• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion New Feature - Fellowship Progression

The Silent One

IMHO, the more I read the more I feel that the FS Perks is going to be more of a PIA than anything!

I could be wrong later down the line but I just don't think so!

Jonerian

On another point, increasing 1 perk affects the rest.

View attachment 9414

I don't really like this. This means it is much more "effective" putting all your XP in only one perk, rather than "diversifying".
That the same perk gets more expensive is fine, but that other perks also get more expensive is not.
I understand that this is because it should also get more difficult to get the next fellowship level, but I think this is the wrong way.
Having a separate experience bar for the fellowship level sounds better to me.

Right now putting 25000 XP in advanced help means you you have 25000 XP less for tournament archive (obviously), but also another 25000 XP more you need to spend for the next tournament archive perk.
In the end this means every FS needs to concentrate on one perk only.
However, that might be what is intended.
So we will have Tournament FSs, Spire FSs, AW FSs, NH FSs and FS which don't do anything good really.
Of course, we partly have this now, but this will go further in that direction.
(There are also FSs where all members spend so much time, that they already do all perfect anyways, but that is besides the point. 99% of FSs are not like that)

HappyRose

Getting the experience points ... only seen them for doing helping hand in fellowship... is there any other place we can get these experience points ...? not Much of an experience..lol

Skillpowers

Getting the experience points ... only seen them for doing helping hand in fellowship... is there any other place we can get these experience points ...? not Much of an experience..lol
you get xp from doing spire (when spire is over you will see the "xp" when you get the rewards) , same will happen with tournement , once tourny is over you will recieve the xp.

Enevhar Aldarion

Would be nice to have clarification about what that means.

The way it is worded makes it sounds to me that the "free daily KP" will only be the ones you get once per hour as time goes by. There are no other KP in the game that are truly free. Every other source is something you have to work for or had to work for in the past. So maybe only those 24 KP per day will count for this perk.

Karvest

There is a separate goods type named "Free Ancient Wonder Help Knowledge Points", which you will get daily if you level up this perk. You will be able to spend them only on your fellow's AWs.

Arthus

Isn't it that you get fellowship experience only from chests 9+ in Spire?
This isn't normal...
Also give us perk for more rewards from neighboring help.

I wish there was a reward for Fellowships that do well in the Fellowship Adventures, though. I play in 3 Fellowships that are top 3 FA winners, and it would be cool to get an extra reward for that hard work.

SoggyShorts

It is not up to you how other FS want to play and organize their team.
So why is it up to you how my FS plays and organizes my team? :oops:

It's up to all of us, isn't it? Like it or not, the way Perks are set up will dictate how all FS do it, and this is beta where(theoretically) we can influence the developers.

There are 2 possibilities
1. All mages can spend perk points with a single (mis)click
2. Only the AM can

So either
1. Some FS are forced to demote mages in order to avoid such a serious mistake
2. The AM can do it since it's a pretty rare thing

Maybe it's just me, but #2 seems far less cumbersome and invasive.
Also, the developers seem to have planned it as an AM only thing:
tap.png

SoggyShorts

I was thinking net zero was disadvantaged as well.
There are only 3 ways to get XP
1. visits
2. tournament
3. spire

You cannot and will not get any XP from spending KP in any way, so Net0 is not different from other swaps in this respect.

The KP perk gives you KP every day similar to the KP rewards you get from AW chests, or the tournament FS chests, but you can only spend it on fellows, not yourself.

So there's really no downside other than that we might have to set up a little swap or something if the KP packs expire(@Karvest ?), if they don't then there's no issue at all.

Last edited:

Karvest

Seems every level of any perk increase cost of all perks by 25k points (at least 2 leveled perks increased cost of third perk by 25k each). + increase its own cost by another 25k points (not sure, since we don't have enough points for next level yet).
If this progression is correct - leveling all perks would cost 26kk points (few years).

SlyLady

So either
1. Some FS are forced to demote mages in order to avoid such a serious mistake
2. The AM can do it since it's a pretty rare thing

Can you explain why you think it is/will be a rare thing to allocate Perks? Our fellowship earned the first 25K in less than a day and now have enough for the next level. So that's two levels in the first few days of the Perks plan. Even with more points, and therefore bigger spaces, between upgrades, it seems like allocating Perks would be more than "pretty rare"?