• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Implemented [New Feature] Something to do with Knowledge Points

ThaMartin

It happens a lot that because of the (maybe too?) high prices in marble/wood/iron to complete researches, we are stuck with the Knowledge Points and have no other use for them. I think it would be a good idea to have something like the Great Buildings in FOE, where you can donate them in cities of your neighbours (or friends/clan members in the future).

DeletedUser58

Something like Great Buildings or special buildings which use up knowledge points would definitely be a great addition. But just like in FoE, I feel something like that may be left for latter on.

In the meantime maybe they can allow us to half the "trader's fee" when trading with undiscovered players by paying a few knowledge points? It could encourage additional trading and would let us use excess knowledge points in the meantime (till something like GBs is introduced).

DeletedUser

I like that ThePhantom. I'm a marble trader and there's one player who really wants it and offers steel in return. But since i haven't discovered this player yet, it is still too expensive for me.

DeletedUser

I think FoE players must part ways with their (our) view of goods buildings. Here in Elvenar we need A LOT MORE goods per day, number-wise. I would say you need to produce at least 200 goods per day, as a very minimum; providing that you acquire provinces by force, that is.

DeletedUser58

I produce 200-300 every 3 hours (so I produce 1k-2k per day) and still don't find it enough, and yes, I solve encounters by force. The issue is both the researches and the building upgrading costs A LOT of goods. And while I can produce enough of my boosted goods (Steel), my trades for the other goods sit for days even though I've posted them as 300:180 (offering 300 Steel, demanding 180 Planks or Marble).

So something to do with knowledge points is a must. I doubt most players can keep up with the goods demands to progress with research while still upgrading buildings.

DeletedUser

I see. I am very lucky with my neighboors then, because all of my offers get taken almost instantly.

DeletedUser126

I see. I am very lucky with my neighboors then, because all of my offers get taken almost instantly.

Thats because you are next to nr1 and n2 players lol :p We are hyperactive like hamsters in heat ;)

I will probably connect to you in next 2 days, exploring that far is really expensive and areas are really hard to finish.

DeletedUser252

I don't care what to do with them, but I hate it that, like today, my KP bar is full (because I don't have all the required goods to move on) and when I fight in a province, it all goes to wast :mad:

DeletedUser

I actually am always in need of Knowledge Points, guys. Never had the 'overflowing'. Just my experience at... mid-level?

Khebeln, I can see your offers now! But we both produce steel :(

DeletedUser443

Yes I also have to ´much Knowlege points because the production of the goods needs soooo long time so I would be great to if you could trade with them...and I also think we don`t need "Great buildings"

DeletedUser326

Yes I also have to ´much Knowlege points because the production of the goods needs soooo long time
Just build a few more manufactories. 3 Are not that much. For me i drown in Planks and can't trade them for what i Need. The wholesaler is happy to get 2500 Planks every 2 days for his marble atm.

I think if there would be a longer range for trading and not just 3-5 hexes across your discovered border there wouldn't be any KP waste. But for now i didn't wasted any KP except i was offline for more tha 10 hours ;)

DeletedUser

I will be honest. I never really played FoE so I am not constantly comparing. But I find getting supplies more tedious than goods. My supply cache is constantly empty, I have to choose between upgrading my residences or getting new techs. I can't get any soldiers and I can't get any new buildings because I have no space.
So I think Thamartins idea is good, but make sure you can trade KP for supplies.

DeletedUser

Just build a few more manufactories. 3 Are not that much. For me i drown in Planks and can't trade them for what i Need. The wholesaler is happy to get 2500 Planks every 2 days for his marble atm.

I think if there would be a longer range for trading and not just 3-5 hexes across your discovered border there wouldn't be any KP waste. But for now i didn't wasted any KP except i was offline for more tha 10 hours ;)
well.. i am not as big as you are, so i talk for the little people here. 2500 goods per day.. holy!! ;-O

DeletedUser

Knowledge points difficulty! I always have way too many because of how long it takes to produce the goods to unlock the tech tree! I´m really wasting them but have nothing else to do with them!!! Maybe some kind of trade with the Wholesaler as has been suggested, would be a great idea! Failing that, GB´s like FoE!!

DeletedUser778

When does it start happening that you can't spend all your knowledge points?
I'm at the second advanced scout research right now and until now i was always in the need of knowledge points, but you guys start to worry me for the future... more manufactories?

DeletedUser58

Unless you get stuck on the tech tree somewhere, you can spend all your KP till you complete the whole tech tree. Once you're finished there, not much you can do but sit and wait I guess. :)

DeletedUser136

... since players have started hitting the end of the research/tech tree, I really hope they do come up with something to do with them sometime soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

... since players have started hitting the end of the research/tech tree, I really hope they do come up with something to do with them sometime soon.

I even thought, when I started playing 7 days after opening closed beta, that there was too less content. I was hoping, new content would be added just in time, when first players reach the end of existing content (maybe ignoring players advancing too fast because of diamond use or exploiting quest), but nothing happened yet :(.

For myself I can say, that most probably I will quit, if there will be nothing to do with research or story quests or even some new features.