• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

New Game Features [New Feature] Rune fusion - Spell for transforming Rune Shrad

Are you in favor of this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser

Summary
Add a spell to transform a rune shard into a rune shard from a different AW.

Description
1 rune (doesn't matter which one)
+ 2+ (non-)boosted relics
[The later the AW is in Tech tree More relics required; +1 relic per chapter; Relic tier is the same as AW rune shrad you are looking for]
+ goods: Tier 3 (350 x "AW chapter")
+ Rune Fusion (spell) [2000 Mana] Time creation: 48h for Magic Academy Level 1

Rune Fusion Spell research is added into Woodelves Chapter same column as Barracks upgrade.
Research resources: same amount of KP & goods that were required for Tournament research.
So who ever already researched Tournaments would have Rune Fusion (spell) already researched.

GUI would be placed under tab "rune shrad fusion" in Ancient wonders.

GUI would include:
Select AW rune shrad you would like to fuse:
Rune Shrad For "[name and picture]"
Resources required:

relics : "Amount" "Relic type [non-boosted]"; | "Amount" "Relic type [non-boosted]"
T3 goods : "Amount" "Good type" | "Amount" "Good type" | "Amount" "Good type" |
spell : Rune Fusion Spell [available/not available]
1. [Proceed] (grey until you meet requirements) :
2. Are you sure you would like to fuse Rune Shrad For "[name and picture]"? [Yes/no]

Motivation
Getting the right Rune Shards gets harder and harder. This spell could enhance both the use of the AW feature and the use of the Spells feature. It would also give extra use to non-boosted relics, if applied in the way proposed.

Possible downsides
Might possibly make it too easy to obtain exactly the Rune Shards the players is looking for and therefore have an impact on the game balance (less Runes would be needed in total, leading to less activity). This might be tackled with adding a countdown timer to the spell, making it uable only once per X hours.

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

Just to be clear, what does "fusing" a rune do? Does it change a rune from one wonder type to another, or make it shatterproof, or?

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I'm a bit confused to. :confused: Fusion usually implies combining things, for examples combining multiple rune shards into a complete rune, something that is already in the game. While transformation implies changing the appearance or function, like changing a complete rune into one for another AW.

DeletedUser

Just to be clear, what does "fusing" a rune do? Does it change a rune from one wonder type to another, or make it shatterproof, or?
Just change it to for another AW. Because i don't think developers would want to make it shatterproof since enar's embassy release.

"fusion" because you combine X rune shrad + spell + goods.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

..."fusion" because you combine X rune shrad shard + spell + goods.
I wouldn't use the term fusion in this aspect since everything in the game combines goods and/or supplies to produce something.

Like I said, combining multiple rune shards (those are the ones you get when a rune breaks) into a new complete rune for any AW is already in the game, so that's not needed.

However transforming one complete rune (not shards) into one for any other AW I would like to see, even if this would cost some extra goods and/or supplies or a spell (not both since the spell also will cost goods).

SoggyShorts

I think in order to not trivialize the difficulty of getting the "right" runes that you want the spell should either
  • cost boosted relics to create
  • turn a rune into another random rune
  • turn multiple runes into one rune of choice (obviously better than 10:1 since we can do that already) The easiest way to do this would be to use the spell to shatter a rune, but you get 2 or 3 broken shards instead of 1
or some combination of those.

Buttrflwr

I like this, since I have SOOOOO many useless runes that I won't use on AW that I won't build. I do NOT like the idea of using my boosted relics though (looks @SoggyShorts ) :p :D

DeletedUser1596

obviously better than 10:1 since we can do that already

As Soggy wrote, there already is a fusion spell. You can keep trying to complete a rune circle of an AW that you don't need, while creating shards for AW that you want. Have you tried it?

2 days ago I completed Shrine of Shrooms wonder this way. It cost me over 50 other runes but since there is no other use for them, it was a good trade. I still have over 400 runes and most of the circles full, that's why I find this ratio (10:1) reasonable.
Runy.jpg

I don't say I will not support your idea, but wouldn't it be better to find another use for those runes? Like completely new feature?

DeletedUser

As Soggy wrote, there already is a fusion spell. You can keep trying to complete a rune circle of an AW that you don't need, while creating shards for AW that you want. Have you tried it?

2 days ago I completed Shrine of Shrooms wonder this way. It cost me over 50 other runes but since there is no other use for them, it was a good trade. I still have over 400 runes and most of the circles full, that's why I find this ratio (10:1) reasonable.
View attachment 1897

I don't say I will not support your idea, but wouldn't it be better to find another use for those runes? Like completely new feature?
Is not just 10:1. Once you complete Other AW rune, you do not have any chance to break shard.
And if you build/sell other AW just to be able to get broken shards, you need expansions for that. Expansions doesn't grow on Trees.
This spell would eliminate that. You would still need a great amount of resources and time. But at least you could do something.
Believe me we won't be rewarded with 40kp once they strip tournaments from research, so we need to find some kind of supplement for tournament research. Or trader upgrade (possible to trade
"guest goods") which can be implemented in any chapter.

You want complete new feature for rune shards use? Could be used for "Fellowship Ancient Wonder/Portal/HQ" and then leveling up. But such feature wouldn't be fair to newer players. It would be better, if we use blueprints for "Fellowship Ancient Wonder/Portal/HQ". But this is for another topic.

SoggyShorts

And if you build/sell other AW just to be able to get broken shards, you need expansions for that.
Just one expansion, and just for a few hours. The idea is to fill the rune ring of a wonder you don't want, build it, destroy it, and fill the ring again. During that process you will get broken shards to use in other wonders.
It's lame, but like @Urvalsandal said, there's not much else to do with runes you don't want.

DeletedUser1767

You are making the game unnecessarily difficult for yourself. Instead of waiting for a new expansion, try selling some culture building. In most cases one should be enough.
Yeah, and as long as you don't sell an event building, you can always rebuild the culture again after you've torn the spurious Wonder down.

You can also time it so that you can use the vacant space left over from selling one guest race's buildings before you get started building the next guest race's. That's what I did on Arendyll after I finished Orcs. Had to build the Martial Monastery twice (I'd already built it once before, too), and the Tome of Secrets and Dwarven Bulwark each once, but I ended up only a few runes short on both my Watchtower Ruins and my Heroes Forge, from previously having almost empty circles, and I didn't need any extra expansions or to tear anything down.

DeletedUser1906

I would LOVE an area where you can change 1 rune to another, even if it was random. Or even a couple runes to create another, that one I would like a choice of which rune though.

Heymrdiedier

I vote yes if it transforms to a random rune shard.
I vote no if it transforms into a specific rune shard (wich would be hard to implement? a different spell for each wanted wonder?) Would make it way too easy, even if the spell takes a week to make.

So i didnt vote at all since i can decide what the core idea is, the transmuting or the getting the specific rune

Dhurrin

I'm not sure.
The 1 for 1 rune seems a rather unbalanced cheap way, even if the spell costs quite a bit. Personally I would much prefer to see a possibility to have the spell 'fuse' 5 or 6 runes of the players choice into 1 other of the players choice.