• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Battle Modifed auto-fight to speed up tournaments

UlyssesBlue

I'd like to propose a shortcut button for one type of fighting in tournaments, etc, which should speed things up for the majority of fights, and require significantly less clicks to achieve the same thing.

Summary

Essentially this would involve a player defining a 'default' army to be used in fights, which can be subsequently selected with a single button, which both selects that army and starts an auto-fight in one click. If this default is not suitable for a particular battle, or the player wishes to manually fight, they instead select a different button, which is the same as the current 'fight' button, and which would allow them to choose what troops to send, and whether to do a manual or automatic fight. The latter screen could also be used to define their default army.

This suggestion relies on the idea that during a tournament one particular army setup is ideal for the majority of fights, and so instead of selecting that army each time, there's a shortcut that does it in one click. You just have to define that army every now and then.

This suggestion does not change the tournament or battle mechanics, it only creates a shortcut button for a common action.

How it could work:

1. Click on an encounter to bring up a window that looks something like this:
This has the existing cater option (first button), the existing fight option (third button), and a new 'quick fight' option (second button).
In this example the player has already defined their default army. If they don't have enough troops available, or they haven't selected a default army, this option would be greyed out.
fight-suggestion-1.jpg

2. Next they would select one of these buttons to complete the encounter:
Cater: Identical to the existing 'Cater' option.
Quick Fight: Clicking this option will send the chosen troops to battle in an auto-fight, and bring up the usual battle results window.
Custom Fight: Effectively identical to the existing 'Fight' button. Clicking this option will bring up the usual army set-up window, with one minor addition, which would be a button to set the chosen selection of troops as the default army, like below. This would bring up a confirmation window, then return to the army setup window, where you could then fight via one of the first two buttons, or exit back to the previous window.
fight-suggestion-2.jpg

Number of Clicks:

To summarise the options:
If you want to manually fight, you click the exact same buttons as the current system. Number if clicks is the same per encounter.
If you want to auto-fight with a custom army that you choose, you click the exact same buttons as the current system. Number if clicks is the same per encounter.
If you want to 'quick fight', you select your troops and start an auto-fight with 1 click. Compare that to 7 clicks to do the same thing with a custom army of 5 squads under the current system.

As an example, if you completed 10 provinces to 1 star, and 70% of encounters could be quick-fought, then under the current system this would take about 390 clicks. Under this proposed system, it would take about 222 clicks, plus slightly more to define a default army occasionally. This almost halves the number of clicks, which for a big tournament adds up to a large time saving.

How do people feel about this idea?

Last edited:

Avenahar

I agree that often the same combination of troops is necessary for the fights but honestly I often have to rearrange the order in which they have to appear on the battlefield to receive the best result. It depends on which troop stands vis à vis their fitting enemy or is out of range their most dangerous enemy. So same amount of troops but different arrangements make this idea not fitting for my needs.

Arthus

It was reported on other versions successfully to the team 2 years ago without any actions taken, so same things were already proposed.
There's too much clicking in tournament.

CrazyWizard

I'd like to propose a shortcut button for one type of fighting in tournaments, etc, which should speed things up for the majority of fights, and require significantly less clicks to achieve the same thing.

Summary

Essentially this would involve a player defining a 'default' army to be used in fights, which can be subsequently selected with a single button, which both selects that army and starts an auto-fight in one click. If this default is not suitable for a particular battle, or the player wishes to manually fight, they instead select a different button, which is the same as the current 'fight' button, and which would allow them to choose what troops to send, and whether to do a manual or automatic fight. The latter screen could also be used to define their default army.

This suggestion relies on the idea that during a tournament one particular army setup is ideal for the majority of fights, and so instead of selecting that army each time, there's a shortcut that does it in one click. You just have to define that army every now and then.

This suggestion does not change the tournament or battle mechanics, it only creates a shortcut button for a common action.

