• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Answered Neighbors !!

DeletedUser

I would like to know if there will be any changes in the neighbors /neighborhood ?? if so what is the frequency of these changes ?? I have joined quite recently ...stuck with a largely inactive neighbors ...majority who have stopped playing the game ... and the remaining few who I think are active are lagging behind me in the game.... I have reached tier 2 goods and not able to find a single trade to take in the trader (even with that trader fee included) or someone who can accept my trades ... i have been stuck for the last two days on the research tree because of this ... Anybody can offer any solution for this ??

I need approximately 300 of crystal and scroll to move ahead .... buying from the wrongly-named wholesaler is way too expensive ... its costs about 160k of coins / 16k production for every 100 of each goods (is this the correct amount for both races ....read somewhere it being a little lesser than this)....and just another research after 1 more research after this i will be needing 600+ each of the same goods ...so i will get stuck again after i finish the research after this ...

thank you

regards

ddevil

DeletedUser252

I know the feeling. Because I can't go further on the techtree and therfore have a "big" amount of money and KP, I trade with the wholesaler and save all my goods from the factories.
In my neighborhood are no changes since I logged in for the first time.

DeletedUser236

some of my neighbors actually got replaced (+ by scouting more provinces and neighbors. My trade market is finally somewhat working/paying of as (i think) intended..

DeletedUser

some of my neighbors actually got replaced (+ by scouting more provinces and neighbors. My trade market is finally somewhat working/paying of as (i think) intended..

I cannot negotiate in the provinces as they need tier 2 goods ....cannot fight the provinces as they have got tier 2 units in it ...not with just the Sword dancers + Archers ... I need the ENT in some cases ....And to get the ENT I need to complete the research with tier 2 goods ... So its like being stuck as of now with just the collections till someone comes along and helps me with my trades or I can buy the goods with my coins / supplies (when I will have surplus of them ) ... Wow!!! how interesting its going to be....

DeletedUser108

If you have some space left you could build manufactories level 1. Those are very cheap and can be sold as soon as a neighbour (who is willing to trade) comes up. At some point they will come up. I have actually a level 9 manufactury of a tier 2 good that's not boosted and it was worth it because there was nobody who had scrolls. Now some players are getting better and offering scrolls, but it still helped me in the past to get further in the research tree. (but keep in mind that upgrading manufactories are really cost intensive. So maybe you just want to go with some level 1 manufacturies and sell them soon)
Another thing would be to offer trades up to 1,5:1. If you have a boost of maybe 200%, then it is still better to offer trades like that instead building not boosted resources. (I actually hate that, since it can cause great a great ratio-competition)
And about the wholesaler: well I have actually always too much coins. So I spend them there.

DeletedUser

I run a little tight on the space ... is it really worth building all the 3 manufactories ourselves? Defeats the purpose of having just one boosted goods if we still need to build all 3 of that particular tier ...Also I could have built it if the requirement was something like in 100's but from what I see i would be needing around 1000 of each goods and ever increasing as i go forward..... without the boosts its going to take me forever to make that many non-boosted goods by myself .... I can offer even 2:1 ratio but I dont think there's anybody around me in that stage to take those trades .... As i have already mentioned most of them have already gone inactive and a few who are still playing are quite behind in the game ... I also would have had coins / supplies for the goods from wholesaler if they had not changed the top bonus :D ...Infact most of the tier 1 goods I bought from the Wholesaler without worrying about the coins or supplies ....But now i m worried to spend that much on the goods when the output is so low for me ... I need the coins for exploring and productions for my units which keep dying in every fight i try in tier 2 sectors ... yes I keep trying to win those sectors with my sword dancers & archers .... its boring otherwise just to keep watching and collecting my collections all the time ...:(

DeletedUser108

I had a look on your city and would recomment not to build any more culture. Don't know what bonus-tier you got, but as the game goes on it gets harder to keep the culture bonus. I would guess that it is quiet difficult to hold 150% at your stage so rather try to stay at 125% and have more manufactories instead. Then you could also build a few manufactories, that are not boosted. (just for as long, as you can't find any trader)

