• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Implemented [New Feature] Races

DeletedUser

I know that the game recently started, but maybe when be in the half of game (i dont know, how say) anyway, in advanced upgradingsm, when we have enough "research" unlocked, we could choose a subclass, example the elves could have three subraces: Dark Elves, Elves Light, High Elves.
And each one could have different ability, buildings, warriors, etc.

So, the idea would be better but i don´t know a lot english, maybe together we can develop this idea and make it better.

DeletedUser

This is an early beta. Developers are 'Bundes-Germanen', so PLEASE DON'T CLAIM new features!

There is a game-upgrade nearly every hour (on weekends maybe: every 2 hours), implementing new features and doin' bug-fixes.

So please stop begging for more!

ThaMartin

I think it would be a nice feature that forces people to choose for a certain strategy. If implemented and used correctly, I think it could add to the overall game experience, so +1!

DeletedUser

I posted a thread which look like this one, without the tag cause it didnt exist when i did :

http://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/more-races-orcs-dwarves-or-undead.712/

So i agree !

This is an early beta. Developers are 'Bundes-Germanen', so PLEASE DON'T CLAIM new features!

There is a game-upgrade nearly every hour (on weekends maybe: every 2 hours), implementing new features and doin' bug-fixes.

So please stop begging for more!

If the staff members allow us to make GAME FEATURE suggestions, that's because they are listening to us. OFC this one will not be in place tomorrow, but our idea give them opportunities to make this game even better.
If u dont want to read this, just pass...

DeletedUser43

Thanks Migoual for referring to the other, similar thread (click)! :D I haven't closed this one as a duplicate, because the ideas are slightly different. If I understood you correctly, you'd like to be able to pick other, new races at the beginning of the game. 130nardo proposes subraces you're able to choose when you've made some process in the game.

This leads me to two questions for all readers:
1. Would you like to see completely new races (besides Humans and Elves) or would you like to see subraces of Humans and Elves?
2. Would you like to pick new (sub)races at the beginning of the game, or would you like to unlock this possibility later in the game?

ThaMartin

For me:

1. Both would be nice, but I do think that the option of "specializing" later on in the game, is easier in practice so if I'd have to choose, I'd go for that for now.

2. I think later in the game would be better, otherwise we'd all have to start all over again. When both of these ideas would be implemented, totally NEW races would be best in the beginning of the game and "specialized" races would be better later on. You could even make a whole story line around this with different options to choose.

DeletedUser31

In my opinion race changing is a question of implementation. And since this game is part of the fantasy genre, nearly everything is possible.

What I mean by this:
If the developers decide they make more playable races, then a new questline can appear. This short questline is only available once, you can either complete it or decline. When the quests are finished you can choose from the other races and your city gets that new look and everything changes.
BUT this has some issues. The Main Halls and Builder's Huts are not the same size (I don't know about other buildings but I'm pretty sure they are also different). This means the cities cannot be converted freely only if you make room for the new buildings.

I like the specialization idea better because it has such a good potential on features that had not been implemented yet (guilds, pvp etc.).
Maybe one specialization could benefit that they need less culture for the same bonus, or many-many more things.

TL;DR: I like the specialization idea. :D

DeletedUser58

I'd just like to second ThaMartin. :)

1. It seems subraces would work better in practice (both for the devs and the players --- it means the players get more diversity despite which race they pick at the beginning, instead of having a lot of diversity but being able to only select one race at the start).

2. I'd like to pick them latter on, I think making a choice at the beginning isn't that motivational, while if you know you get to pick a subrace at some point latter on it would motivate you to keep working toward that goal. And once you select a new subrace it gives you an enthusiasm boost, it's like you've just started the game fresh which should hopefully keep more players playing actively.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser108

I just read it and it's awesome! I do also like both ideas! But what I want to mention is, that there are already some players who are so far ahead that it seems like they will soon be finish. They are simply fast as. So I would recommend to concentrade on a specilation of races rather than adding more races (what I would like as well, but that's maybe too much for now).
What I like espacially is, that we could have more fantasy and magic for our humans. So we might see humans with great mages, giants or other new units. I also like the idea of Dark Elves and High Elves, tought that this would represent a great contrast between different elves...
I really like this and will think about it as I would like to participate in this development even when we have to wait for it for a year so. I don't mind :D
And I want to say a big THANK YOU, ELVENAR TEAM, for taking the community that serious!

