• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion New Feature - Fellowship Progression

Lovec Krys

The way you put it, you could as well say: "what is the point of NH for advanced players anyway.
Yes, basicaly that's what i say. At least for players like me without Crystal Lighthouse & Lighthouse of Good Neighborhood.
The only reasons for me to click NH (FA only) are the XP for perks and bonus chests (pre perks i was lazy to click even for chests).
I don't care if someone gives me NH. I don't play on cultural bonus (mostly on 100%).
With fighting only in the Spire and almost fighting only in the Tournament i don't even need it. If i need an extra supplies i can use spells on my workshops and for both gold & supplies emergencies i have instants.

Spire perk is most usefull for FAs who go barely gold or miss gold lightly. Especialy when you cannot do some extra score like in the tourney.
There are also FAs doing gold only on push weeks, so a good failsave for them.

Enevhar Aldarion

Yes, basicaly that's what i say. At least for players like me without Crystal Lighthouse & Lighthouse of Good Neighborhood.
The only reasons for me to click NH (FA only) are the XP for perks and bonus chests (pre perks i was lazy to click even for chests).
I don't care if someone gives me NH. I don't play on cultural bonus (mostly on 100%).
With fighting only in the Spire and almost fighting only in the Tournament i don't even need it. If i need an extra supplies i can use spells on my workshops and for both gold & supplies emergencies i have instants.

So you are saying you ignore all NH from map neighbors, even the small cities who could desperately need your help back?

CrazyWizard

@The Evenstar
Can we please make it so that only the AM can spend perk XP?
Many fellowships have several mages who help with various things but there is no need for them all to have access where a single misclick has such a serious consequence.
If you can't trust your mages you should not make them a mage.

Question:

Yes.

I don't know. It looks to be free, but the upgrade tab shows a diamond symbol please tell us if you press it
You can reset the perks once in a while, every other time it will cost diamonds and more and more diamonds each time.
by allowing mages to reset the perks, it's not always the archmage that has to pay the price in full

HappyRose

unfortunately.. I haven’t understood how these perks work at all
The spire ended I get to the top but as usual the team did not .. so I assumed we would get perks for the points between the last tick point and points achieved
look this morning.. no perks ...
the normal contributors to forum seem to understand what’ s happening .. but some of us need a better explanation

Brummbaer

If my understanding is correct.

First you have to research/active the level 1 of the corresponding perk, in you case the spire perk. Once opened, you got an additional storage of max 50 points spire surplus. These surplus is stored for the FS and can be ussed in upcoming spires. You can increase the additional storage by bringing the corresponding perk to the next level and so on.

In addition: upgrading/research/active one perk increase the costs for ALL others too

CrazyWizard

unfortunately.. I haven’t understood how these perks work at all
The spire ended I get to the top but as usual the team did not .. so I assumed we would get perks for the points between the last tick point and points achieved
look this morning.. no perks ...
the normal contributors to forum seem to understand what’ s happening .. but some of us need a better explanation

Your fellowship team result (not yours) leads to perk point, those points can be spend on perks.

For example they can unlock a perk that stores the overflow of spire points. so if the last point was 880 points and you fellowship got 901 points. those perks could store 21 spire points.

Those points can later be used to unlock a higher another spire crystal as a fellowship.
So that purple bar can be inflated to a higher point. this might unlock more individual rewards.
This might unlock more rewards for you who now gets nothing for all those points not unlocked by the fellowship

HappyRose

Ok need an idiots guide... we have 55k whatever’s for unlocking
not a mage but need to understand for live
if we unlock now do we get those 21 points or are they lost
if we unlock do we have to do that every week ?
don’t understand Bummbaer point upgrading perk = increase cost for all others

Prueba2

I am thinking about the NH Perk, Would having the Lighthouse/Bell be detrimental?
As your NH would last more, it will take longer before you can NH again, so overall less XP, is that right?

EDIT: Seems I got that wrong
As NH you receive would last more, it will take longer before you can receive NH again, so overall less XP, is that right?

Lovec Krys

So you are saying you ignore all NH from map neighbors, even the small cities who could desperately need your help back?
I ignore the notification button completely. And go to map only when i need to solve encounters/tournament encounters or scout.
The time when i bothered doing NH on map is about 2 years over.
On the other hand, they can learn to play without needing NH. It's not that hard to optimize your city to not needing NH even in low chapter.

Brummbaer

Explaination: upgrading/research/active one perk increase the costs for ALL others too.

