• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

More possibilities to negotiate

DeletedUser2836

I welcome all these new mechanics and alternatives to make the game more diverse and entertaining, but Elvenar has been quite unfair recently to the people who like me, rely on negotiations instead of fights to play. The phoenix event introduced a game changer building with the Fire one, which instantainely increased the tournaments average scores in a drastic manner. But for the people who doesn't fight there wasn't a comparable phoenix for their playstyle, lets say, a Green phoenix that decreased the negotiations costs -30% -let alone -50%- for 10 hours, instead we were given the aureate one that gives you a small handful of goods for a couple of hours in which you have to be highly dependant because you only have a margin of 29:59 minutes to reutilise your factories at least once, in contrast with the vast margin of time to use that gives the fire phoenix. Now we have the Spire of Eternity that adds a nice new individual side of the game, but again I struggle with the negotiations limitations in those encounters which negotiation is not enabled. I dont mind to pay a ridiculously high amount of goods if its needed, its just that I dont have the possibility to do it.

DeletedUser

Great suggestion. I like this @Drea but the green phoenix I think I asked for defense but we can change that to a silver phoenix to make it look like it's wearing armor. It would be nice if it could also affect our maps.

Dony

King of Bugs
but Elvenar has been quite unfair recently to the people who like me, rely on negotiations instead of fights to play
it actually even it out now, fighter has only 1 queue, while negotiator can have city full of manufactories + enchantments

DeletedUser

Want to add more to this, maybe this one can offer tier 2 goods and other goodies when evolved. AW kps?

DeletedUser

@Dony it's still pretty expensive. I have been waiting for the challenge to use mm spells and my storm and aureate. I just blew through 20k in marble alone in the provinces I just finished. A reduction would have been nice for a few of these.

DeletedUser

Everyone gets the same boosts. Currently, I'm not doing tournaments because they are expensive. If something like this could reduce a few encounters maybe I'd jump in and out of fellowships to compete in tourneys that I am desperate for relics. Maybe tournaments could also go back to neighborhood tournaments and I wouldn't need to join a fellowship. Yeah baby.

Right now I have 4 steel relics, that's right 4. Will be down to 3 upgrading my tome. If we had a green phoenix that would allow me to reduce the cost of a steel tournament to get more, I would do that in a heartbeat. This is one of the best suggestions I've seen.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lovec Krys

it actually even it out now, fighter has only 1 queue, while negotiator can have city full of manufactories + enchantments
Yes, and that's why almost all tournaments players are fighting before cattering.
Maybe you're forgetting about other temporary military buildings, which allows to get points over 10k from time to time for some players. I haven't seen these scores before crafting & phoenix was introduced, and cities with all expansions full of manufactories were present.
So no, this wouldn't hurt since the prices in high rounds and provinces are insane, so even with +50% boost, you still wouldn't beat players with 10+ temp. military buildings.

Dony

King of Bugs
you already got insane set buildings which gives more goods then enough and surprisingly zero units for fighters

DeletedUser

I have suggested a defense phoenix for fighters (we know how that went) and this gives something for people who like to negotiate/cater. Everyone still can get those set buildings. It's a preference.

But I do think this should also be for normal provinces on the map too. How I select which provinces I scount and how many I do at once, would be very helpful to reduce some of the middle encounters.

DeletedUser2836

you already got insane set buildings which gives more goods then enough and surprisingly zero units for fighters
Fire phoenix, temporary military enhancing buildings, Grounds of the Orc Strategist and Vallorian Valors in the magic academy... There is a reason why not many months ago the tournament's average scores of the top 3 was between 6k-8k and today the new normal is +10k points every week. But for the negotiators/cater people this big boost never came.

DeletedUser2003

Fire phoenix, temporary military enhancing buildings, Grounds of the Orc Strategist and Vallorian Valors in the magic academy... There is a reason why not many months ago the tournament's average scores of the top 3 was between 6k-8k and today the new normal is +10k points every week. But for the negotiators/cater people this big boost never came.
I am curious (not being sarcastic) but have you personally written/interviewed those players with those scores to ask what method they use to gain those scores (always/mostly fight, pretty much 50/50 fight/negotiate, or alway/mostly negotiate)? The top contributor in my Beta FS (consistantly averages over 5K per tourney) responded "I negotiate everything" when asked how he did it week after week. In other FSs, the top players (besides myself a "mostly fighter") are always posting in chat "out of [whatever good] for tourney if anyone can take my trades." As mentioned, I'm a fighter, and without using up serious time boosts, my Fire Phoenix (level 10), 3 Gounds of the Orc Strategists, 2 Vallorian Valors and maxed Barracks, Training Grounds and Merc Camp can't get me more than 5K points more than once a month unless I change my strategy to 50/50 fight negotiate or something similar.. :oops:

DeletedUser2836

I am curious (not being sarcastic) but have you personally written/interviewed those players with those scores to ask what method they use to gain those scores (always/mostly fight, pretty much 50/50 fight/negotiate, or alway/mostly negotiate)? The top contributor in my Beta FS (consistantly averages over 5K per tourney) responded "I negotiate everything" when asked how he did it week after week. In other FSs, the top players (besides myself a "mostly fighter") are always posting in chat "out of [whatever good] for tourney if anyone can take my trades." As mentioned, I'm a fighter, and without using up serious time boosts, my Fire Phoenix (level 10), 3 Gounds of the Orc Strategists, 2 Vallorian Valors and maxed Barracks, Training Grounds and Merc Camp can't get me more than 5K points more than once a month unless I change my strategy to 50/50 fight negotiate or something similar.. :oops:
The tournaments top scorers from my server has been the same ones for a while. They are mostly in the same fellowship and have the same tournament strategy aswell. Until last november they usually made 7k the 1º, 8k with a lot of effort. The 2º and 3º were around 6k. They made these points in a hybrid way, both fighting and negotiating. Today they makes around 10k points almost every week and sometimes even more. They have the same 6 factories of each Tier like always, the difference is that now their cities are plagged with an average of 10-12 grounds of orc strategists, 5-6 vallorian valors, the fire phoenix lvl. 10 and constantly uses temporary military buildings from the academy's crafting. You will see that they negotiates in the same way as always, but the +3k/4k points boost came from new military alternatives that wasnt there before, and the people who doesnt fight got screwed with this.

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

@Drea do those tournament champs have any set buildings?
My set buildings are giving me more goods than 13 factories would.

Also non_Fighters didn't get screwed at all, they can still fight if they want. If they chose the wrong Phoenix they may have screwed themselves a bit tho.

Dony

King of Bugs
and now you can name all the sources of how to get goods, it will be pretty damn long list
apart from that fighters still dominated tournament and still will be, there is no other way around this if they have time, which is most precious resource in this game

DeletedUser2632

If you choose to bind one arm in a boxing match, you shouldn't ask for a ultra cyborg bionic arm replacement for your other arm