• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Multiple Brown bears & fire phoenix

Dl. Goe

I would like to hear opinions whether it is fair or not to allow a few people using multiple brown bears and fire phoenix (it doesn’t even have a plural, as far as I know), while the majority of players is strictly forbidden from acquiring multiple such items.

Please, don’t use this thread as a voting pool, because it is not; instead you may/should use your own arguments/reasoning for your opinion.

Thank you,

Mihai

Enevhar Aldarion

I don't care if someone has more than one of any of the buildings that can be fed, but I feel the feeding effect should not stack, meaning feeding two Fire Phoenix still only gets you +50%, not +100%, and so on.

edeba

It would have been nice to have seen the base limit be 2 instead of 1, especially with all the extra artifacts. I would prefer the option to build 2 of an evolving building I like and want rather then having full sets of artifacts sitting in storage.

There is no question that a fire phoenix is as powerful as something like 5 fully upgraded AWs and doesn't do anything to your squad size or catering costs. I think people should be allowed to acquire second bases. I'd just ignore that some players have more than 2.

CrazyWizard

I would like to hear opinions whether it is fair or not to allow a few people using multiple brown bears and fire phoenix (it doesn’t even have a plural, as far as I know), while the majority of players is strictly forbidden from acquiring multiple such items.

Please, don’t use this thread as a voting pool, because it is not; instead you may/should use your own arguments/reasoning for your opinion.

Thank you,

Mihai
Nobody is strickly forbidden,

It's very simple they need something to feed to the whales (you know the players that allow you to play they game because they spend tons of money in the game)
If there is nothing to gain, those players will never pay a ton of money for an event.
For example for that second fire phoenix, those players pays 200 euro/dollar/pounds or more.

People with 2 fire, storm and golden phoenix spend 500 or more.

for those players are multiple bases inside the game. usually they spend that kind of money on every event.

Enevhar Aldarion

I don’t understand why you say so…if you know a way one could get a new base, please share with us.

A couple of them have been offered for real money in the sales that revolve around the US holiday of Thanksgiving. but otherwise never in-game once the event was over. When the next Phoenix event starts, we will know if Inno is crazy enough to make the original three available again, so that people can have more than one. Even then, a 2nd Storm or Aureate would be nothing, it is getting more than one Fire that is the game breaker. Even Brown Bear is minor when compared to lots of bonus damage.

ayvinul

If I remember right, back then, the events had an infinite quest list. So those players with multiple bases didn't necessarily spend money for the bases. After you had the 9 artefacts, you got a new set of bases, ad infinitum. Someone motivated enough could have spent a lot of time boosts to rush through a second set of quests.

I wasn't there at the time, but I definitely gamed the system over one of the next events: didn't spend any event currency, and then splurged it all on the day the prize was the wishing well. On my live cities, I still have wishing wells in storage, ready to go.

(I didn't do the same trick on the next event, which I should have... little did I know that Innogames was going to remove the wishing wells from the prize list, permanently).

That said, fire phoenix definitely needs feeding, so you're limited to the number of pet foods you can craft...

but people with several phoenices have been playing a long time... they can very well be in the end game, with a time warp at insane level, which means that they can probably feed all their fire phoenices once... do all their rounds, ascend through the full spire with time boosts, and be done for the week.

there's one point where you have to leave people a bit of leeway for optimization, and also reward people who have been at this for long, in my opinion.

Karvest

infinite quests was only for bears. to get second fire phoenix on live servers you had to pay $$$

CrazyWizard

A couple of them have been offered for real money in the sales that revolve around the US holiday of Thanksgiving. but otherwise never in-game once the event was over. When the next Phoenix event starts, we will know if Inno is crazy enough to make the original three available again, so that people can have more than one. Even then, a 2nd Storm or Aureate would be nothing, it is getting more than one Fire that is the game breaker. Even Brown Bear is minor when compared to lots of bonus damage.

Is it gamebreaking?
You can throw diamonds at the crafter for combat boosters. which do pretty much the same.
The disadvantage is off course that it's a recurring spending instead of a 1 time very expensive purchase.

infinite quests was only for bears. to get second fire phoenix on live servers you had to pay $$$
And you had to pay a lot, I dont think free diamonds was a thing at that time. all was paid for.
I think wishing wells dayprize came after that event. and even then it was only 10 diamonds not 25.

Dl. Goe

You can throw diamonds at the crafter
I’m glad you didn’t advice to buy each fight with diamonds….that’s an option too :)
combat boosters do pretty much the same
agree, but only if you use a couple of them instead of a phoenix; and only for two units...while I guess, for someone with multiple birds, the gamechanger units are the heavy-ranged; am I wrong?

