• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Misty Forest 2021

SoggyShorts

Please game designers - the trash can is the best place to consign this abomination!!
Please game devs allow my LOVE for this event format to cancel out Jack's hate.
Mindlessly clicking rotating chests makes me want to claw my eyes out.
The misty forest actually asks us to use our brains rather than rely on pure luck to get extra currency for a good result.

Thank you for bringing back this absolutely wonderful format!

SoggyShorts

Many (most?) players prefer the nine rotating chests / hoops to the Shuffleboard and other variants on the event screen - even though the shuffleboard is a lot more user-friendly these days. The chests give one more control over how you plan your spending of event currency
The shuffleboard gives 100% control over your daily prizes and currency spending.
Shuffleboard 1 : Braindead chests 0

Enevhar Aldarion

I would support even more variety. There are 8(?) events per year, let's get a 4th format and rotate through them!

Inno would probably claim the Beacons are a different format, even though that is just three chests with a different image. The one thing different is no overflow when you are about to hit 20 to complete a grand prize. I do like that part for the times when you are at the end of an event and instead of maybe getting the three highest cost options, you have the cheaper options and a better chance of completing that final grand prize.

But yeah, 8 events: 5 with a variation of the 3 chest system, 2 with the 16-box system, and 1 with the fog system. I am trying to think of other mini-games I have seen in other games that are different from those and I am drawing a blank.

SoggyShorts

I am trying to think of other mini-games I have seen in other games that are different from those and I am drawing a blank.
Perhaps a CandyCrush/ToonBlastish minigame?
Most other mobile games have a reflex component that I can't imagine would go over well with this player base.

Lovec Krys

I can't say that i love the Misty forest format, but i can say:
- It has poor daily rewards and poor daily rewards ratio and it takes a lot of clikcs.
+ I'm very good at it. My beta city sits in the top Silver 4 hours before the end (currently 1 more point and i would be in gold).

Aeva

I come up short with 1 cat to get my 9th artefact... but I still love The Misty Forest :p

Edit: but I was in the silver league and got that artefact anyway :)

Last edited:

CrazyWizard

This event board is in my humble opinion the biggest mess that InnoGames have ever dreamed up!
I am so glad that I will not have to work with this nightmare for another year - unless they come to their senses and banish it entirely before then. It is entirely random and takes 30 minutes to an hour of boring click-click-click-click where I could use the time better elsewhere - to generate a random bag of unexciting itty-bitty junk that I have absolutely zero control over. It is about as interesting or exciting as counting the grains of sand on the beach. My principal objection to this format, shared by a large number of players in my group, is that it takes forever to spend your event currency, unlike the other formats. This evening it took almost 3/4 hour to blow my event currency in just one city; it would take several hours if you had a number of cities.
:(

Many (most?) players prefer the nine rotating chests / hoops / spheres to the Shuffleboard and other variants on the event screen - even though the shuffleboard is a lot more user-friendly these days. The chests give one more control over how you plan your spending of event currency - particularly for those not interested in the Grand Prize, who only do the event for ‘filler items’ like Instants and Boosters.

Please game designers - the trash can is the best place to consign this abomination!!
Misty forest has no shuffleboard and in general the forest is liked.

and you 30 min of boring clicking is no different with chests. so that makes no sense either.
It's more a mess of some very bad assignements they implemented in this event.

Pet food + combat encounter is a horrible combination. if it was a regular encounter. it's fine but fighting? thats a potential double mission impossible

galrond

Well I haven´t read the whole tread, but I still se a lot complain, that´s not the same as the rest of the events.
I like that it´s not the same. You have to consider how you progress/use your different light sources. It´s kind of an adventure :)
The way you get currencies is the same, but I like that you buy the light sources not the chests.
I must admit, that I have used diamonds on this one, to (hopefully) get gold.
Maybe they have been better used on something else, but that´s my choise ;)
Some ppl. play the game for the tournament, some for the spire, others to have a pretty city, and others again for the events.
I play Elvanar, because I like the citybuilding (and tournament/spire/events).
But most of all I play because NOBODY destroyes my city if I´m not online 24/7.
I really don´t get annoyed, that someone do better in parts of the game.
Well I got a little off-topic (but I´m not the only one).

I like that you could reroll the daily rewards, but it seemed like a 3-4 different items loop?

