• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

World Map More scouts

DeletedUser1362

I was thinking

The bigger the map the longer it takes to scout it
So why not make more scouts?

+1 scout for each advanced scouts technology?

Brummbaer

Good idea, I think a second scout would be very helpful. My scouting time is about 2 days for a province.

DeletedUser

Could you explain why you would be against this idea, @superalexandre9 ? :)
With pleasure Lauwi :)

I have not much to say, except that having several scouts would become a little easy. And then it would not serve much, because more the players rise in technologies, more the buildings are expensive, and they will have less money (so they pay less scouts).

DeletedUser1362

i dont agree,
yes everything is getting more and more expensive
BUT with rightfull managment of ur city ucan save tons of coins and therefor will be able to pay for more scouts, plus the more provincional rings u discover the more it takes to discover single province, so it wont be that easy

DeletedUser867

Plus, you'll only use your scout maybe once a week, so why ever would you want to feed more than one?

DeletedUser283

I don not think I need more scouts...
it takes me several days now to take a distance 8 province, because opponents are many and strong.
last weekend, I cleared a province and started scouting further (25 hours ! you guys serious ?)
at the end of the day I had recovered the entire cost and my coins storage was full;
if you wish to clear 1 province a day, then you have to resort to negotiation, which is highly resource-intensive ;)
(I do not believe in negotiating encounters, I only do it if there is no other solution - i. e. opponents cannot be defeated)

DeletedUser199

Totally in favour of this proposal.:)

When you are in endgame everything is very slow and takes a lot of time. So most of us don't have anything to do. :( Like Brummbaer I have to wait more than 2 days until the next province is scouted. I clear it immediately and have to wait another 2 days for the next province!:mad:

I try to fill my large spare time in the game, doing repeatable quests and so I could manage to pay another scout. Otherwise there is nothing more to do in the game. So if there were 3 or 4 scouts available, I would not mind.:rolleyes:

Still there is another major problem with scouting. As the scouting costs rise steadily, soon there won't be any possibility to pay the scouting costs.

In my case, they start from 3.200 up to 5.700. And our Main Building only allows a Maximum of 4.400 coins!:(

DeletedUser778

In the past I was always for more scouts too.
But with monitoring alot of province data right now. I think it is uneccesary.
The last 4 provinces I scouted/conquered were avg. in ring 11,5 with an avg. scouting time of 48,5 hours, avg. negotian costs for the whole province of 52k per tier, but I fought 5 encounters in avg. succesfully, so remaining negotiation costs of around 20k per tier, my avg. lost troops took 46,2 hours of training (some troop losses were avoidable though, because I lost some squads trying hard to fight 2 encounters that I negotiated in the end)
On an active day I produce around 20k goods per tier, a little bit more on very active days and a good bunch less on not so active days. (And I think I'm really close to the possible maximum without premium buildings and quest dependence)
So with a second scout I would probably run out of troops and/or goods in the future and I think it would frustrate me more to wait for troops/goods, before I can conquer another province, then it is now with waiting 2 days for the scout, but being able to do the province smooth after scouting, without worrying about something.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser199

I'm worrying only about what to do the whole time?;)

No constructing, no scouting, no fighting (negotiating).:(

Should I start to produce supplies in 5 -minutes-cycles?:confused:
Or visit each and everyone of my 138 discovered neighbours + 24 fellows (+ about 100 neighbours/fellows on my regional server) - receiving help from only 10 of them:(.

Or look for another online game which keeps me busy?:(:(:(

DeletedUser

Or do as I did: start on 2 new servers in parallel, on top of Beta1, and keep up will all 3...
I guaranty that will keep you busy xD