• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

World Map Mobile App: Personalized NH

Are you in favor of this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Elrondriel

Summary
Implement an option to show NH preferences in the NH menu

Description
Most players are used to put their specific wishes for neighborly help into the city name field. In the browser version, visitors to their city can easily view it and hopefully polish exactly what was wished.

On the new mobile APP, players can no longer see the city name during neighborly help, as it is performed through a special popup window on the world map, without actually entering the neighbor's city.

By adding the city name to the a.m. popup (see example below), polishing preferences could again become available and personalized neighborly help would be possible also on the mobile app.

The effort for implementation should be fairly low, as it "only" requires adding an additional string into the popup. The content can probably be retrieved from the player database at the same time with the player name, which is currently already displayed.

xBQHqAHWR2a2VcL2EdqMww.png

Motivation
More benefit from NH, would make NH more valuable.

Possible downsides
None.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1777

It would be great to have it like that :)
Much better would be, we simply can choose by setting our preferences (1 BH, 2 C, 3 MH) once and the visiting player just need to hit a "help" button and the magic is done automatically

DeletedUser1657

Yes please. One of my fellowships was discussing this very thing on the weekend.

DeletedUser1657

Agreed Dony. There was a great idea on beta which had the idea similar to the current app help but it also included some options for towns which would see city names reverting to city names.

SoggyShorts

i dont know if i am the only one who is waiting 2 years to see that name of the city would actually be name of the city and not 50% of the time culture or main hall or builder
there should be another option somewhere where players could write their preferncies other then city name
Yes this would be the best next step, but would take more effort than simply pulling city names into the app.

Elrondriel

@Marindor
Here are links to 9 posts on the app thread on US forums asking for exactly this feature
After re-reading the whole thread on US it looks like this and a "remember me" log-in feature are by far the most requested improvements.

There's very similar feedback on the DE-Forum. In fact, I was very surprised that it had not been posted earlier in the idea thread o_O

Anyone feel free to use the text and picture to post similarly on the US forum ;)