Edit: I just read @CrazyWizard ´s post, and I agree some of the combos were bad.
I also think they repeat the quests to often in a row. It´s ok to demand "buy xx KP", make "xx troops" and so on, but not the same demand too often in a row :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Skillpowers

overall the misty forest is an unique event that fits in with halloween , the bad thing is just the quests that they need to fix next time , way to many "buy kp and spend kp" early on. also since this is an event where u mainly have to focus on the cats the rewards themselve might need to take a look at so the random rewards are little bit better.

Aeva

Though I realy love this event, I do agree that the devs should take a look at the sequence (like already mentioned the series of kp's gaining and spending) and at some of the combinations.

Jackluyt

Misty forest has no shuffleboard and in general the forest is liked.
and you 30 min of boring clicking is no different with chests. so that makes no sense either.

Are you playing the same game as me Wizard? It took me three to four times as long last night to spend all those itty-shitty little bitties in the Mystery Forest as what I normally spend blowing big numbers of them on the bigger chests. That is why I hate this silly totally-random modality - and there are a large number of members of my facebook group and the Official FB group who say that they are not going to do the event at all because they like it so little.
I got to the stage after about 3/4 of an hour of repetitive clicking where I wanted to scream because I could not wait for the mindless process to end - and I was doing all I could to speed up the process; having worked so hard to make 5000 event currency I was very loth to throw it all away - but I was tempted, looking at the meager bag of useful items I was gaining. How people who have eight cities, one in each US world, manage to find the enthusiasm to claim all their rewards is a mystery to me. If you claim the lot on the last day as I was forced to do for personal reasons beyond my control, it would take between 3 and 5 hours to spend all the currency in 8 cities - and most of the prizes are things that one may not really want or need.

Last edited:

Skillpowers

Are you playing the same game as me Wizard? It took me three to four times as long last night to spend all those itty-shitty little bitties in the Mystery Forest as what I normally spend blowing big numbers of them on the bigger chests. That is why I hate this silly totally-random modality - and there are a large number of members of my facebook group and the Official FB group who say that they are not going to do the event at all because they like it so little.
I got to the stage after about 3/4 of an hour of repetitive clicking where I wanted to scream because I could not wait for the mindless process to end - and I was doing all I could to speed up the process; having worked so hard to make 5000 event currency I was very loth to throw it all away - but I was tempted, looking at the meager bag of useful items I was gaining. How people who have eight cities, one in each US world, manage to find the enthusiasm to claim all their rewards is a mystery to me. If you claim the lot on the last day as I was forced to do, it would take between 3 and 5 hours to spend all the currency in 8 cities - and most of the prizes are things that one may not really want or need.
if you spend 3-4 hours on clicking that does mean you are just slower then others and thats oke. i am in ur facebook group and its mainly a group to help newer players with questions they have (witch i do also help new playes with questions in the group). the misty forest is just more a tactical thinking on how to use each light and when to use it. its like the convince part in the tower. chest is just clicking on best options without much thinking. if you do all quests then you should easely get the building atleast to level 8 (and then 2 artefacts from bsa) if you can't get it to lvl 8 with all quests etc it means you wasted alot of lights to get prices instead of the cats.

Aeva

If you claim the lot on the last day you did not realy play the event @Jackluyt but you only collected the lot. There is no event funny or nice if you do all of it last minute.
The way I see it most people are complaining because they want a mindless clicking game and very fast results instead of thinking where to place their lights. Well, if they and you have fun in 7 events every year why can't the others have fun once a year?

Lovec Krys

Pet food + combat encounter is a horrible combination. if it was a regular encounter. it's fine but fighting? thats a potential double mission impossible
Agree.
This quest was copy pasted from last year, wasn't it? At least i think so.

ps: My final result: Silver - just 3 points below gold.

FieryArien

I have mixed feelings about misty forest type event.
- On one hand the chances for dailies are pretty low (it looks like I got 13 dailies), I didn’t like contents of most of the lost items and in many cases I didn’t even bother to uncover a field with a lost item. :-(
- On the other hand this event allows for some strategy and it does matter a great deal how you make your way through the forest. The strategy is on much more complex level than sorting the chests in all these “choose from 3” type of events.

In sum, my personal view is, that the minigame itself is more fun than any other event mechanics we have in Elvenar. It’s because the skill, the strategy you use, matters a lot. The player can’t just blindly follow a list of sorted chests, instead players must think about each move by themselves. However, overall I just prefer the “choose from 3” system, because it has better side rewards and better chance to get dailies.