• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion New Feature - Fellowship Progression

little bee

I understand that, but as I understand it then we get experience from tourney based on how many chests we get? And we can't get more chests by rotating members in and out cause we loose the points when someone leaves.
I unterstood the anouncement to mean that you get exp for every tournament round you play; regardless of the number of chests won.

The Fairy

I unterstood the anouncement to mean that you get exp for every tournament round you play; regardless of the number of chests won.

If that is the case then I can see the need for the cooldown, unless they wait rewarding the Experience till the tourney ends and only gives Experience for members still in the fs. I was guessing from this screen shot where it looks like there is Experience in the chests:
NOK9ox9Ng_2oycRiqvoJFr4IkrwDXgIXoiakrLWh-nQfh9SHTG_eIIWRf3ENXURXv42GnZ0GTXsTH8ISmaRlJQ33tMq_Nz2VxvIUqMMVF_yPagXUTDkfUAypzvvKudGuRTVRTlpx=s0

markymarc

Do i still need to go to the top of spire to acquire all the prizes ?
Or is it now possible to get all prizes and just reach laboratory.

Lovec Krys

@markymarc Of course you do. Perks have nothing to do with that functionality. And i personaly like the Spire group rewards way. Gold is hard enough to achieve even without players obtaining gold rewards with a single point in Spire (like they can do in tourney with 30 points getting blueprint before being kicked out of the FS).

ayvinul

apparently all perks are still grayed out... but the daily KP to gift other players doesn't have a cost, yet it's grayed out, even for our archmage... is it active yet.

I'm not even sure XP counts correctly, 750XP is a suspiciously round number.

Also: how do you gain XP, besides neighborly help. I figured out that active help was +20XP, inactive +10XP.

I participated in our KP swap chains: nothing. Does it only happen when you tally the completion of a wonder level ?

Skillpowers

apparently all perks are still grayed out... but the daily KP to gift other players doesn't have a cost, yet it's grayed out, even for our archmage... is it active yet.

I'm not even sure XP counts correctly, 750XP is a suspiciously round number.

Also: how do you gain XP, besides neighborly help. I figured out that active help was +20XP, inactive +10XP.

I participated in our KP swap chains: nothing. Does it only happen when you tally the completion of a wonder level ?
you get 4000 xp per chest you unlock in tournement (after tourn you get the xp) and spire only the last 4 gates you get 4000 xp with the FS)

Alcaro

if the part of donating KPs to your fellows' Wonders is the way I understand it, then the NetZero system is at disadvantage to KPs Swap threads or Wonder Society System, right?

ayebee

There should be an award of experience points for taking part in the Fellowship Adventures.
It seems strange that this is the only fellowship event that is left out, particularly as it is a common complaint that it is under-rewarded.
Fellowship experience points would at least be a start in addressing this.

Moncsociusz

IMHO, the perk extending the delay for tools in neighbourly help is totally worthless
There are so many things that could be done, this one really needs to be re-thought
Agree, as previously mentioned there is a wonder for this and the whole point would be to give NH as often as possible to get Exp points. So it's even counterproductive. There are so much more useful stuff that could be given. A percentage lowering in negotiation costs for everyone that week. (1,2,3 as leveling up) for example, or life force/power for fighters. There are loads of options. But NH lenghteting is useless.

Turbina

Personally I don't mind because I think I am in great guilds already. But...

I think this will gradually increase incentive to switch into "better" guilds, and make it more and more difficult for new guilds to form or catch up with older ones, because nobody wants to join a guild that lags behind in perks or does not have any yet.

World of Warcraft (some of you may remember the leading MMO of its time) also introduced guild perks that could be leveled, but dropped the leveling mechanism again one expansion later, returning to constant benefits of being in a guild. And probably for good reasons..

Skillpowers

Personally I don't mind because I think I am in great guilds already. But...

I think this will gradually increase incentive to switch into "better" guilds, and make it more and more difficult for new guilds to form or catch up with older ones, because nobody wants to join a guild that lags behind in perks or does not have any yet.

World of Warcraft (some of you may remember the leading MMO of its time) also introduced guild perks that could be leveled, but dropped the leveling mechanism again one expansion later, returning to constant benefits of being in a guild. And probably for good reasons..
new guilds can probally be build faster into good ones with the perks ;)

Deelaia

Can someone explain
how to unlock "Knowledge Sharing"?
And what kind of free Knowledge Points we get?

Maillie

Guild Perks in WoW were dropped in Warlords of Draenor, along with 90% of anything that was fun. There were 10 million presales of that expansion before it opened. I was a Beta tester, the only one in my guild for WOD, and the testers told them and told them it wouldn't work. The loss of those guild perks was huge, since players could no longer run through a dungeon with their friends but were tossed into a quagmire of some of the nastiest people on the planet (who all had microphones). They lost a million subs a month until they had less players than they had in the first year, 2004, and guilds became miniscule, with any hardcore raiders moving into massive guilds and the average guilds dissolving. WoW then became known as "Raid or Die", and everywhere I went in Elvenar I ran into at least one homesick WoW escapee with a city named Stormwind. WoW eventually had to combine entire realms (worlds).
Let's not relive that here. ;)

SoggyShorts

if the part of donating KPs to your fellows' Wonders is the way I understand it, then the NetZero system is at disadvantage to KPs Swap threads or Wonder Society System, right?
I don't think so, no. Unless I've misread something you don't get xp or anything from donating KP, so your wonder program choice shouldn't matter at all.
All this feature does for Kp is that you get special Restricted KP packs for having a level 1+ KP perk. Sure, there might be a "problem" with gaining more of these Restricted KP packs than you can spend buying chests off FS members, but that's fixed pretty easily with a 1-time swap or something.

CrazyWizard

Guild Perks in WoW were dropped in Warlords of Draenor, along with 90% of anything that was fun. There were 10 million presales of that expansion before it opened. I was a Beta tester, the only one in my guild for WOD, and the testers told them and told them it wouldn't work. The loss of those guild perks was huge, since players could no longer run through a dungeon with their friends but were tossed into a quagmire of some of the nastiest people on the planet (who all had microphones). They lost a million subs a month until they had less players than they had in the first year, 2004, and guilds became miniscule, with any hardcore raiders moving into massive guilds and the average guilds dissolving. WoW then became known as "Raid or Die", and everywhere I went in Elvenar I ran into at least one homesick WoW escapee with a city named Stormwind. WoW eventually had to combine entire realms (worlds).
Let's not relive that here. ;)

I am not afraid of that, guild perks in elvenar are nice extra's to have, but none of it is gamebreaking in any way, shape or form
It's not like in FoE where the performance of units depend on your guild rank.

only 1 perk is usable for even the most hardcore gamers, (the few kp per day) but everything else is pointless to them.
So for them it will be more of a vanity thing than a usefull thing