• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion New Feature - Fellowship Progression

Lovec Krys

@edeba like this:
1633233713204.png

SoggyShorts

Can you explain why you think it is/will be a rare thing to allocate Perks? Our fellowship earned the first 25K in less than a day and now have enough for the next level. So that's two levels in the first few days of the Perks plan. Even with more points, and therefore bigger spaces, between upgrades, it seems like allocating Perks would be more than "pretty rare"?
The max you get per day with perfect visits is 12,000. If you got 25K then you are counting either the spire or tournament which are weekly.

Perks go up in price but you have no ability to get more points once you hit 19 chest Gold
25K,75,125,175,225,275,etc The last perk you buy will cost over 1,000,000 points.

Even a "perfect" FS would only be able to buy a perk after the tournament ended each week after they have bought ~6 of them.
26,000,000 points for all 40 levels means the average level is 650,000 points which is almost a month of points in a good FS.

To me, that's "pretty rare"

SlyLady

The max you get per day with perfect visits is 12,000. If you got 25K then you are counting either the spire or tournament which are weekly.

Perks go up in price but you have no ability to get more points once you hit 19 chest Gold
25K,75,125,175,225,275,etc The last perk you buy will cost over 1,000,000 points.

Even a "perfect" FS would only be able to buy a perk after the tournament ended each week after they have bought ~6 of them.
26,000,000 points for all 40 levels means the average level is 650,000 points which is almost a month of points in a good FS.

Thank you for that explanation. I appreciate your taking the time to help me understand better. I agree with your logic re: *earning* perks.

But won't there be a more on-going management responsibility re: managing the banked points? Even if you don't level up frequently, Spire and/or Tourney points will be added weekly until the cap is reached (which will be fast for lower levels), so then they need to be spent to keep the Perk accumulating.

maxiqbert

Thank you for that explanation. I appreciate your taking the time to help me understand better. I agree with your logic re: *earning* perks.

But won't there be a more on-going management responsibility re: managing the banked points? Even if you don't level up frequently, Spire and/or Tourney points will be added weekly until the cap is reached (which will be fast for lower levels), so then they need to be spent to keep the Perk accumulating.
this is another issue, not linked to allocating perk points and it's still a weekly thing, so no big burden

SoggyShorts

Indeed, and as @maxiqbert points out, that is separate and I think it should be available for mages as well so that the AM doesn't need to be online at tourney/spire end in order to spend points if doing so will unlock a chest.

What this game could really use is a title overhaul. Custom titles, more of them, and with tick-box custom permissions.

SoggyShorts

How many XP is the spire worth? I somehow missed it.
4K per chest
16 chests (are there even 16? I've never counted)
=
64K For a gold spire FS
?

Earwen1

I have read the 'announcement' and 8+ pages of discussion, but still cannot figure it out:
What is the purpose of these Perks?
What can we gain from these?
Should we spread those points evenly over the 3 or 4 options? Or just upgrade one and leave the others?
How does that make a difference?

The Silent One

I didn't go to Elvenstats to look but SlyLady must be in one He*l of a FS! Guess I'm going to have to go see where she is!

salandrine

My arch mage announced she did not level any perks, but these perka are leveld already? How can that be?

I was told this leveling would bei done automatically?

tpasewing

i am still wrestling with how this all works
  • Why limit player movement to something like 18 hours a week in order to allow player to participate in spire band tourney in new fs? We have often seen a player make a mistake in moving and been timed out for 24 hours, locking them out for an entire week. Couldnt the spire start move back a day to allow more time to move without a penalty?
  • what is the purpose of reset? Why would you do so?
  • from what I read a gold spire fs would not get to carryover excess of gold points to subsequent spires even with the spire perk. So why are we penalizing them if a few Players cannot fulfill their gold commitment weekly, yet allowing silver fs’s the ability to more easily get gold. The 1330 requires at least 22 active players in a week. The spire excess above 1330 should be stored as part of the spire perk to allow for the unexpected.
  • A simple set of instructions on how this all works would help. Many ams are not in beta and lack the experience beta players have. When rolled out in real world it is going to prove challenging.
  • it seems we are once again trying to penalize our largest cities and fellowships.

Yogi Dave

Why limit player movement to something like 18 hours a week in order to allow player to participate in spire band tourney in new fs? We have often seen a player make a mistake in moving and been timed out for 24 hours, locking them out for an entire week. Couldnt the spire start move back a day to allow more time to move without a penalty?
Very good point.
it seems we are once again trying to penalize our largest cities and fellowships.
How does it penalize an FS that is already getting everything? Nothing is taken away from them. It just doesn't add to them. It helps FS's that aren't achieving as much, but since it's not FS versus FS, there is no penalty.
FS wide chest = crystal
Thanks for the clarification.

yakmeister

Does anyone have a good understanding of how the spire points ?

So if we have spire level 1 that is 50 points. Do they have to used by the end of spire that week or they expire? Or do they accumulate?

maxiqbert

Very good point.

How does it penalize an FS that is already getting everything? Nothing is taken away from them. It just doesn't add to them. It helps FS's that aren't achieving as much, but since it's not FS versus FS, there is no penalty.

Thanks for the clarification.
If our FS can't recruit for the spire when someone is missing, we may very well miss one or more gold thingies. That's quite a penalty.