• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Neighborly Help Translations

Mariah

I think it would be nice to have the Words: Main Hall, Builder's Hut, and Culture translated somewhere we could all refer to it so if you are regularly giving neighborly help to someone and have not been able to figure out what they are asking for you can refer to the list to find out.

Bor de Wolf 1965

Why have it written in your town name?
I always try to follow 1) Builder's Hut, 2) Culture and only as a last resort 3) Main Hall.

I believe a lot of people like me, don't even read the messages and just click or tab their basic sequence.

Lovec Krys

I don't read it. It is faster to just click than read+click. (and besides i only give NH outside of FS when event quest asks it and i have already given NH to my fellows)

Shereana

Even without game rules, imagine, how some 15 names would look like. People are lazy to read several letters (not that I blame them), and you want them to go and compare what they are asked to help with?

I guess, I have seen good proposal just to add "heart" mark to preferred type of help, like we have for AW, but can't remember which forum it was. It needs a little bit more coding, but gives an easy visual (independent of language) sign what to choose.

The Fairy

Well, to be more accurate, they HAVE TO write in English.
Forum and game rules are clear: This Elvenar version is the Beta version and its language is English. The use of other languages in the game, forum and support is forbidden.
If you force players to only write English in game, then I think you will loose a good part of the beta players:(

salandrine

there is only one player, who wants decided help. Why cant he be asked to translate this wish to english? Its so easy to translate with google this times.

But you wish to a lot of other players, which are helping this guy, to translate his wishes for help into english?

Why should the helping one be asked to translate? That not o.k.

PrimroseSylvia

If you force players to only write English in game, then I think you will loose a good part of the beta players:(
They accepted game rules when started playing. In my FS are from all over the world, and we ALL write in English.
In their private chats and messages they can do everything they want, but for "common" parts of the game they have to respect the rules they're already accepted. No one is forcing people to play Beta server. It's a matter of respect, in my opinion.

DeletedUser4169

§2 Language

• This Elvenar version is the Beta version and its language is English. The use of other languages in the game, forum and support is forbidden.
• In fellowship forums, private communications, and player profiles a short phrase in another language is permitted, provided that this is translated to English either directly following or preceding it.
• Support tickets must also be created in understandable English, in order to get help.
• It is allowed to use other languages to the extent of proper names and short, universally known maxims.

DeletedUser4169

and the place where they usually write a request for help is the player's profile

Hazel Caballus

In their private chats and messages they can do everything they want, but for "common" parts of the game they have to respect the rules they're already accepted.
This (the first part of the quoted sentence) is not true.

§1 Communication

The following rule applies to all content (posts, profiles, private messages) generated in Elvenar and to each area of the game where players can post their own text or graphics, including the Support system.

• Insulting other players and the use of language in an abusive/offensive context is forbidden.

PrimroseSylvia

My bad, let me clearify: I guess that if an italian (just to make an example) speaking fellowship starts a circular message speaking their language, without involving "external" players who could have an hard time understanding what is going on, yes, it's basically a rule violation but doesn't hurt anyone because it's "confined". If one of these italian player starts sending messages in italian to their neighborhood, it's a definitely and clearly a rule violation because it involves a "public" area... Hope this makes more sense :)

Dorfl the Clay

I think @Mariah was referring specifically to the terms players use in their city names, to indicate which NB they would like... but since there are soo many players on beta with different nationalities, a list would almost always be incomplete.. using Google translator is probably easier! :cool:

The Fairy

I really don't understand why it is a problem when helping others that you don't understand which kind of help they prefer? I mean, if they don't communicate in a language you know then give them whatever you want. You get the same reward (coins and maybe supplies) regardless if you gave the help that was wanted or not. Those who don't communicate in a language you know may get the wrong help, but that is their problem as I see it.

Bor de Wolf 1965

As said before, I don't read the message in their town name I just mesh some buttons.
And I will go for the Builder/worker first for 10% on a 2 day building time is 4:48 and that is a very good first target to help on for you only have 5 maximum.
And then I would go for the culture buildings, for I know players can get more gold/hammers and even unurium due to better culture levels.
(and yes the valorian seal tower gives more unurium if the houses give more money)
and only the last option would by city hall

So this entire discussion would be pointless if all players keep doing the same sequence on pressing the right (more logical) buttons.

