this in the city name.

1585673028444.png

DeletedUser2236

It might work but to me if i cant be bothered to look at the name to see what they want, i would probably feel the same about this.

DeletedUser3238

Not an issue for me, but it might be difficult for anyone who is colorblind, since it's hard for them to tell the difference between red and green.

Brummbaer

This was the reason for option two: 0 to 3, allready included.

But based on this two answer, I see that this is out of interest.

Dear Moderators: Please remove my idea to archiv or bin

Richord

most of us youse C/M/B or something like this in the cityname.
this works fine/very well.
----
4th option is pointless btw. It's not your choice to not receive a reward.
If you don't want help; quit the gam:egrin:

Brummbaer

STOP - Please delete my Idea.

I perform more than 50 times help per (online) day and this would be helpful (select by number or color) instead of reading the city title.
But these answers show that there is no interest.

:mad:

In addition: Players often uses abbreviations in their own language (HH-german, HDV-french, Hall, Mainhall, MH ...) CMB code is fine for a FS but not for the world map neighbors

Last edited:

DeletedUser2236

Tbh i think there should be a way of doing it in game like we can set a favourite aw now, without having to put it in the city name.
But i wanted to say that if this was to try and encourage people to give you the help you want then it might not work. Because if someone does not bother to check the city name now i don't see this making any affect on them.

DeletedUser2851

I like the idea. I particularly like the color one but I do get it could be a challenge for those who are color blind. I don't often check the city name because a lot of times there is no information or there is information that is not related to NH. So I find myself wasting alot of time checking. If there was a color code or something above the preferred method of help, I'd certainly use it.

Richord

using other abbreviations aren't according to indirect guidlines; English is the mandatory language for beta (apart from pm's i think) so abbreviation from another language is besides not handy, maybe even against guidelines.

btw; this idea has been opted many times before.

the best counter idea:

Have a menu where you can select your preferences so they are always in the right order.
this idea goes even so far that (while giving help) instead of a menu and having to click, the preferred help is given automatically.

DeletedUser2936

Unless I've completely missed it, you can't change your city name in the mobile app, so something like this would be very helpful. I very much like the idea in general, too. I know it's pathetic, but I generally can't be bothered to look up at the city name and try to decipher someone else's "code" to figure out what they want. It slows me down too much. Having something like this would make it easier for some of us to very quickly see preferences. Thank you, Brummbaer!

Richord

someone's code?
1 fs, 1 code. 1 rule. very easy to implement.
not clear/not stated? then participant is not putting in effort, so you don't have to either.

Marindor

We have already forwarded similar suggestions as feedback, so we'll archive this thread now.