• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion New Feature - Fellowship Progression

galrond

@galrond What is the point of golden NH for advanced player anyway? Few more tools? Don't care about them.
Well maybe you´re right, but not all players are advanced
The way you put it, you could as well say: "what is the point of NH for advanced players anyway. When you give, you only get gold and supplies. When you receive, you only get gold, gold/supply boost or time boost on construction." Many ppl. would support that, but I take ALL the advantages I can get. No matter how small. My concern is the effort, that I have to make. It don´t take longer to click on a golden hand compared to a green hand, so "free" supplies + XP to FS

So far I think the perks will help FS, who struggle for 10 chests the most. Doing 42k one week, 39k the next 2 weeks, and getting 10 chests all 3 weeks is a great help.
It may be, that the "knowledge sharing" is the only good perk for advanced FS/players. But there´s always bragging rights too

SoggyShorts

we all know that most people will take the tourney-spire perks first.
Why?
If a FS always gets gold then the spire one is useless. If they don't go to the top then unlocking the top rewards is useless.
The only way that perk is good is for times when you are just short, or if you try for "push" weeks.
Same for tournament and 10-chest.

The KP one seems like the obvious choice (if it was an option) since everyone benefits.

Karvest

Spire archive lvl1 is a good backup for real life issues of 1-2 players to save gold spire for the rest of FS (only if it counts surplus over full spire).
While KP perk is not available - tournament archive is the only useful perk left for the rest of guildXP, which may help with getting additional 10KP and RR every other week.

Skillpowers

Why?
If a FS always gets gold then the spire one is useless. If they don't go to the top then unlocking the top rewards is useless.
The only way that perk is good is for times when you are just short, or if you try for "push" weeks.
Same for tournament and 10-chest.

The KP one seems like the obvious choice (if it was an option) since everyone benefits.
as i said "most people" , alot of FS don't reach gold in tower or get 10 chests because alot of players don't have the right buildings placed like fire phoenix etc... and ofc you can go to 19 chests for extra free RR + 10 kp

Aeva

@The Evenstar
Can we please make it so that only the AM can spend perk XP?
Many fellowships have several mages who help with various things but there is no need for them all to have access where a single misclick has such a serious consequence.

Or maybe not. Because a lot of FS's have their own organization and it will be a mage that has the task to spent the perks. And we all have heard stories of FS that are left without an AM.

Enevhar Aldarion

So it is useless for a whopping 10-20 fellowships, depending on server, compared to how many hundreds of fellowships per server that do some of the Spire?

SoggyShorts

So it is useless for a whopping 10-20 fellowships, depending on server, compared to how many hundreds of fellowships per server that do some of the Spire?
Uh yeah, read my post again. You quoted it, did you miss the part where I said it's useful for anyone who would do a push week or fall short?

Karvest

I guess it's a total amount that can be saved (not sure if it stacks with next tourney or you will start from 0).
1633124033250.png

SoggyShorts

I guess it's a total amount that can be saved (not sure if it stacks with next tourney or you will start from 0).
That's what I thought. If the next chest is another 10,000+ then having an extra 2500 in the bank will very rarely be useful. Your FS will only be able to use it when you get 7,500/10,000 naturally.
Same goes for spire most likely so you can't just buy level1 perk and bank 300 over 6 weeks. 50 cap means you can be almost 1 player short.

The Neighborly help (and KP) are looking even better as choices now....

Karvest

That's what I thought. If the next chest is another 10,000+ then having an extra 2500 in the bank will very rarely be useful. Your FS will only be able to use it when you get 7,500/10,000 naturally.
2500 is lvl1 perk, lvl2 is 5000 and so on.

SoggyShorts

2500 is lvl1 perk, lvl2 is 5000 and so on.
Understood but it's a looooong way to 10K, and in that time you're getting nothing from perks.
The KP one (theoretically) would give something every day from the day you buy it
The NH one should do... something for your XP each day....maybe. YMMV
The Spire one would be nice to build-up as an emergency fund for the few FS who are just barely getting gold, but the opportunity cost for other FS is high.

Karvest

Same goes for spire most likely so you can't just buy level1 perk and bank 300 over 6 weeks. 50 cap means you can be almost 1 player short.
Gold spire by itself can handle 1-2 missing players, 50 points backup is enough for 1 more player missing.
Understood but it's a looooong way to 10K, and in that time you're getting nothing from perks.
Not so long, if you are not leveling anything else. And even 5k is already half of the way to 11 chest for those who usually do 10+

Moncsociusz

I think if you are going to level up that perk, you might be able to save more. But I'm not sure.

To be honest, I would much rather prefer perks that are motivational and useful even for advanced fellowships over gold and 10 chests. This is beta. So according to our advice they could change these perks even if it will take longer to code and roll it to live. But I feel like advanced players are started to burn out because of sprire artifacts, the league system, fighting algorithm... These are strongly disadvantagous for them, and they are leaving on my server. So it would be nice that these perks would be useful for everyone regardless of progress or size. Like giving life force for troops or reducing negotiation costs would be appreciated by everyone I believe.

SoggyShorts

NH vs Tournament:

With level 1 tournament you can bank 2500 which can maybe get you 1 more chest for 10 KP, 1 RR, and 4,000 XP
With level 1 NH you get 10 more XP per visit if it was between 23 and 27 hours ago.
If that turns 1 visit from green to gold per player per day that's 10*24*7 = 1,680 more XP per week.
If that turns 3 visits from green to gold per player per day that's 10*24*21 = 5,040 more XP per week.

TBH I have no idea how many green visits would turn gold in my FS.