Dorfl the Clay

So this entire discussion would be pointless if all players keep doing the same sequence on pressing the right (more logical) buttons.
Whatever is the most logical for you, might not be so selfevidant for others... so being able to indicate a preference is a good thing.. if others take notice of that (in any language) is an entirely different issue. I aways try to comply, providing I understand the request

Lushette

If I understand it, I give it. If I dont, I default to the BH/C/MH scenario. If someone wants to give what is asked for and its in a language they dont understand then they can find out what is asked for by using google translate. However, if its in the short form as I typed above, then you are out of luck. To be honest, as long as your fellowship mates give you what you ask for, the rest is just a wee bonus so I wouldnt sweat it.

Laurelin-Beta

As said before, I don't read the message in their town name I just mesh some buttons.
But surely it takes hardly any longer - on either PC or mobile - to read a few [usually pretty standard] abbreviations? And it's [more] helpful for the player you're visiting, not only yourself? It actually considerably irritates me that I can spend the extra 0.5 of a second to read a player's preferences (or to remember them, which isn't difficult once you've visited the same person a dozen or more times...) but some others, who I know very well are in-game an awful lot of the time just based on their activity levels (or personal knowledge!) won't do the same in return.

Neighbourly Help should be mutually beneficial where possible, I think? Where players persistently donate Coins every day, month after month, despite my asking them not to, I almost wish they wouldn't even visit at all... it's clear that they're interested only in their own Coins & Supplies earned. Strikes me as selfish.

In particular, it drives me mad when Cities which themselves ask for Culture or BH - and sometimes even those which ask for MH last, or say 'No Coins Please' - still just drop Coins on my MH every day, when my City is clearly called [something like] 'BH - Culture - MH Last'. I even alter this, occasionally, in the [usually vain] hope that the Coins-droppers might notice it's changed and actually read/follow my preferences... /sigh.

Elvenar relies a fair bit on a useful level of returned NH, and many players - I've been one of them - get stuck in Map wildernesses and their FS may or may not be able to provide enough returned NH. Extra Coins are of no actual use to me at all... my City relies upon maintaining high Culture Bonus, all the time - as the game itself recommends! - and at my in-game stage on Live (Ch.13 Amuni) a reduction in Builders' time is also useful - but MH Coins, not at all. I just waste them stockpiling even more Goods I don't need in the Wholesaler (I don't buy KPs outside of Events).

And I will go for the Builder/worker first for 10% on a 2 day building time is 4:48 and that is a very good first target to help on for you only have 5 maximum.
Not useful at all for an early City - who also need help! - perhaps more so, if they're not in an active FS - and of course they have only 2 Builders as well, before buying any more. They DO need Coins, almost always - lots of them - due to the new Tech Tree and the removal/alteration (I think?) of the repeating/cycling Coins & Supplies Chapter Quests from the early game for those who have that new setup. The seem very Coins-starved.

and only the last option would by city hall
Again - it's the best for most early-game Cities, especially those of [genuinely] new players who may well not yet understand Culture Bonus etc.

To be fair - in the view of players who NEED and value MH Coins donations - that would be MH first, wouldn't it? Not all players think or play alike.

Whatever is the most logical for you, might not be so selfevidant for others... so being able to indicate a preference is a good thing.. if others take notice of that (in any language) is an entirely different issue. I aways try to comply, providing I understand the request
^ In short - this - and I also always try to comply with whatever NH request each City may have... including paying more attention during Events & FAs in particular, when quite a few players temporarily change their NH preference to Coins. Again, though, I don't - I make far more Coins from my EE-supported Culture Bonus (and Supplies, of course) - so where players take it upon themselves to assume that everyone wants MH Coins during Events & FAs, regardless of City Name NH preference, I do get rather annoyed. They get the same reward - I don't.

Oh, and on a side-note - I actually wrote a quick Inbox Message to a Neighbour City of mine on Live, which had the City Name 'Pla-Scr-MD', because I really tried to work out what this meant in terms of BH, C, or MH (in another language, I thought?)... until I realised it was obviously a City belonging to a player with several more, and it's short for 'Planks-Scrolls-Magic Dust', which are its Boosts! I never got a reply anyway... oh well :D

NB : All this said - while the Beta Server rules state the English is the Beta language, I would guess that many Beta players don't even know this...? When I joined Beta, there was no popup or similar message of any kind, indicating that I should refrain from using any language but English.