DeletedUser

Thanks a lot for taking a serious interest in trying to help me ... I am currently at the maximum (170%... was maintaining 200% before the recent update) as far as Culture bonus is concerned and I dont intend to build anymore than the cultures I already have ... Just today I got 100 of each tier 2 goods from a quest ... Now i will be needing around 200 for the current research i m stuck with, which I m thinking of buying with the coins as and whenever i can reach the required amount of coins (640k) or maybe using my boosted goods (Silk - I have already got 214% boost for it ) ...so after that i can survive for another 2 researches ...thats a minimum of 3 days atleast after i finish the current stuck research .... If i cannot get the goods to trade by then maybe I will follow your advise of building non-boosted goods manufactories for the next research needing 600+ each goods ...

regards

ddevil

EDIT: Woah!!! Just checked the requirements for the non-boosted goods manufactories and the population needed is so high :eek:.... i will have to build many many more houses if i have to have a few of them in my city ...:( ...All this just because i am stuck in an inactive neighborhood ??? ...:(

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Just updating on this :

I was able to finish the stuck research today ...I bought the missing goods from the wholesaler a few with the coins and some more with using My boosted goods (Silk) ...very very very expensive ...drained out all my stock of coins & goods ...but still felt it to better than building non-boosted manufactories which needed so many changes in my city .....managed to just about get what I was required for this research ...SO on I go forward now for another 2 researches ... 3 days of inactivity and now 2 days I can play the game until I reach the next single research that will again block me with demands of 600+ of each tier 2 goods ...maybe I will have to build those darn non-boosted manufactories to get me ahead of that particular research ...:(

DeletedUser236

EDIT: Woah!!! Just checked the requirements for the non-boosted goods manufactories and the population needed is so high :eek:.... i will have to build many many more houses if i have to have a few of them in my city ...:( ...All this just because i am stuck in an inactive neighborhood ??? ...:(

Upgrading the residences really helps.. You get + 70 pop when upgrading from level 7 to 8 :)

DeletedUser

Upgrading the residences really helps.. You get + 70 pop when upgrading from level 7 to 8 :)
How I wish i could that ... I am all for upgrades ...as Building additional buildings are more pain than upgrading the already built one's ...But unfortunately i have to complete the research for upgrading residences over and above level 7 and more unfortunately thats the next research after the research I will be getting blocked .... the research i am talking about getting blocked is Advanced Scouts ...:(

DeletedUser252

I am at that research right now. It is difficult and it takes a lot of time, but I hope to see the end of it tomorrow.
And I have 1 , sometimes 2 neightbor who help me, and the ones that are traders are just outside my discovered plot. So trading, if there is something, is rather expensive.
If I can do this, you can to! Hang in there!

DeletedUser

Oh!!! I will be hanging in alright:D ... No worries about that at all .... Got lots of patience (actually thats the only thing that I have in plenty:p )... It is going to take a lot of time for me too But I will keep working for it ... Will keep thinking of how to get out this tight spot ... after all thats what this game is all about isnt it ?? .... I was actually just asking in the OP to the game staff about is there any plan to change the neighbors or any solution with regards to being stuck in a dead neighborhood in recent future ... This current scenario I will have to manage on my own somehow ... and will do it though its going to be very difficult as I proceed further but no worries ...

DeletedUser594

Hope this is not going the way this strange pirate game went (Tartuga?)and a few others,
namely down the gurgler...:(

DeletedUser

One of the biggest problems of the game is that the active player density is to small. In my eyes this is a well known problem. Usually many people test the game, but only some like the game. In this case you get a place and you can`t change them and you can`t interact with other active players. This is a strategic fault of the actual game design. But we all know that this is a beta version and it is clear that this problem must be solved.

Otherwise you can`t get all of your needed goods.... and the game make no fun -> deinstalling.

DeletedUser

is there any way we can find out how many neighbors we have discovered other than counting them manually??:confused:

DeletedUser

:eek: .... so I will never be able to know how many I have discovered ...:( ..but i know only 4 visit me everyday without fail:D

DeletedUser

Wow! That twice as many as I got! :p:D
Yeah ...Lucky me...:p ...by the way all of the 4 active neighbors visit me around same time ...my offline tim:egrin: ...and so even if they are twice as your neighbor's visiting, their help is never beneficial at all to me...:(