• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Neighbourhoods ... not liking the friendship approach

Starbladder

It seems like a good idea, but my hood is rubbish. Not the fault of the game as such, but...

I have been religiously visiting all of my neighbours (currently 23 of them) multiple times a day and so far have had 15 visits back over the last 5 days.

There just seems to be no benefit in being the "good guy" since there is no reward to the visiting player for the visit. A fair number of them also look to be unplayed, but that's a different issue.

It would seem sensible to have at least a token reward for a visit (e.g. the 20 gold as per FoE) or for it to count as part of your culture score, which would be excellent.

DeletedUser126

You get gold for visiting, based on your town hall level. I get 2k per visit at lv 7 town hall.

But i know what you mean about inactive neighborhoods, i have almost 40 players discovered but over last few days i had only few visits, and only 1 regular! And i keep visiting all of them!

There NEEDS to be some sort of system to balance neighborhoods like in FoE implemented ASP!

In this game its far more important due to how trading system works!

Starbladder

OK I just checked and my original point still stands.
You get gold when someone visits you (depending on city hall level, etc) .
You do not appear to get anything for visiting them, which is the basis for my irritation.

I expect I'm missing the point of something obvious here.

DeletedUser126

You get gold for visiting and polishing/motivating their buildings once every 24h

Notice that when you do it there is a gold flying up.

You get gold from them only if they motivate your town hall, if builders hall you get Speed boost to construction, if culture items, well then usualy you get double.

Starbladder

Guess I need to wait until tomorrow then - definitely never noticed any gold increase, but that could just be my age :)

DeletedUser

One more day to go Khelbeln and you'll be in range. Prepare to have those culture items shined to a bright finish

DeletedUser58

I think eventually we will see Elvenar's system in action, they're likely just focusing on ironing out general game issues before using whatever merging/player movement system they've developed or are working on.

But I agree, till that happens it's quite disappointing. I personally am more worried about it from the trading point of aspect, even though I'm not getting any visits (well, almost no visits, 1-3 folks tend to come by on a daily basis) I do find the gold from my own visit sufficient for now.

DeletedUser31

I understand your problems and I also experience it. But keep in mind that if you discovered a player really far away from you, the same player cuold not discover you, so they can not visit your city.

I'm also waiting for some neighborhood shuffle/merge system.
It would be interesting to discovering someone, then with the shuffle "undiscovering" them. :)

DeletedUser

I get a few visits daily, of course far less visits than the ones that I do, which was expected. Now that other players can polish my Holy Codexes (because I actually am able to build them now) I really wish I had more active neighbors.

For trading, however, I'm not having any problem at all. Maybe I'm being lucky for now in that department.