• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Duplicate More Notifications required. Separate NH from trades

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karvest

The list sorted by last NH would be much better than scrolling over the map trying to remember which neighbors are active.
As for visiting from the map - it would be much more comfy to have a switch in the HUD which would toggle onclick action between NH and visit. Popup menu like in app is annoying when you are doing NH run and not interested in any other options.

Last edited:

little bee

I'm with @Alcaro in this.

In the app version we can give help to all our neighbors on the map, without visiting each city one by one.
Saving us a lot of time. This could be the same for the browsers.
Actually I wonder why this hasn't been made the same from the start.

View attachment 9016
INNO has already said, that they can not implement this on browser because the world map is too large. Apparantly on mobile rhere is only a much smaller map available. For that reason a lot of players have requested a list (like the one for the fellowship) for all neighbors. It would require much less data than implementing fast NH on the entire world map.

Earwen1

Ok.. I must have missed that one then.
Still I think it is a strange explanation: for code doesn't care about the size of a picture or screen.

But ok, better to have a bad excuse than none at all.

Karvest

Implementation via switch in the HUD like I've suggested earlier won't increase the current complexity of the map, it would have the same number of handlers, just simple if-else added. I was even thinking about hotpatching game client on the fly to get fast NH at world map instead of visiting the city, that shouldn't be hard to do.

Lovec Krys

Well, after days/weeks today evening my live market has gone mad and my merchants (probably on drugs with such speed) are returning every few minutes.
As a consequence, my notifictions are made of 4 NH notifications and the rest of the 10 pages are merchant notifications only.

ps: Down to 2 non-merchant notifications now (and out of ignited ingots).

Last edited:

DeletedUser3773

I did my best to read the thread and pertinent links. I will repeat & therefore re-emphasize points that have been made more eloquently than by me. Maybe I will add something new. My nitpiks/wishlist:
  1. Separate list for Neighbourhood vs. FS but in the same style as FS list. You'd think it would be 10 times as long. I'm guessing but does 250 sound right for a very large map? I'm in Orcs so way down the path. Alternatively to a ready made list, create a list from the notifications by adding; literally moving the player to Neighbour list; off of the notification list permanently so they only show on the new list.
  2. Ability to hide or even delete neighbours from the list to narrow it to preferred clients. In the huge list scenario, inactive players and non-reciprocal players would be removed and not show on the list, making your huge list much smaller. In the additive list, most players would stay but you could still hide ones that stopped contributing.
  3. NH from FS players would not show at all in notifications or neighbour list and giving NH to them would be accessed only through the FS icon so the pop up would show the Mh, Bh, & highest C as it does now. Their trades would still show in notifications.
  4. Ability to add previous neighbours if your city was moved, by preference. I can think of 3 or 4 I would like to keep up with. Same with previous FS. I would like certain past FS members to be part of my neighbourhood. I can still give them AW help right now if I track them down or have a message I saved from them. I don't get why we're being limited to the periphery of our city. I guess I would then call the list neighbours & friends.

edeba

With ch18 separating NH from trades becomes more essential...
I didn't see this as necessary but with trade sizes limited, now it is. The solution before small trades were forced was to make bigger trades. Seriously, the number of times I have cleared 10+ identical trades from a person is ridiculous and I completely fail to understand why this practice persists. Some players have 4 or 5 pages of trades and I wonder how it is that they never clue in that it is mostly the same player grabbing them, so bigger trades makes more sense.

When I need a trade, I take the biggest first.

With the merchant, now I have my notifications being overwhelmed with who's taken a trade at the expense of visitors that you could return the visit scrolling off.

Status
Not open for further replies.