• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion New Feature - Fellowship Progression

Did the new upgrade remove the names from the fellowship picture icons on the Spire. I thought I could see the names before when I hovered over the portraits. Some fellows have the same portrait, so good to see the names with them.

I am not sure of how the spire excess points works. Excess of what?

SoggyShorts

How does it penalize an FS that is already getting everything? Nothing is taken away from them. It just doesn't add to them. It helps FS's that aren't achieving as much, but since it's not FS versus FS, there is no penalty.
It's a "penalty" in that 1 of 4 FS perks is useless for a Gold FS. Might be the wrong word, but any new feature that helps a bunch of players but not you feels bad. It was actually the perk I was looking forward to most since a FS is only ever 2 vacations and one Real Life emergency away from failure in the spire.
Is it confirmed that Spire points beyond 1330 cannot be archived? @The Evenstar?

edeba

It's a "penalty" in that 1 of 4 FS perks is useless for a Gold FS. Might be the wrong word, but any new feature that helps a bunch of players but not you feels bad. It was actually the perk I was looking forward to most since a FS is only ever 2 vacations and one Real Life emergency away from failure in the spire.
Is it confirmed that Spire points beyond 1330 cannot be archived? @The Evenstar?
We leveled our spire perk even though we are a gold spire group because we thought we could bank 50 of the extra spire points over what we need for gold just in case we have a week where we are short. If you are correct, it is a useless perk.

Yogi Dave

If our FS can't recruit for the spire when someone is missing, we may very well miss one or more gold thingies. That's quite a penalty.
A while after I posted I realized I was reacting to the use of the word "penalty", not the concepts. Penalty stills seems like too strong a word, but I do understand the feeling. Also, if you can't bank the extra spire points above 1330, it does seem to actually be a penalty.

Aeva

We leveled our spire perk even though we are a gold spire group because we thought we could bank 50 of the extra spire points over what we need for gold just in case we have a week where we are short. If you are correct, it is a useless perk.
Never mind. We get that spire anyway. I've never seen us come short.
But it is indeed very nasty if those points do not count.

SlyLady

I didn't go to Elvenstats to look but SlyLady must be in one He*l of a FS! Guess I'm going to have to go see where she is!

I'll save you the trouble. I'm in The Angels and we have room, if anyone is interested. As Soggy Shorts pointed out, a perfect FS could earn 208K points per week, so clearing 100K in the first week is hardly an unbelievable accomplishment.

Heymrdiedier

Not sure if this is asked already or not. But if we are locked out of spire and tournament if we join too late, could we maybe change the active window of a FSA. So in case a FSA is active we have at least some hours we can switch FS without having reprocussions. (right now if a FSA starts, you're basically locked in a FS for 2 weeks).

Clicked on the "+" sign in the Spire and the window that pops-up says Tourney Archive. Shouldn't it say Spire Archive? Don't we want to pull the points from the right bucket?
1633357665057.png

eltina

When we have activate tournament and spire in perks.
can we some place see the save point?

Sylvanas

If our FS can't recruit for the spire when someone is missing, we may very well miss one or more gold thingies.
In the past there have been FS who kicked/invited several temporary players to get more points than any fair playing FS could achieve, so more than 1575, simply by having technically more than 25 players being able to collect points for this fellowship. I think this way it is way fairer. You can only have 25 players going into spire and they need to be there when spire starts. For a top FS like you this should not be so hard to plan. After all, you are not supposed to kick out a player every week, nor are you supposed to switch your FS yourself all the time.

Also the new perk should help to get gold medal even if a player has to be exchanged and the replacement and cannot participate immediately. Already a perk of level 2 would enable you to save 100 spirit essence, while a single player would mean a maximum loss of 63 for that one week.

Last edited:

Sylvanas

Fair way is the way tournaments worked - if you leave FS, your points are gone from FS stats. But not how it is now, where you can't participate in spire/tourney if you joined a bit late.
If I understood it correctly you can participate in spire/tourney, you simply will not generate points for your Fellowship. As mentioned, with the new perks it should be easy to compensate a player who leaves the FS during a run.

Karvest

If you are not generating points for FS - you can't get FS rewards as well.
with the new perks it should be easy to compensate a player who leaves the FS during a run.
Only if it stores surplus over last crystal (we'll see it next week).

Sylvanas

If you are not generating points for FS - you can't get FS rewards as well.
It's true. But how often do you switch your FS? Once per month? Once per year? It should be something you can plan ahead and switch during the 18 hour time frame.

little bee

It's true. But how often do you switch your FS? Once per month? Once per year? It should be something you can plan ahead and switch during the 18 hour time frame.
That has not been my expirience. From what I have observed, some of the common reasons to change fellowship are personal disagreements in the guild or sudden RL emergencies causing inactivity. And you can definitively not plan ahead for those. And changing fellowship usually requires multiple players taking some action (e.g. leaving one fellowship, being accepted into a new one), each of whom may have different time constraints. 18h is a very short timeframe for that.
And there will probably also be cases of accidental removal or malicious timing for leaving/kicking.

In all these cases a player will be banned from tournament and spire for a week. This is not a good solution, especially since it is so unnecesary. The current tournament method is much better.

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

And there will probably also be cases of accidental removal or malicious timing for leaving/kicking.
In all these cases a player will be banned from tournament and spire for a week. This is not a good solution, especially since it is so unnessisary. The current tournament method is much better.
This will absolutely cost inno some players.
Imagine a disagreement with your AM so you not only get kicked from your FS but are unable to participate in major chunks of the game for a week. Like any addiction, if you can quit for 7 days you're well on your way to never coming back

Want to see if I am understanding this correctly. Pardon me if this does not make sense. To me, it seems like we would only be able to accrue at most 2500 pts at Perks Tourney level 1 chest. So if we complete the 9th chest, but are not able to complete the 10th chest, and gain total of 7500 on that last chest, of that 7500, only 2500 will be accrued because that is all we have unlocked on the Perks?

Also, again, if we unlock Perks Tourney Level 1 chest with 2500 pts, and lets say we are only at 2000 pts on the 10th chest on Saturday afternoon, it would not be in my best interest to use the Perks experience to upgrade to Perks Tourney Level 2 to have cap of 5000 pts at that time because I haven't reached my cap on level 1 correct?

I would imagine that in scenario one, if we are close to the end of the Spire with 7500 pts, if I have the experience to unlock level 2 that provides the cap of 5000, it would be good to upgrade before Tourney closes in order to accrue more points. Is that right?

Enevhar Aldarion

Want to see if I am understanding this correctly. Pardon me if this does not make sense. To me, it seems like we would only be able to accrue at most 2500 pts at Perks Tourney level 1 chest. So if we complete the 9th chest, but are not able to complete the 10th chest, and gain total of 7500 on that last chest, of that 7500, only 2500 will be accrued because that is all we have unlocked on the Perks?

Also, again, if we unlock Perks Tourney Level 1 chest with 2500 pts, and lets say we are only at 2000 pts on the 10th chest on Saturday afternoon, it would not be in my best interest to use the Perks experience to upgrade to Perks Tourney Level 2 to have cap of 5000 pts at that time because I haven't reached my cap on level 1 correct?

I would imagine that in scenario one, if we are close to the end of the Spire with 7500 pts, if I have the experience to unlock level 2 that provides the cap of 5000, it would be good to upgrade before Tourney closes in order to accrue more points. Is that right?

I think you have it right. If you buy tournament perk at level 1, it will store 2500 points. But we do not know yet if that is a max or if that is per week. They have not told us yet, so we have to wait for people to test it after the end of the next tournament.