• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Not a Bug [mobile]Log-in information in version v. 1.64

• Thread starter DeletedUser1681
  • Start date

DeletedUser1681

Ipad - game version 1.64.0-7ed9dda-0 (zz1.65). Also live servers (same prefix, but v.1.63.)

This new version remebers log-in information, has entered information pre-filled when you next time open the game. And not just player-name but password also. The password is shown as ******* etc. but it doesn't matter if you can just tap your way into the game. I find this undesirable behaviour. I suppose there's a way to delete it but my point is that it wasn't like this before - started just a day or two ago with last update.

The answer to this is probably the classic "it's not a bug - it's a feature" but I don't think it should work that way.

I can see a world of trouble even within a family circle (let alone outside of home), any mischievious person finding your tablet or mobile phone lying around can practically destroy you city. I talk with some passion (having been on the receiving end) as some years ago a teenager who was denied something that she wanted took her revenge :(. I would not want that happening to anyone else.

Jixel

Ironically, this is almost exactly the feature I've been waiting for since they introduced the mobile version, I want to be able to switch between different worlds and different servers without ever having to enter username/password for each one. I say "almost", because I use different passwords on the different servers (EN, US, Beta), and it looks like this only saves one password.
For me, that behaviour would work, because I only have it on my phone, and basically no-one else ever gets to use it.

I can see that it could be an issue in the situation above, though, with shared devices or family access, so maybe it should be an option ? e.g. a checkbox when you first enter username/password for "remember my details ?" That way you could leave it unchecked and be safe, I could check it and never again have to type in the details on a fiddly phone keyboard, and we'd both be happy.

(if I remember correctly, this is exactly how the web version works, so maybe the mobile version should match)

DeletedUser1681

...so maybe it should be an option ? e.g. a checkbox when you first enter username/password for "remember my details ?" That way you could leave it unchecked and be safe, I could check it and never again have to type in the details on a fiddly phone keyboard, and we'd both be happy.
That would solve the issue :)

Marindor

It's indeed intended this way. The suggestion to make it an option in your settings, will be forwarded as feedback :)