DeletedUser503

I would vote for proposal number two, subraces. And add them later in the game
as a specialization that is earned . Fiction provides us with the names of sub races
for Elves, but I have no idea what a sub human would be called. o_O Perhaps the humans
would be classed according to abilities instead? Worker, Builder, City Planner. ? or
perhaps they could be more like Clans? Mountain Clans, Forest Clans, Plains Clans.
Just an idea or two.

DeletedUser420

to me it seems that it was intended from the start to have 3 races (based on the goods families):
humans: steel, scrolls, elixir (tech, science, medicine)
elves: planks, silk, magic dust (marvel of nature)
dwarfs: marble, crystal, gems (rock perfection)

I still haven't figured out how to apply this to practice (dwarf units could be only heavy melee, the rest of the army is currently present rogues, how to design buildings,...).
I'm hoping that when they come out with tier 3 units, we could get racially specific bonuses from relics...

DeletedUser126

I dont think you will get new race any time soon if at all, there are way to many other core things that need to be added or improved before they would even thing about it. Not to mention all the actual content. Its to much resources, artwork and planing involved in making new race to make it worth money wise in a game like this. Its simply not a viable financial option.

DeletedUser

@Khebeln i dont think that be difficult for the team of elvenar.

However, about the idea, chossening races maybe is possible whit Elves because High Elves and Dark Elves(Dwarf or Dökkálfar or Svartálfar maybe same) same species but with Human i think that is more convenint that would be by specialization (maybe a hibryd(also elves)). The hibryd, This can unlocked by quest with a history, i do not know for example: following the mitology a human Queen has a lover Elf and had a child (Elfman or Eluman) or to the reverse The female Efl was raped by a human and had a girl (Humelf or Humanelf), maybe this hibryds would be warriors.

Only for Elves, now unlocking races Light or Dark would unlocked by Quest, the history can start in a forrest a King have two children, one child bretayed to making a deal with Hela or Loki and this child was desterrated to Niðavellir (dark court for me maybe caves) or He found this new land whit the help of the Hel so this Elf declared the war to the Light Elf.

Ahhh...also put THE NORDIC GOD, Thor, Loki, Odin at least how DIVINE HELP (possible nugget for people premium ;) )

DeletedUser126

@Khebeln i dont think that be difficult for the team of elvenar.

However, about the idea, chossening races maybe is possible whit Elves because High Elves and Dark Elves(Dwarf or Dökkálfar or Svartálfar maybe same) same species but with Human i think that is more convenint that would be by specialization (maybe a hibryd(also elves)). The hibryd, This can unlocked by quest with a history, i do not know for example: following the mitology a human Queen has a lover Elf and had a child (Elfman or Eluman) or to the reverse The female Efl was raped by a human and had a girl (Humelf or Humanelf), maybe this hibryds would be warriors.

Only for Elves, now unlocking races Light or Dark would unlocked by Quest, the history can start in a forrest a King have two children, one child bretayed to making a deal with Hela or Loki and this child was desterrated to Niðavellir (dark court for me maybe caves) or He found this new land whit the help of the Hel so this Elf declared the war to the Light Elf.

Ahhh...also put THE NORDIC GOD, Thor, Loki, Odin at least how DIVINE HELP (possible nugget for people premium ;) )

Its not difficult, its about money. Its not cost efficient at this stage. You would have to create artwork, design, animations, quests, units etc for a whole new race thats like making additional 30% of the game from scratch. Its not some simple rpg where all you have to do is throw new character model. I can tell you with 95% certainty based on years of experience that this will not happen unless stated otherwise.

DeletedUser

I just read this and I think while having more races to choose from at the beginning of the game sounds cool it would be hard to implement. However the sub races to specialize later would be awesome