• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Communication New Format for Q&A

Jackluyt

Proposal: Replace the 'Live' monthly Q&A sessions of Timon and Rike with a scripted session based on questions submitted in advance, on the FanPage and in the Forums.

Rationale: Did you ever watch this video I made?

It is an edited version of the March 3 Q&A; I removed all the extraneous material and silly questions to produce a much-shortened version, in which Timon gives good answers to many questions that have perplexed us all.
The unedited version, of course, is far too long and rambling for the average player to sit through...

upload_2017-5-14_17-54-17.png

upload_2017-5-14_17-55-6.png

I recommend this video to many of my players, when they complain that the design team is incompetent and directionless!
:)

In the last Q&A session I had one of my team online, posting a number of relevant questions, other than the above, for Timon to explain.
None of them got replies!
Instead we got heaps of unhelpful comments about Unicorns, and the usual - Storage and Rotation...

Contention: It would be better to scrap the Live Sessions and replace them with scripted sessions in which Timon, assisted by Rike, would answer a selection of the best of our questions, submitted by invitation a week in advance.
He would also perhaps even be able to knock up a few graphs or video clips to illustrate his answers!

I find that most players are more enthusiastic about the game, once they understand that the changes are part of a long-term restructuring that has been carefully researched...

What do you all think about that?

Jack

18446869_10209109379512250_2222677417259962001_n.jpg

Elvenar Platinum Leaf is a public Facebook group with 3500 members, with hundreds of items of Elvenar facts, as well as a growing collection of videos.
You and your fellowship are welcome to join!

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Yes please, this would be a massive improvement. Q&A with the devs should contain questions that only they can answer and haven't been answered before.

A good place to start would be in the "approved" ideas and suggestions section of Beta where players have already voted and the subject has been "forwarded to the developers"

• Fixing player movement so that dead cities that are "protected" are moved out of the middle to make room for active players.
  • A system where the rewards from a finished AW don't fill your KP bar costing you your overnight KP LINK
  • Improving the notifications (separate tabs for trades, buffs, and other) LINK
  • Tournament rankings for Fellowships LINK
  • Showing ring distance from city LINK
  • Give us a way to use our broken rune shards when our wonders are already built LINK

Last edited:

DeletedUser1767

This is such a great idea.

It would also be cool if there were an easily accessible FAQ page -- like maybe a link to it in the same place that links to the WIki and Forum?

Jackluyt

It would also be cool if there were an easily accessible FAQ page -- like maybe a link to it in the same place that links to the WIki and Forum?

I heard somewhere that Timon does not want to answer a lot of the FAQ's because that would take the fun out of the game!
I think it was from support that I heard that...
The specific context was the small group of people who are finished with Ring 10, but have not yet built Orc Armories - who struggled with the 'win one encounter' quest in the Events.
The standard answer was that people were warned about scouting too far out...

"WHERE were they warned?" asks Jack.
"I most certainly never saw a warning!"
:)

That is where a good FAQ page would be handy-dandy!

DeletedUser118

An FAQ is always very helpful. We over at The West had one inside our Wiki and even if you cannot answer all questions that way, the most often asked ones could easily be answered like that.

SoggyShorts

You can either have an F.A.Q. that answers some simple questions, or pin a topic like Storage and Building rotation, or you can get this:

lika1961

Very good idea. I will never bother to watch the live Q&A session again as it is tedious, inane and really boring. I hope your idea works - it would be a huge improvement and we might actually get some questions answered.

DeletedUser118

I wouldn't really call it boring but a little bit too chaotic for my taste. In my opinion they shouldn't just answer all kinds of questions but rather make special sessions for special parts of the game. For example a session for tournaments, one for trading, one for building and so on, where they not only talk about the current game, but also introduce what might be new, what they are working on and then answer questions asked to the topic.

Also I would gladly like to see them answering questions given to them through the forum. I for myself don't have Facebook and don't want it, so how can I ask them anything at all? It could only work if I asked somebody else to do it, but all those with FB I know don't play Elvenar so... That's why I, and probably many others who are like me, would like to ask my question in here, so you guys (Mods, CM) can forward it to Timon and his co, whoever it is.

SoggyShorts

I would also appreciate a little more transparency. When a topic like showing us the culture value of a building during visits comes up, the answer "we're working on something even better" is not in any way satisfying. The playerbase isn't just customers, we can also be an excellent resource. Give us just a little more information, and you could have thousands of minds working on an idea.