• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion New Feature - Fellowship Progression

SoggyShorts

@SoggyShorts The information you need will be revealed as these new features keep being added in.
Nope, the feature is already implemented.
So yes I can confirm that this information is of course known internally and that is where it must stay until all is ready.
That's insane. You let us buy the perk, and it says we can bank up to 50 spire points.
All we are asking is if it will let us bank 50 points or not.

What do you gain by waiting until Friday to tell us?

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Are you now saying that the only smart person in a FS is the AM?
Don't put words in my mouth. Fewer people with access = fewer chances for a misclick. If the AM misclicks no big deal, they can pay to reset.
As I already stated a simple confirmation window would be acceptable too.

Droopy

By accident it seems our Tournament was unlocked:

beta-perks-tournament-20211005.JPG

According to the pop-up above i would understand we have 2500 in our "Archive store", but when looking in the Tournament behind the [+] i see 0 / 2500.

beta-perks-tournament-20211005-2.JPG

From this screen i understand our "Archive store" is 0

Which one is correct and what is the correct place to see the actual "archive store"?

Maillie

It is a reward to have room to store excess tournament points. You don't have that ability until you unlock the reward.
Thank you. This is the first useful information that I've seen so far.

In my case, I'm a mage in my Beta city. I had a player on Monday pressure me to unlock the Spire reward because he had reached the Lab and the purple bar was not that far up. He was afraid that if I didn't put the excess points in he might not get paid his Lab rewards and he was not a happy camper that I wanted to wait for the Archmage. Another player insisted that if she was made a mage she would do it.

This is causing a little bit of strife, since no one knows what will happen if we open it too soon, or possibly too late. Should it be reset if it's opened prior to a Friday? Or is it like a bank, where you open it on a Sunday and it then accumulates everyone's excess until that Friday?

Could someone just say "Don't do anything until Friday. If you open anything, just reset it." This would be so helpful to the Mages/Archmages that might be taking heat from players, who are also guessing.

Thank you.

Enevhar Aldarion

Alright, so I was able to just test this in the tournament.

Screenshot (49).png

When I clicked the button to use 30 stored points and complete the current chest, it used the points immediately. No confirmation message. No pop up asking "are you sure?". Nothing. This needs to be changed or people are going to be wasting a lot of points by using them before the final day of the tournament or Spire.

yakmeister

I don't understand why the perks were even released yet if we are not going to be given information on how everything works until all the sections have been rolled out.

What was the point of even releasing it if you are not going to answer any questions on it.

All that is doing is causing even more frustration with the players

DeletedUser3773

I don't understand why the perks were even released yet if we are not going to be given information on how everything works until all the sections have been rolled out.

What was the point of even releasing it if you are not going to answer any questions on it.

All that is doing is causing even more frustration with the players

I agree totally. The Dev's must have an idea of what they expect and therefore should be able to give instructions to aid in Beta testing. I find conjecture and bickering amongst players to be counterproductive in a testing environment. I want to scream like a child ;) when I read players arguing about what 'might be' coming 'if' this or that happens. How can one have a logical discussion without facts?

Please consider fostering a co-operative environment to discuss the game mechanics by giving a more instructive roll out next update?
Even if it's not set in stone, it's preferable to the anxiety created from the chaos of not knowing.

SoggyShorts

So, Beta players don't understand how the perks works. I am new but learning.
We understand what information has been shared, but most details are being kept secret for no good reason whatsoever and we are left learning by trial and error which is idiotic.
Could someone just say "Don't do anything until Friday. If you open anything, just reset it." This would be so helpful to the Mages/Archmages that might be taking heat from players, who are also guessing.
TL;DR: Buy the Spire Perk now or wait until Friday, it doesn't matter at all.

If you have not yet used the reset ability you can safely buy the Spire perk, but it will not give you anything until Friday anyways.

When the Spire is over any excess points will be added to your spire archive when the spire closes on Friday.
Only after you've done that and banked some points can you use them in the next spire.

Last edited:

Droopy

And i still think unlocking perks should be limited to AM only.

or maybe have a button you can click so you can make a choice of AM only or AM and mages so that way FS have a choice in the matter
It should be to both AM and Mages IMO, but more confirmation messages would be needed.

Also log to the notifications who "unlocked" or spend points from the"Archive store".

Aeva

Don't put words in my mouth. Fewer people with access = fewer chances for a misclick. If the AM misclicks no big deal, they can pay to reset.
As I already stated a simple confirmation window would be acceptable too.
I did not put words in your mouth. I asked a question to clarify. And you did.