How it could work:

1. Click on an encounter to bring up a window that looks something like this:
This has the existing cater option (first button), the existing fight option (third button), and a new 'quick fight' option (second button).
In this example the player has already defined their default army. If they don't have enough troops available, or they haven't selected a default army, this option would be greyed out.
View attachment 7439

2. Next they would select one of these buttons to complete the encounter:
Cater: Identical to the existing 'Cater' option.
Quick Fight: Clicking this option will send the chosen troops to battle in an auto-fight, and bring up the usual battle results window.
Custom Fight: Effectively identical to the existing 'Fight' button. Clicking this option will bring up the usual army set-up window, with one minor addition, which would be a button to set the chosen selection of troops as the default army, like below. This would bring up a confirmation window, then return to the army setup window, where you could then fight via one of the first two buttons, or exit back to the previous window.
View attachment 7440

Number of Clicks:

To summarise the options:
If you want to manually fight, you click the exact same buttons as the current system. Number if clicks is the same per encounter.
If you want to auto-fight with a custom army that you choose, you click the exact same buttons as the current system. Number if clicks is the same per encounter.
If you want to 'quick fight', you select your troops and start an auto-fight with 1 click. Compare that to 7 clicks to do the same thing with a custom army of 5 squads under the current system.

As an example, if you completed 10 provinces to 1 star, and 70% of encounters could be quick-fought, then under the current system this would take about 390 clicks. Under this proposed system, it would take about 222 clicks, plus slightly more to define a default army occasionally. This almost halves the number of clicks, which for a big tournament adds up to a large time saving.

How do people feel about this idea?

I do not think your proposal would fit on the real estate of a mobile, nog on a low res monitor.

UlyssesBlue

I'm disenchanted to hear that similar suggestions have previously been posted, without success, even though they were popular. I was unaware of those, but it's pretty clear I'm far from the only one who sees this issue as a problem, and who thinks this may be one good way to solve it.

I hope this one has more luck. I would be keen to hear more feedback based on whether people think this is a good idea or not, or suggestions for improvements.

Dony

King of Bugs
tournament overhaul is inbound and inevitable to happen at this point, todays update is just another proof
so lets just see all the changes first

UlyssesBlue

tournament overhaul is inbound and inevitable to happen at this point, todays update is just another proof
so lets just see all the changes first
What changes are those? Do you mean the dwarf chapter balancing changes? They don't seem tournament related. Could you elaborate on what has happened and what you think might be happening?

Dony

King of Bugs
no, 9 more tournament chests to 19 total
what can happen is that KPs from tounrmanet are moved to new chests as AWKP and KPs from tournament are removed completely
why? because new chapter was too easy if you had enough KPs, and also it would make evolving building or new kind of sets which produce KPs more demanding then it is now

we already saw diamond transfer from personal rewards to fellowship rewards in spire, and this could feel exactly the same with kps

Last edited:

iDavis

Last time I had a nightmare was after watching The cube, guess what this change is probably gonna bring me another one..

CrazyWizard

no, 10 more tournament chests to 20 total
what can happen is that KPs from tounrmanet are moved to new chests as AWKP and KPs from tournament are removed completely
why? because new chapter was too easy if you had enough KPs, and also it would make evolving building or new kind of sets which produce KPs more demanding then it is now

we already saw diamond transfer from personal rewards to fellowship rewards in spire, and this could feel exactly the same with kps
What are you talking about?
I can't find anything in the gamefiles and the tournaments aren't online either. I still see 10 reward chests.

I know plenty of players who dont event do the tournament that finished the chapter, because they never participate in tournaments in a mayor fashion not play the spire they are sitting on hundreds of millions of goods like 50-100M of each of the 9 single types.

They just press buy KP the second a new chapter arrives and have as many KP as they want.
If people want there is always a way to speedsrace trough a chapter in one way or the other.

If what you said is what they want, they can just swap out those 5 and 6KP parts with 5 and 5+1 KP instants.
They dont need to do fancy stuff.

Dony

King of Bugs
small corection its only 9 extra, of course everything is just placeholders, work in progress and my imagination, we shall see where it will lead

Lovec Krys

I hope we don't get kps greatly nerfed, my wonders are always hungry for more. Also in any tournament overhaul BP availability comes to question.

UlyssesBlue

With the new tournament changes that were announced today it seems my suggestion will largely be unnecessary for a few reasons:
- the tournament is changing to one encounter per province, which will greatly reduce the number of clicks, and therefore achieve the same thing this suggestion set out to achieve anyway (plus quite a bit more)
- the troops needed will be more randomised, so it will be unnecessary to have one single army set as the default army

If the latter feature gets rolled back it could perhaps become relevant again, but with the former feature being added my proposed feature is far less critical in that scenario.

Marindor

As you already stated in your last reply, this idea should indeed no longer be necessary, so for now I'll archive this thread. If you have any other improvement suggestions, please feel free to create a new idea.