• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Answered Need help - Fairy chapter vs population

SirSmithy

Hi Everyone,

I have some doubts with my live city (Server: HU1). I am in Fairies chapter about 7 days ago, currently working on the settlement. I wanted to plan the city in advance, so I can start build/upgrade as soon as I have the techs unlocked.
I just calculated, that if I want to upgrade all the existing manus, factories, armouries, etc. to the chapter's max. level, then I will need 14730 population from now. If I update my 39 houses then I'll get 39*70 pop, which is 2730. So I'm lacking 12000 pop, which is 18 houses. I have on the tech tree 4 expansions left. On the world map I am far advanced with scouting and winning the territories (how it is called) as the chapter requires. Basically 18 houses requires 8 expansions.

Now the stats of my citiy:

39 houses, 1 premium house (dwarven chapter)
8 factories
4 planks manus
5 slik manus
5 gem manus
3 armouries
1 single barrack
Lvl 9 Golden Abbys
Lvl 1 Mountain Hall

And the question... how can I have all the manus, factories, armouries, the barrack and the town hall upgraded to the current maximum? Where will I have place for the AWs?

Can you please recommend me something? Is there any buildings with excessive amount in my city?

Here is the link to my city, if someone has to much time to analyse my situation ;): http://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/80dfd24bc19442319d8ca9ec5379ad4f/

Many thanks in advance, Smithy

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I've just finished the Fairies chapter on Live with one of my accounts and am also short on population. Have already upgrade all my 45 houses to level 19 (Elf, only get 550 pop.) and could only upgrade 6 out of 10 T1 factories to Level 16. All other factories (6x T2 & T3) are still on Level 15 (pre-Dwarves era) and Workshops are on Level 17 (Dwarves-era). Had to place some event buildings to get enough pop at all. I'm now building some extra houses just to finish my other T1 factories to level 16. o_O

I will keep everything there and just wrestle through the Orcs chapter (it's such a slow chapter :(). Hopefully upgrading houses to Orcs-style will give me enough population to upgrade the other factories.

In Elemental chapter I've sold a lot of houses because I had such a surplus of population, even with everything upgraded to max level. :eek:

So it will get better, just not right away. :p

Heymrdiedier

im also in the progress of completing fairies chapter with 1 of my accounts (3 kp to go on wonder tech).
I had no trouble with population untill they did the event building nerf, but the magical house made up for most of that.

My suggestion, you have too much tier 3 factories, and others maybe aswell.
I would go for about 40 squares of T3 factory, about 60 for T2 factories and about 80-100 for T1 factories. Depending on your size of each factory. I think that would mean for you 2 gems, 3 silk, and 5 wood manufactories.
The room you save by having less factories can be filled then with extra houses.

That is my personal opinion, maybe im wrong with the manufactories amount, it all depends on how much tournament, FA you do and thus how much goods you need.

1 note tho, in orc chapter your houses become a lot larger, so most people need to trash some houses in the orc chapter. So you might consider just trying to rush through the chapter without upgrading anything, so you dont have to trash houses you just build.

Most people need a lot of small factories in the very eary ages, but when they grow larger, most people just wanna upgrade them all. That isnt really needed, you could just upgrade till your new sized factories are about the same size in squares as they were before you started upgrading. this means you can remove some of the smaller factories.

SirSmithy

im also in the progress of completing fairies chapter with 1 of my accounts (3 kp to go on wonder tech).

1 note tho, in orc chapter your houses become a lot larger, so most people need to trash some houses in the orc chapter. So you might consider just trying to rush through the chapter without upgrading anything, so you dont have to trash houses you just build.

hm, that's a good point. Thanks. I guess, I will upgrade all the houses and then the most important stuffs.

Arayla

40 squares of T3 factory, about 60 for T2 factories and about 80-100 for T1 factories. Depending on your size of each factory. I think that would mean for you 2 gems, 3 silk, and 5 wood manufactories.
I agree with this advice. I also have a city in Fairies (Elf) and have 4 lvl 19 planks, 2 lvl 15 scrolls and 2 lvl 15 dust. I average around 1900 points in each tourney, mostly fighting, but my buildings make enough to cater when I need (um, yes, that would be the scrolls tourney!).

SoggyShorts

I agree that running 5 of each factory is not sustainable without buying many premium expansions. 4,3,2 and then after orcs 3,3,3 is much easier to maintain and should make more than enough for techs and world map negotiating.