• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

New crafting Recipes

Droopy

Could you explain more about "Potion of Clarity" which seems to be a possible way to refresh the MA.

For example, where to get it?

beta-MA-potion-of-clarity.JPG

ekarat

*sigh*
I suppose as a reaction to the complaints about fragment overload it seems like a good idea. But I think it is a bad idea, because who has the fragment overload problem? It is the players who own from 3 moonstone sets upwards. These players are already unduely overpriveledged for reasons I have stated in my post about the shortage-of-fragments-problem and the moonstone set problem. Now exactly these people are getting even more advantages, but the new players have to endure another useless recipe blocking a slot, where there could be a pet food or a tourney booster. No, actually I think it is a profoundly bad idea, sorry.

I think you are missing something in your analysis. I only have 1 moonstone library in my city.

Before I was in a gold spire FS, I had too many spell fragments for the CC spells I was getting (even producing CC 24/7 in my MA).
Now that I'm in a gold spire FS, it's the other way around. I have too many CC spells for the spell fragments I'm getting.

The problem is that the FS spire rewards are all CC spells and no fragments. So, people are going to have very different experiences based on how many FS rewards they get. And that is why we are seeing very different reactions in this thread.

Avocado

@Avocado Guess what? I hate those chests with spellfragments in the spire :p
And it could be that my city is a lot older and bigger then yours. If that's the case I think you will have a whole lot of fragments one day...

@Aeva, this is just as likely as you getting 2 fire phoenix or 2 bears next year :)).

Avocado

@ekarat: it is true, I forgot the gold spire FS effect in my analysis, or even the silver spire FS (my case). Thanks for pointing it out D) And I do get quite some spire CC's from my Spiretop-climbing AND the FA Silver reward in addition to the two Pilgrim Masons, and I am producing CC's 24/7 in my 5-er MA. And there is the Effect of the MA being on 3 or on 5. But this means, there must be even more cases of Fragment shortage than I considered before, like you or little bee who posted in my thread about the Fragment Shortage problem. And of course I know, that there are lots people like Aeva with a huge fragment overload, frustrated by their spire chests. And there are new players who presumably just got used to not being able to afford most of the treasures of the MA, which is also very unfair.

So mainly I wanted to point out here in this thread and in the other one about Fragments, that there is another side to the Fragment topic, or actually many sides.

Avocado

I have the one with "pay 5000 Fragments get 40 Vision Vapour" staring at me in the MA and I just utterly suffer from that sight. I hate it so much that ideas of giving up the game come up. It will also bring great disbalance into the FA, again favouring communities with moonstone farms.

Lovec Krys

@Avocado Unless you want to win every single FA this doesn't change anything for FA (and you get the 1 badge for both 9vv and 40vv recipe).
You can always use the same tactics as our FS used to win the FA - save resources for some time and then use them in vast quantities.
If your goal is not to win FA, it doesn't matter if you end on 10th, 20th or 150th place (you can always get better rewards in events or even craft them, so 1 2x2 seed building or 2x2-2x3 pop/cult doesn't matter).
Btw, some can say it realy doesn't matter how many fragments and CCs you have, winning in FA is decided by the amount of diamonds used for flipping the recipes.

Avocado

@Lovec Krys you are right, sorry for posting that, yesterday I even thought of these arguments as well, but today I was so carried away by my dismay

Jaxom

With 185K in spell fragments this could prove useful!
Just hope it shows up sometime. None so far

Alcaro

why the recipe giving 1CC is Purple and the one giving 8CC is Cyan? IMO the one giving 8CC is more important, not the VV.

P.S. The image from the announcement should be changed with one with accurate data.

Skillpowers

why the recipe giving 1CC is Purple and the one giving 8CC is Cyan? IMO the one giving 8CC is more important, not the VV.

P.S. The image from the announcement should be changed with one with accurate data.
the 1 CC is more important because of the 40 vision viper it gives you. (to reach the mystical opbject)

CrazyWizard

I am just happy those new recipes are not on the good slots, for the rest idc, they are useless to me anyway.

DeletedUser3773

I want to address the "fairness" expectation for lower chapter players. The motivation for growing your city is to be able to take advantage of the perks a larger city affords. Everyone had to go through growing pains in the beginning, some players do it multiple times so no one is immune to being too little to get all that the game offers. If I have to suffer through scarcity in my SF in my Ch. 7 city but abundance in my Ch. 13 city, that's just the way the game plays. I can't benefit from some really awesome buildings in my young city that do way more for my older city, like the Mana Hut. I don't even want to craft most of the bldgs in the MA in my young city because they become useless as I advance unless I use RR (that's a whole other kettle of fish).
I just think that struggling to bring a "fair" or "equal playing ground" to the game makes it boring. It may even make it too easy to just stagnate with no good reason to grow bigger. I'm sure there are plenty of casual players who don't want to work too hard, but I don't think the entire game is designed for that purpose and if it were, I would drift away from lack of interest. Just sayin'.

Also, I like the new recipes. I would choose 8CC when I'm in need there but choose 40VV when I want the MA prize faster. They're both good.