The initial cost for the first level is 25.000 points for ALL perks. E.g. you select tournament perk: now you can store up to 2500 points surplus. The costs for ALL others perks are incresing too. That means level 2 tournament perk costs is now 75.000 points and the cost for ALL other perks increase for level 1 to 50.000 points (instead oft he expected 25.000 for the first level).

I hope this clearify the situation

maxiqbert

Ok need an idiots guide... we have 55k whatever’s for unlocking
not a mage but need to understand for live
if we unlock now do we get those 21 points or are they lost
if we unlock do we have to do that every week ?
don’t understand Bummbaer point upgrading perk = increase cost for all others
The points are lost, since you didn't have the perk active to store them
If/when you unlock it, it remains active until you "reset all".
So, it needs to be active for at least 2 weeks to have any effect.

About upgrading perks, the first unlocking costs 25k points. Then to further upgrade the same perk, it costs 75k; And to unlock the first level of another perk, it costs 50k.

little bee

I am thinking about the NH Perk, Would having the Lighthouse/Bell be detrimental?
As your NH would last more, it will take longer before you can NH again, so overall less XP, is that right?

EDIT: Seems I got that wrong
As NH you receive would last more, it will take longer before you can receive NH again, so overall less XP, is that right?
That is completely wrong. The lighthouse can never stop anyone from getting NH.
Yes, the NH given to your culture buildings will last longer. Therefore it takes longer, before the same culture building can be polished again. But that absolutely does not stop anyone from giving you NH to another building. In the worst case they have to give NH to the main building more than 10 times before you collect. In that case you would no longer recive any more gold from the NH, but it will still not effect exp.

edeba

if the part of donating KPs to your fellows' Wonders is the way I understand it, then the NetZero system is at disadvantage to KPs Swap threads or Wonder Society System, right?

This is my biggest question.

I don't think so, no. Unless I've misread something you don't get xp or anything from donating KP, so your wonder program choice shouldn't matter at all.
All this feature does for Kp is that you get special Restricted KP packs for having a level 1+ KP perk. Sure, there might be a "problem" with gaining more of these Restricted KP packs than you can spend buying chests off FS members, but that's fixed pretty easily with a 1-time swap or something.

I don't understand this.

Netzero has a disadvantage I think indeed.
it's not as frequent as KP swaps for example, so it's more difficult to set up a place where you can get rid of your 2kp per day
swap threads are much easier for this. I do not think you can store those KP per day.

I was thinking net zero was disadvantaged as well.

Is there a place where it's mentioned that only 2 KP/day are counted to XP? In the description doesn't say anything like that.
"Spend free daily KP on AW of your FS members" <<< this is the description.
To answer to someone asking about unlocking that slot, I think is not implemented yet since it says "coming soon".

Would be nice to have clarification about what that means. The video really made me think net zero was disadvantaged and I haven't read anything that makes think different, but I also just don't understand how it work, or is going to work.

On another point, increasing 1 perk affects the rest.

1633169098113.png

HappyRose

Thank you for your replys ... that has helped me understand how we get started..
After reading your comments still don’t understand what the benefit is in having longer to do helping hand ... surely halving the time would be better so I could do 2 a day...
lots of comments here on forum about kp ... where does this fit in ??

FieryArien

After reading your comments still don’t understand what the benefit is in having longer to do helping hand ... surely halving the time would be better so I could do 2 a day...
The perk doesn’t influence how often you can do helping hand. That’s still 23 hours. It influences how long it takes before the golden hands turn to green hands. It takes longer, so you have higher chance to fit into the golden window.

galrond

I think the tournament archive is a GREAT help.
In my fellowships we often have been in this situation:
2 hours to go.
We need 2000 points to get next chest.
Ppl. start panicing, and burn timeboosters, taking expensive round 6 provinces, even when they have NO use for shards (broken or not) nor relics.
Next chest reached
15 min before shutdown the last ppl. show up, and take their intended provinces for KP, relics, spells.......
2100 points spill-over
Ppl. have used LOTS of assets for absolutely NOTHING

Next week same senario
But this time no panic.
Someone will show up and save our bacon
But noone does, so no "extra" chest

Same goes for spire ofc

Concerning "advanced help":
When I did my NH today, there were 5 green FS (and a few non-FS) hands.
I don´t know how many could have been turned gold by adv. help.

maxiqbert

Concerning "advanced help":
When I did my NH today, there were 5 green FS (and a few non-FS) hands.
I don´t know how many could have been turned gold by adv. help.
I checked what advanced help would have given us.
I had one green hand that would have been golden with the help.
so a whole 10 Xp difference lol. Let's assume everyone had the same thing, that would make 250 Xp more per day.
Not a lot...