• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Answered Moved to a worse place on the map: Bug or not?

Earwen1

Quote from the system message:

Your city has been moved to better position on the World Map. Your World Map progress is not affected by this. You now have new active neighbors and more active trading partners.

Your Elvenar Team

This was last Monday morning.
And now I find my little town surrounded by black holes everywhere!
Not sure: is this an error? A bug? Or what else went wrong?

world map beta 2020-10-06_200845.jpg zwarte gaten Firefox_Screenshot_2020-10-07T10-11-12.435Z.png

I know I can opt-out when I don't want to be moved, but I would like to.
I just don't like to be moved to a place that seems worse then the one I was before.

SoggyShorts

AFAIK the algo moves active players closer to the center of the map, so when they run it again those spots should fill up with better neighbors.

Earwen1

Thats what I had expected, reason to wait for 3 days before starting to ask about this. But all I have is even more emptiness and hardly anyone to trade with.

Dony

King of Bugs
I dont think this system checks how many active neighbors you have and compare it to the new location where you will end up. In a long run getting closer to the center of the map should be better because everybody else will be moved there eventually

Lelanya

It's happened to me. It took 2 years but I got moved again, and now I'm in a great location. I defo unchecked 'allow automatic movement'.

Deleted User - 88527

I started my city in beta about 10 weeks ago. I was moved 3 times in 8 weeks. Each time the trader had lots of activity.

Being a new city, I stayed on the edge of the map. When I found a spot that didn't have any of my fs members nearby, I deselected the option to move.

I think the algorithm is working better here than on the live worlds I play.

SoggyShorts

When I found a spot that didn't have any of my fs members nearby, I deselected the option to move.
There is absolutely no reason to be near your FS members. The whole advantage of FS members is that you can trade/visit with them no matter where they are on the map- in fact, being near a FS member is bad because they are then taking up a spot that another active player could be in.

Deleted User - 88527

There is absolutely no reason to be near your FS members. The whole advantage of FS members is that you can trade/visit with them no matter where they are on the map- in fact, being near a FS member is bad because they are then taking up a spot that another active player could be in.

Not sure of your point? I moved until I was put in a spot that did not have any fs members nearby, so I agree with your advice.

SoggyShorts

Not sure of your point? I moved until I was put in a spot that did not have any fs members nearby, so I agree with your advice.
I just meant that it's working and I didn't understand why this made you turn it off.
I generally don't understand why anyone turns the move feature off- unless you like your neighbors and know for a fact that they also have it turned off, I don't see the benefit. I've seen too many players get left behind during a major inactive sweep when all of their active neighbors got moved towards the center.