• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Nasty Thief in steel tournament

Dony

King of Bugs
Anybody managed to find out proper way to deal with Nasty Thiefs in steel tournament level6 provinces when they were 3 and more?
I play elf, dont have orc warriors yet, i found this the hardest combo to deal with on bad maps.

Edit: should be steel in title

Last edited:

CrazyWizard

On my main my standard unit mix for the last tournament (wasnt it steel?) was a combination of golem, archers and sorceress.

A map with 3 thiefs I usually ended up with 1 archer (to tank those pesky heavy units) 2 sorceres (to make it immune, which is blocked on beta now) and 2 golems (to dash out some quick damage to the thiefs. those golems always on position 4 and 5 (since the thiefs are uaually on the end as well)

round 1: archer runs out of range of thorn mage thing or attacks heads on (depends on the map) similar strategy for sorceress, the thieves attack and you move in your golems for the attack.

Next round you run back out of range of the heavy melee and attack with your sorceres the 2 biggest thief threads (sometimes you can move outside range of 3rd)
You get your ass kicked but will live and your golems move in for anouther round of damage dashing.

at the 3rd round there usually down and at the 4th you start focussing on thos pesky heavy range units.

Most times those fights were easy to win (for me)
But remember I still had normal DR, instead of the hampered one on beta.

Dony

King of Bugs
so you ignored thorn mage if you could not kill it in first round and focused on thiefs, and after thiefs were dead you killed thorn mage?

CrazyWizard

No, those mages cant be left unchecked, so sometimes you avoid them in round 1, so you can strike him with your archer in round 2.
If you leave them unchecked your dead meat, but sometimes you are forced to leave the hampered one unchecked for a while just to survive the onslaught of the other monsteres, you have to use some common sense to decide what your best option is.

also, if your archer runs out of range, he moves and you can damage them with your sorceress instead.

Dony

King of Bugs
i need atleast 2 hits to kill thorn mage, if they are 2, thats 4 hits already, and with 3+ squads of thiefs with 400+ in each squad i run to risk that they will attack 1 of my squad and almost kill it in first round
if i wait back and let thorn mages come closer, in next round i need to deal with atleast 1-2 squads of thiefs and thron mage/mages
my problem was that even if i focused on 1 squad of thiefs with all my units i couldnt manage to kill it in 2 rounds (10 hits), even if it was really close to dead, in next turn i had to deal with 2+ full squads of new thiefs + mages, im not even mentioning other slow units
if i debuffed all mages and thiefs, thiefs were still doing a lot of damage to golems/achrers/sorcs
i even tried with treants in front and golems behind but thiefs can still manage to run around of treants and attack my cannon fodder
on bad map without obstacles it was my main issue

CrazyWizard

400+? I thought we were talking about tournament?

I presume now that we are talking about the world map, so start with a picture overvieuw of the map please.