• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Answered Need to report a player in the us server

eleutheria

Sorry to come to this forum, but for some reason, I can't register for the forum in the us server, it keeps rejecting the password that it accepts when I log into the game. Well . .. a player was joking about his dog 'ripping up' cats and I was shocked and horrified. What made it worse was no one else in chat called him out. I announced I was leaving the fellowship, why I was, and left. I didn't get a screenshot of the chat. How can I report him? I don't think that laughing about killing a cat is something that should be allowed in this game. It's psychopathic! So what should I do? BTW, the last time I had to change my password, I almost lost my account.

Astram

FYI you can send a ticket to support from the US server account for your forum issues. But, I am afraid that not much can be done in this case. I am sure if the person was confronted it would be "I was joking" as an excuse or response

Bor de Wolf 1965

We had that discussion already on the NL forums and nothing can be done except removing that player from the FS.
And as you reported, you left the FS be course of it, good for you.

Lelanya

Also.
There is a 30 minute delay from the time that you register a Forum account until you can use it. I do not not know  why this has to be a mystery, but there you have it. If you try to log in 3 times and fail to do so, the account gets locked, and Support may need to unlock it.

If the creepy former fellow writes you, you can report and block him, by using the red 'i' in the mail window. Best of luck to you in finding a new fellowship.

eleutheria

We had that discussion already on the NL forums and nothing can be done except removing that player from the FS.
And as you reported, you left the FS be course of it, good for you.
It's really put me off the game entirely. Because it's not funny, it's not a joke, and it's not suitable to be in a game. I love this game, but if this sort of stuff is allowed, maybe I should delete my accounts.

eleutheria

Also.
There is a 30 minute delay from the time that you register a Forum account until you can use it. I do not not know  why this has to be a mystery, but there you have it. If you try to log in 3 times and fail to do so, the account gets locked, and Support may need to unlock it.

If the creepy former fellow writes you, you can report and block him, by using the red 'i' in the mail window. Best of luck to you in finding a new fellowship.
Well, I may quit the game entirely. If this sort of chat is allowed, I don't want to be a part of it. And from what I'm learning, really nasty and horrible attacks and violent content is not only condoned, but encouraged.

eleutheria

FYI you can send a ticket to support from the US server account for your forum issues. But, I am afraid that not much can be done in this case. I am sure if the person was confronted it would be "I was joking" as an excuse or response
Killing someone's pets is not a joke.

Bor de Wolf 1965

I agree 100% with you.
I have 2 cat's my self and would damage the person that harm's them beond any form of repair.
But the only thing you can do and already did is reporting this kind of behaviour.

Dorfl the Clay

And from what I'm learning, really nasty and horrible attacks and violent content is not only condoned, but encouraged.
By who? If you mean by the other members of that fellowship, you are definately in the wrong FS! Apart from that, I have never encountered that kind of language being condoned or ecouraged!

Lushette

As it happened within the fellowship chat its the responsibility of the AM to deal with it. Unfortunately they may allow this sort of talk so there is only one option and that is to leave that group and find a different one. Dont leave the game just because of that, just find a new group which better suits your temperament :)

The Evenstar

Community Manager
Can we ask that you report this player to the relevant support team please @eleutheria you can do this easily by clicking onto the question mark (?) on the log in screen or from the lower right cogwheel in your game.
This will allow the support team to investigate and take any appropriate action as this is indeed a breach of our Game Rules.

PrimroseSylvia

Can we ask that you report this player to the relevant support team please @eleutheria you can do this easily by clicking onto the question mark (?) on the log in screen or from the lower right cogwheel in your game.
This will allow the support team to investigate and take any appropriate action as this is indeed a breach of our Game Rules.

Interesting; since when is it possible to make a chat report?

What made it worse was no one else in chat called him out.

Edit: plus, someone else (BTW @Astram it's nice to see you around here!) has already answered

Last edited:

The Evenstar

Community Manager
We have always been open to receiving information regarding breaches of Game Rules in support, regardless of where the violation takes place. Ideally the report should contain screenshot/s to prevent this being hearsay. Every report that can be seen and proven (hence the screenshot for chat) will be handled by support, even if we cannot discuss this further with the reporting player/s.

PrimroseSylvia

Ideally the report should contain screenshot/s to prevent this being hearsay. Every report that can be seen and proven (hence the screenshot for chat)

Interesting once again, because in another Elvenar forum players were told by the Community Manager that screenshots cannot be considered proves because they can be manipulated; indeed it has been asked several times to be able to report chat messages as already possible in other Innogames games (The West, is the best example).

Last edited by a moderator:

Kersepitje

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Can I ask, what do you hope to gain by reporting the player?
I think your message was clear to your AM, the way i see it, its up to the AM to decide if he wants to act against this player or not.
Fellowships are a choise, and nobody forces anyone to join a certain Fellowship. So I'm afraid there's nothing support will be able to do about it.
For me it feels like we have no authority to enforce anything in these cases.

What's offensive to one might be totally not offensive to another. A FS might be full of supporters of any genocide and still they have their right to talk about it. That's why a FS and its chat is a choice. Its not like its a global chat where everyone reads it, that would be a total different case.

Also to report something you do this via the ? ingame, there is no need to have a forum account for it, as the Evenstar said.

Last edited:

The Evenstar

Community Manager
We are aware that some games have different abilities regarding reporting content. This should not however dissuade players from letting support know when there are issues that are breaching our Game Rules and this is covered quite clearly within them (Rule 9 asks all Game Rule breaches to be reported to support). Whilst it is indeed possible to manipulate these things, it would still not prevent support from investigating and taking appropriate action.