Last edited:

Shereana

Well, always want to ask another question: how to make it fair?

As it was stated earlier, one could buy building for real money. Should INNO make selling of this building permanent (since selling doesn't look at what you already have)? Is someone really thinking that it would solve the issue and wouldn't lead to the same situation on grander scale (probably, with adjusting tournament once again)? Then we do have to ask, if it is fair to pay 10% of income or 0.0001% of income? So, price can't be fair, everyone has her/his own salary. And so on.

Situation may seem (or even be) unfair, but what solution will lead to fair situation?
If there is no fair solution, then, probably, it is better not to touch it, because one day we may wake up in even less fair game (at least we would judge it so).

SoggyShorts

Since ranking doesn't have any effect on a city I couldn't care less what 0.001% of players have.
Now if it was a significant number of players like 10% then it would be an issue because the developers would balance challenges for everyone based on the few.

As is, I totally support letting a handful of players pay $$$ to get a third Fire phoenix or whatever.
The bears are slightly different since afaik you could get them for free but again, I don't really care since those very few players love them very much and keep the game running.

Bor de Wolf 1965

The only moment you really want to use a brown bear is: if you have a lot of time boosters up to 2h and a lot of instant supplies.
That way you feed the bear and start producing all the troops you need in any of the 3 troop production buildings.
After you have done it a couple times you are stuck with 700+ troops of any type so you can start doing normal productions again and you are starving the bears.

On the fire chicken, that is an other story. you will use it every week one till three times depending on your timewarp level and they do a lot for your tournament/tower runs.
If I could have 2 of them, yes I would use them both but no I won't pay about €80.00 just to get 1 + 9x the artefact for it. (about 13040 diamonds needed)

Bor de Wolf 1965

On a Dutch server I have seen a couple offers for an evolving event building including the artefacts.
800 for the base and 1360 for 1 artefact so 800 + 1360*9= 13040

CrazyWizard

The only moment you really want to use a brown bear is: if you have a lot of time boosters up to 2h and a lot of instant supplies.
That way you feed the bear and start producing all the troops you need in any of the 3 troop production buildings.
After you have done it a couple times you are stuck with 700+ troops of any type so you can start doing normal productions again and you are starving the bears.

On the fire chicken, that is an other story. you will use it every week one till three times depending on your timewarp level and they do a lot for your tournament/tower runs.
If I could have 2 of them, yes I would use them both but no I won't pay about €80.00 just to get 1 + 9x the artefact for it. (about 13040 diamonds needed)
Yeah but those with 2+ chickens spend a lot more than €80, a lot lot more

Dorfl the Clay

whether it is fair or not to allow a few people using multiple brown bears and fire phoenix
Fair doesnt come into it... If Inno provides the possibility (which is for every player!), why not use it? And as for players that spend real money on Elvenar: remember they are the ones that make it possible for you to play for free!

King Luckybaby

It's a pity we can't get multiple bases

In the past - 2018 - I always looked at the big cities
There were many magical buildings :eek:
That costs a lot of money

At the events – 2x or 3x fire phoenix or brown bear :eek:
Money brought a great benefit

Today - you win the magic buildings – with a bit of luck – in the Spire – for FREE !!! :)

The spire
There are artifacts
The Magic Academy brings recipes for an artifact
All well and good - if you could also get more bases
So the Spire is – actually – almost uninteresting
The possibility - to get more bases - that would be good

The spire
For 6 weeks - Artifacts for "X"
Then there should also be the recipe for the base "X" in the Magic Academy
If we have this base or not !!!
Everyone could decide - what to set up
And then - we would have a use for one or the other artifact

Dl. Goe

Fair doesnt come into it if Inno provides the possibility for every player
I agree 100% with what you have said, but I don’t consider we are in this situation….we are talking about some events that took place years ago, meanwhile a lot of people join the game; did they have any chance to acquire multiple bases?
And even if we talk about players that were registered at that time….some of them were in early chapters when usually people concentrate more on evolving and less so on tournaments, others could be on vacation, etc.

Dorfl the Clay

we are talking about some events that took place years ago, meanwhile a lot of people join the game; did they have any chance to acquire multiple bases? And even if we talk about players that were registered at that time….some of them were in early chapters when usually people concentrate more on evolving and less so on tournaments, others could be on vacation, etc.
Surely you don't mean that every building and/ or reward should always be (and indefinitely stay) available for every player, no matter when they started playing and/or how much (or little) time and/or effort and/or money they invested in the game???